Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
Dudes who complain that otterboxes are too big are prob the usual 5'5 120lb NTers.

It fits perfect fine in my hands.
Yeah but I will say I have a friend with a Note 2 and an Otter Box and it instantly becomes the most cumbersome bit of technology I'd dealt with since my lyra 

The transition for people going from a 4(s) to a 6+, the jump is rather drastic as expected at first.

I made the jump from my iPhone 4 to a Note 2 (same size as the 6+) and it was pretty difficult at first, but honestly I don't see myself ever going back to a smaller phone again...

The phone fits in my pockets just fine (front and back). The only issue I have is sitting down with the phone when the phone is in my pocket, it is pretty uncomfortable and very noticeable. I usually bring out my phone and place it on the table most times when I eat, or I place it in my jacket pocket. 

Otterbox cases aren't necessary. You just need a case with the lay on the table design and a screen protector.

The transition for people going from a 4(s) to a 6+, the jump is rather drastic as expected at first.

I made the jump from my iPhone 4 to a Note 2 (same size as the 6+) and it was pretty difficult at first, but honestly I don't see myself ever going back to a smaller phone again...

The phone fits in my pockets just fine (front and back). The only issue I have is sitting down with the phone when the phone is in my pocket, it is pretty uncomfortable and very noticeable. I usually bring out my phone and place it on the table most times when I eat, or I place it in my jacket pocket. 
2 things here:

1) You're entirely right about screen size. I never mocked it like some people will do, but once I had the Note 3, I can't go back to something smaller. I can deal with the 6+ obviously because it's an insignificant difference. Was temped to buy the 4.7 iphone 6 just to save money but I can't do it. 

2) Sometimes with tight pants, shorts, whatever, it can be uncomfortable having that huge phone in there but it's something i got used to. However, in any case, it has recently come to light that you should not have tech that close to your body for extended periods of time. I'm used to keeping my phone in my pocket, but I generally leave it on a table or something now if I don't need it on me because you get dangerous levels of radiation from having it there all the time.

Dudes who complain that otterboxes are too big are prob the usual 5'5 120lb NTers.

It fits perfect fine in my hands.

i think people are saying that for the 5.5

and it ruins the phone by its being so thin without a case then you are throwing a big bulky case on it

The phone fits in my pockets just fine (front and back). The only issue I have is sitting down with the phone when the phone is in my pocket, it is pretty uncomfortable and very noticeable. I usually bring out my phone and place it on the table most times when I eat, or
I place it in my jacket pocket. 

Having to take your phone out your pocket just to sit down comfortably sounds terrible.

Its looking more and more likely that I get the 4.7, there's just too many places and scenarios where the 5.5 would be cumbersome. The gym, BART, while getting twerked, etc.

Last edited:
Screen protectors are so overrated
I can't get down on that. One of my favorite features of the note 3 (no joke) is that it came with a screen protector out of the box. No more fumbling to put one on, or getting that piece of dust underneath it. My screen is immaculate because my screen has never smelled fresh air. My screen protector, on the other hand, has tons of scratches that it saved my screen from.

Having to take your phone out your pocket just to sit down comfortably sounds terrible.

Its looking more and more likely that I get the 4.7, there's just too many placed and scenarios where the 5.5 would be cumbersome. The gym, BART, while getting twerked, etc.
I know it sounds like it would be but it seriously isn't. The worst part for me so far with a 5.7" phone is that wearing gym shorts or sweat pants the phone's weight alone will make ya pants sag. But that's the worst I can say haha.

Its looking more and more likely that I get the 4.7, there's just too many placed and scenarios where the 5.5 would be cumbersome. The gym, BART, while getting twerked, etc.

That is my dilemma. I mean I can not bring my phone to the gym if the bigger screen is justified but taking public transportation all the time and having to take our your phone all the time to just sit down seems annoying. And I am not even talking about that I can't sit down but more so I'd have to stand up in a compact sardine can of a bus just to take out my phone out my pocket. Luckily SF always has cool weather where I'd always have a jacket but if I just wore shirts, it'd be annoying to always have to just hold that phone in your hands.

That is my dilemma. I mean I can not bring my phone to the gym if the bigger screen is justified but taking public transportation all the time and having to take our your phone all the time to just sit down seems annoying. And I am not even talking about that I can't sit down but more so I'd have to stand up in a compact sardine can of a bus just to take out my phone out my pocket. Luckily SF always has cool weather where I'd always have a jacket but if I just wore shirts, it'd be annoying to always have to just hold that phone in your hands.
It's really not like that. Unless you're wearing Wiz Khalifa status skinny jeans it's not an issue.

im neither... but on multiple occasions ive gotten out the car & forgot it was on my lap & it goes head first on the concrete
i used to do this over n over n over in my younger college days.

I remember we just parked n was bout to head to club. I drove .. opened the door got out phome fell like always i look down its not even there .

We parked right above a sewer drain :x

Night was ruined for about 2 hours .. managed to pull a cpl numbers after i drunk with my boy phone

I stil have thia issue every now n then but the cheap cases are workin jist fine for me. Not buying that clunky *** otterbox

5.5 aint for everybody, get the 4.7 girl phone.
It's not for everyone, that's for sure. But I think people in here are blowing the proportions out of proportion. It's not like you have a freaking brick in your pocket, with the slim form-factor of the phone, it's really not a big deal. Pants with short pockets might be an issue but other than that, you're good. Just gotta try it and see, I think.

Otter boxes are for your 50+ year old parents who use their index finger to send text messages and increase their screen text size to extra large.

I hope incase or casemate has som cases for sale right away. I would order today.

The iphone 5 release was a disaster for me. I bought the 1st day and at&t and apple didn't have cases. The next day getting out of the truck, sure enough that ultra thin phone fell right out of my lap and onto the concrete. shattered

apple was nice enough to replace the phone for me since there weren't cases available. That's why I'm loyal to apple because they didn't have to do that.

Getting the 6+ and go full on naked. Whats the point of having a thin/nice looking phone if you just going to make it all ugly and fat with a otterbox.

Ill consider a smart cover if they make one.

Last edited:
It's really not like that. Unless you're wearing Wiz Khalifa status skinny jeans it's not an issue.

Not even. But I do carry tons of other crap in pockets like my keys, wallet, badge to get in the office, gum and other such things. Just might be a real pain but I might get the large phone as a trial and if any, return it and get the smaller one.

On another note, anyone see Orbit Key. Some way to hold all your keys where it won't scratch your phone in your pocket.

home-featured-promo.png

Keysmart is another one:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/d-BPMVPtL9c

Not even. But I do carry tons of other crap in pockets like my keys, wallet, badge to get in the office, gum and other such things. Just might be a real pain but I might get the large phone as a trial and if any, return it and get the smaller one.

On another note, anyone see Orbit Key. Some way to hold all your keys where it won't scratch your phone in your pocket.

Keysmart is another one:

Those are really cool! But yeah, for anyone on the fence, just buy the big phone and then swap out if you can't handle it. The other way around, you're gonna have to shell out extra $$$ on top of selling your phone to swap.

Getting the 6+ and go full on naked. Whats the point of having a thin/nice looking phone if you just going to make it all ugly and fat with a otterbox.

Ill consider a smart cover if they make one.

**** that bruh. Be a real man. Raw dog that ****

#teamraw

Back
Top Bottom