Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
I thought you could buy bigger sim with bigger memory. So if the phone is 16gb you can't increase the memory.?

SIMs are completely different from memory cards, and on an iPhone what you buy is what you're stuck with. Apple has a LONG history of locking down their systems, pretty much everything after the Apple II has been locked down tight, hell up until they did the switch to intel chips in 06 even the RAM was a pain to buy because of the esoteric choices they'd make.

I thought you could buy bigger sim with bigger memory. So if the phone is 16gb you can't increase the memory.?

SIMs are completely different from memory cards, and on an iPhone what you buy is what you're stuck with. Apple has a LONG history of locking down their systems, pretty much everything after the Apple II has been locked down tight, hell up until they did the switch to intel chips in 06 even the RAM was a pain to buy because of the esoteric choices they'd make.

This is definitely Spanish to me.
What's a bigger SIM card for then?
Like, what's the difference between ram and memory? Speed?
I guess I should google it eh

does anyone know an easy way to transfer my phone contacts on my android to my iphone?

i DONT want to transfer my gmail contacts..its such a mess when that happened on my android

SIMs are used on GSM networks to identify the subscriber, the oldest cards are about the size of a credit card with the current iPhones using the nano-SIM format that's basically just the chip with a layer of plastic on the back. SIMs don't even have a full meg of memory on them since all they're used for is storing your identity when the phone makes a handshake with the network. They can save something small like 200 numbers/contact info too, but it's been quite a while since I was really versed in what else a SIM card did.

Memory cards like the microSDHC cards other phones use let you expand the base memory in the phone. Like on a Samsung if you buy it with 16 gigs you can then get a big memory card to save music/files on (but someone correct me if I'm wrong about this) even there they won't let you store/run apps from the expanded memory right?

RAM is the memory that the computer/phone uses that's basically right off the processor, it's temporary so when a file is not actually in use it's bumped off the RAM to make room for more. The more RAM you have the smoother files will run, when smart phones came out it was something pretty small now we're looking at 1GB as the standard.

Memory is slower, it's for bulk storage, that's where you keep your photos, apps, music, videos, the more you have the more you can carry with you. Apple has kept the iPhone locked as far as memory goes and won't let you open it up and more yourself.

guess I'm stuck with my 16gb 6 plus 

tomorrow is my last day to exchange and there is not any 64 or 128 pluses in the bay area
what color are u looking for?? there have been alot of 128 gb 6 plus in gold and some silver the past few days at apples around the bay area.. if your looking for space grey then yea none

does anyone know an easy way to transfer my phone contacts on my android to my iphone?

i DONT want to transfer my gmail contacts..its such a mess when that happened on my android
att has an app that works well if u have att. its called "att mobile transfer" lets u transfer contacts, photos and i think something else from phone to phone.. just download it on both phones and follow directions =0

does anyone make those decals that incorporate the apple logo on the back.. like they do for the laptops..

i have a clear case, and would be cool to have one of those decals. thers that one dood who sells those jordan cases that do it as its see through, but i dont need a case, just the decall as i have a clear case already. i like the one where jordan silouette is holding the apple logo and posting up.

Is there a music app that you DL songs on it and that's basically the Music built in app? Does it take up your phones storage?

How much is the Iphone5 16GB going for these days?

Verizon is offering a trade in of $200 and BestBuy for $225.

Really considering getting the 6 16GB and just pay the tax or even go 64 though I don't really need it since I don't download much apps or upload any music at all.

Is it better to sell somewhere else or are those pretty good deals?

Memory cards like the microSDHC cards other phones use let you expand the base memory in the phone. Like on a Samsung if you buy it with 16 gigs you can then get a big memory card to save music/files on (but someone correct me if I'm wrong about this) even there they won't let you store/run apps from the expanded memory right?
Yes Samsung phones lets you store some of your apps on the sd card.. our phones can run up to 128gigs for the micro sd card... and if you really need to, you can hook up your portable hard drive to your phone and run files off of that...

Thinking of getting my daughter a iphone.. 5s is $200 cheaper then the 6.. is the 6 worth the extra 200

Apple trollin me so hard b.

How my phone go from China to Korea, then back to China, then back to Korea and forgot it's passport causing it to miss it's flight???  

My phone is currently a POW in North Korea 
mean.gif

Thinking of getting my daughter a iphone.. 5s is $200 cheaper then the 6.. is the 6 worth the extra 200
Faster processor (probably not much difference really. Will make a difference in a couple years when some of the new IOS' release), and the Apple pay ability.

Last edited:
Anyone use Hotmail and use the "Mail" app with it?

iOS8 seems to take forever to load/check for new emails

Yes Samsung phones lets you store some of your apps on the sd card.. our phones can run up to 128gigs for the micro sd card... and if you really need to, you can hook up your portable hard drive to your phone and run files off of that...

Isn't this only on the flagship phones though? My friend (and cheap bum) only buys the takedown models that are basically the previous year's galaxy under a different name, and on those, they don't allow you to store apps on the card.

Back
Top Bottom