• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
pimp.gif

:lol: so called verizon talked to the CSR...no dice...requested talk with supervisor/retention...still no dice for an early upgrade of just a month and a half
apparently the iphone 6 doesnt even apply to their 30 day bs they told me about earlier and now I'm seeing that people that were within a week of the release date of the 19th are now eligible for an upgrade RIGHT NOW...don't understand how that is fair
guess I'm jumping ship to at&t

Last edited:
I kind of miss when the service providers did the annual waive if you were an existing iPhone customer. I still never upgraded early, but it was cool that people were given the option.

I'm thinking of just going ahead and getting a 6 outright next month. But sanity will probably prevail and I'll hold off for a 6S+ (or whatever)

laugh.gif
so called verizon talked to the CSR...no dice...requested talk with supervisor/retention...still no dice for an early upgrade of just a month and a half
apparently the iphone 6 doesnt even apply to their 30 day bs they told me about earlier and now I'm seeing that people that were within a week of the release date of the 19th are now eligible for an upgrade RIGHT NOW...don't understand how that is fair
guess I'm jumping ship to at&t
Yeah, at that point just cancel your verizon service and switch over to AT&T. Pay an ETF of like $60 and be done with it.

Ehh selling used phones is for broke ppl.
Nope. I pay 400 for my phone and I sell it for 400. Sounds like a no brainer. Haven't paid for an iPhone since the first one
Yep.  After selling my 5s, I'm up $90 on my out-of-pocket costs.  Flip that over to the 6, and I might have to come out of pocket $40ish if I decide to put something down on it (eligible for $0 down).  

It doesn't make sense for me to keep my old iPhones.  Applecare+ handles repairs, replacements, etc right away.  And I've never lost a phone and am never in a position to have it stolen (always on me in public).  

Got a nice little prorated $46 refund from Applecare+ too, so I'm only coming out of pocket $53 for it on the 6.  
pimp.gif

I always thought screen protectors and cases were a little unnecessary for myself.

Apple spends millions getting these products just right.. Why cover it with a $10 plastic case?

It's kinda like sneaker shields and sole protectors. I just wear my joints.

Team naked

May just hold off till my December upgrade. Just found out I would have to pay 700+ to early upgrade....I like money too much to drop that much on a phone when I just had my 5 replaced by apple so basically my 5 is brand new :nthat:.

Last edited:
I always thought screen protectors and cases were a little unnecessary for myself.

Apple spends millions getting these products just right.. Why cover it with a $10 plastic case?

Team naked

I always looked at it from a resale point of view. No one ever keeps their phones anymore with how fast they make new ones. The better the phone looks, the more money you can get. It's exactly like buying used shoes. No one wants some beaters.

I remember my bro lost his 4s and At&t was cool with him switching to the S5 and agreeing to paying $40 more on the bill. You guys think I can say I pull the same thing this time. Rather do that than pay outright.

my 3 year contract ran out about a week ago, i cant wait to get rid of this 4.

Team naked
i do a case and screen protector

just added peace of mind  to not worry about causing harm or destroying something i paid x amount of dollars for. i use my phone for a lot and its inevitably gonna get dropped, why not have that feel of security all the while maintaining a decent resale value.  while im not careless at all with my things, my momma taught me to protect what i worked hard for and things that are essential to my everyday life

non sneaker shield/protector wearer here.

Team naked
man i stay cased up, i just rather the peace of mind

and dat feel when you put it in a case fresh out da box

then a year a 2 later its basically brand new 
pimp.gif

just called the VZW CS and was told you can only have you pre ordered phone shipped to your home address. Once you get your phone you can take your old iphone into the store to get the rebate instantly and apply it to your bill..

i do a case and screen protector
just added peace of mind  to not worry about causing harm or destroying something i paid x amount of dollars for. i use my phone for a lot and its inevitably gonna get dropped, why not have that feel of security all the while maintaining a decent resale value.  while im not careless at all with my things, my momma taught me to protect what i worked hard for and things that are essential to my everyday life

non sneaker shield/protector wearer here.

Man....when you first drop your phone on the concrete without a case, it's like it happens in slow motion. And then you pray that when you pick it up, there will be no scratches and when you do, of course there are scratches in all corners of the case. It never fails.

If anyone has GSM iPhone do a insurance claim as lost. sell your original one and the new one. You should be able to make some decent money to upgrade.

Those of you asking when does apple or whoever actually take the money from your account when you order...

YOUR ASKING THE WRONG QUESTION ...

You should be asking yourself do I really need to be buying this $200+ (depending what you want) phone right now since im concerned about when the money is taken out.

You either dont have the money or you need to handle the other priorities that tie up your money which you are trying to plan around. Same goes for those new kicks

I always looked at it from a resale point of view. No one ever keeps their phones anymore with how fast they make new ones. The better the phone looks, the more money you can get. It's exactly like buying used shoes. No one wants some beaters.
THIS

front and back Xtreme Guard Body protector & a phone case 24/7 until I take it off to sell it

Back
Top Bottom