Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters

I don't understand why Apple doesn't do expandable memory. They can come up with their own memory cards that are only for Apple. Like that, they can charge basically whatever they want for em. Would be nice for people stuck with low memory devices to be able to upgrade memory when/if they need to.

Pretty sure it would be pretty profitable for them to do that as well.
I think you answered your own question. If they released and expandable option it would decrease the need for the larger storage phones thus decreasing they profits.

Maybe they'll add it in 5 years
Their expandable memory is icloud.  They want you to just pay your monthly subscription fee for icloud.  It won't benefit them to add SD slots to phones.  When your phone gets full instead of buying a memory card to add space you either A. Buy a new phone or B. upgrade icloud to get more space.

The only money monopoly im waiting on is to see what they do with the Beats ownership.  I would think they would make some sort of special edition iPhone only headphones that only work with iphones or something to capitalize on having the ownership.  
Did anyone jailbreak iOs 8.- 1 8- 02
ios8 isn't jailbroken yet.  I believe they are working on it.  That being said i am still running ios8 not .0.1 or .0.2 in fear that if i upgrade i will miss the jailbreak in case it is only going to work with ios8

Really considering getting the 6 16GB and just pay the tax or even go 64 though I don't really need it since I don't download much apps or upload any music at all.

I would go with 64gb I initially said the same thing as you... I wont need it but Ive already exceeded 16gb.

Is there a music app that you DL songs on it and that's basically the Music built in app? Does it take up your phones storage?

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking. But I use Downloads Lite (the free version) to download tapes from datpiff directly onto my phone. It takes up storage on your phone but once downloaded you can open the app and play the songs whenever you want. I wish it downloaded into iTunes though, that'd be awesome.

View media item 1203414

How do these trade-in programs work? Does your phone have to be in perfect condition? I have a 5 that's seen some better days but thinking about picking up the 6 soon.

Yes Samsung phones lets you store some of your apps on the sd card.. our phones can run up to 128gigs for the micro sd card... and if you really need to, you can hook up your portable hard drive to your phone and run files off of that...

Isn't this only on the flagship phones though? My friend (and cheap bum) only buys the takedown models that are basically the previous year's galaxy under a different name, and on those, they don't allow you to store apps on the card.
What do you mean by last years model with a different name?
I've only owned a s2 and notes.. I'm pretty sure the Galaxy s and note line you can.. but like i said, it's only some apps though... But personally i leave apps on the phone memory and all the movies/albums that i download straight to my phone goes to the sd card...

like the Galaxy victory and stuff like that, it basically uses the older tech and stuff and they sell it cheap to pay as you go customers, but they end up stripping out some of the features the flagship had when it was sold as an S.

This Health app that came with iOS 8 seems pretty useless. Or Maybe I'm not doing it right.
It's useless, just a feature to boast about that people won't use after a week. Was kinda cool seeing how far I walked today and how many stairs I climbed.

If you don't have a 5s or 6 you don't have the chip that the health app needs to measure things. It's also basically just an api kit for app/gadget developers to use to keep track of things.

Is there a music app that you DL songs on it and that's basically the Music built in app? Does it take up your phones storage?
You download something onto your phone it's going to take up storage. Whether it's directly on the phone or on a app in the phone unless it's some cloud stuff.

like the Galaxy victory and stuff like that, it basically uses the older tech and stuff and they sell it cheap to pay as you go customers, but they end up stripping out some of the features the flagship had when it was sold as an S.
Oh wow, i never heard of that/those phones... i usually just stick to the Galaxy S or Note line... But the one thing i hate is when people try to lump all Android phones into one category, then say androids crash and lag after blah blah blah...
Anyways, i was playing with my friends iphone 6 cuz i was thinking of getting one for my daughter.. it's a pretty sexy phone.. great size and everything... the size reminds me of my daughters galaxy s3.. i think that's why she might like it..

My problems with android all stem from the market segmentation and the workarounds you have to do if you've got a Mac based digital lifestyle.

While I will fully admit that I think the flagship stuff out for android is great, they drop the ball with these other things out there and especially with support for the new versions of the OS, while apple stops supporting a device after a few years they're really good about keeping the software running on devices that are still being sold.

I don't understand why Apple doesn't do expandable memory. They can come up with their own memory cards that are only for Apple. Like that, they can charge basically whatever they want for em. Would be nice for people stuck with low memory devices to be able to upgrade memory when/if they need to.

Pretty sure it would be pretty profitable for them to do that as well.
I think it has to do with them keeping their ways. They never offered it so they won't because "it's not true to their brand" idk how to really put it other than just being stubborn set in their ways and can get away with it

But they def should. And you're right could get away with the price just like they did when they first moved to the 8-pin charger and offered the adapter for like $45 lol bet they made a killing off the bat
or if you could take your phone into the Apple store and they open it up to place a larger memory card in it, while transferring your data...

would charge like $129 though

Isn't this only on the flagship phones though? My friend (and cheap bum) only buys the takedown models that are basically the previous year's galaxy under a different name, and on those, they don't allow you to store apps on the card.

The OS is designed to be able to install apps on the SD Card. It's up to the app owner to implement it.

You have App Managers that allow you to move it to your SD Card.

not sure if im understanding correctly, but i use spotify. some people dont like paying the monthly fee, but i download a few albums, new and old every month so it pays for itself. to lazy to pull my itunes library over to it, but it is in itself a stand alone music app (side note, i make all my music available offline and download over wifi so i can listen to it whenever without burning data)

Those of you with 6 + ... how has your experience been? Do you recommend the 6 + coming from a 5s? How is it for one handed use?

TBH what worries about the phone is the size. It won't fit in my cup holder anymore and it'll be harder to be discreet at work when I'm on my phone for personal stuff.

I've been leaning 6 the whole way but saw a 6 + and it was really nice. My store is getting both tomorrow and the chick is going to hold whichever one I want for me :pimp:

I love the size of the regular 6 now that I've used it for some days.

Thinking back on the 6 plus, it would have been too big on a daily basis

The 6 is the perfect size in hand and is still considerably larger than the 5/s

The Plus is OD big and would take up a lot of pocket space, wouldn't be able to put it away without the bulge in your pocket, and you might grow tired of the size inconvinience sometimes

Even though I still want it :lol:

That screen is just too good on the plus

Really considering getting the 6 16GB and just pay the tax or even go 64 though I don't really need it since I don't download much apps or upload any music at all.

I would go with 64gb I initially said the same thing as you... I wont need it but Ive already exceeded 16gb.

I've always gotten the lowest memory iphone and barely use up 70%-80% of it and when 16GB became the smallest for the 5 it just freed up more memory I don't use. I think I might be at 60% right now. I just hate unnecessary junk/apps on my phone so if it's no use, I just delete it.

I've always gotten the lowest memory iphone and barely use up 70%-80% of it and when 16GB became the smallest for the 5 it just freed up more memory I don't use. I think I might be at 60% right now. I just hate unnecessary junk/apps on my phone so if it's no use, I just delete it.
Same here .. Specially if you have a computer at home you can easily sync what you want in and out easy as that .. Those saying a 6plus 16gb is worthless needs talk to me I made it work and have no issues

Man... i can't find a space grey 128gb 6 plus for AT&T ANYWHERE in the north jersey area SMFH 

anyone got any idea on where i can maybe look? Ive tried so many places 

seriously thinking of grabbing this crappy 16gb 6+ & rock it for a couple weeks n hope 128's show up for a swap...sprint playing too many damn games

Those of you with 6 + ... how has your experience been? Do you recommend the 6 + coming from a 5s? How is it for one handed use?

TBH what worries about the phone is the size. It won't fit in my cup holder anymore and it'll be harder to be discreet at work when I'm on my phone for personal stuff.

I've been leaning 6 the whole way but saw a 6 + and it was really nice. My store is getting both tomorrow and the chick is going to hold whichever one I want for me :pimp:

The experience has been great for me. I love the 6 + and can comfortable use it one handed. Doubt I'd ever go back to a smaller phone.

Same here .. Specially if you have a computer at home you can easily sync what you want in and out easy as that .. Those saying a 6plus 16gb is worthless needs talk to me I made it work and have no issues

I also have an ipad that helps with other apps like Netflix, HBO Go, etc...

Back
Top Bottom