• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
:lol:

Still doesn't mean anything. That's like saying the guys who work at Footlocker have a good knowledge of sneakers. Or that the dudes pushing supplements at GNC know something about fitness.

Valid point. But usually people get a job at a place like that based on experience or for a love of what they sell. The htc one just isn't too tier phone. I think someone said it is based on design quality. What does that even mean. Looks like any other htc. Nothing special

lmao, pretty much sums up my sentiments 
So on point :lol:

Do people not get that this is basically what is going to happen for a while now though? It's not like any other company has come out with a "revolutionary" product. The Gs3 and Gs4 was a screen/camera/processor upgrade.

Apple has an app advantage because of market segmentation. In order to keep that they have to keep their phones some one similar rolling forward. I just don't get all the scrutiny. What did people expected? Is a bigger screen the "change" everyone wants? Will that make you not say "oh its just the same phone with a bigger screen". Meanwhile other phone carriers are adding their own UI to Andriod causing it to be slower and not getting updated OS as fast.

People complain but never have a solution. What did you personally want in the next iphone that would have made you jump for joy? For me i needed more in the operating system. I am a jailbreak fan...but could live without it if i had quick reply texting. Now that they have command center and a better app switcher. But hardware wise....i don't like the fingerprint sensor...but other then that...phone seems on par with the rest of the market..and even ahead with the 64 bit chip set.

Last edited:

So there's absolutely nowhere that does pre-sale for the 5s?

nerd.gif
I'm sure the pre-sales will pop up today and Monday of next week
From the research that I've done.. I don't think they're doing preorders at all for the 5s.

Just first come, first serve in stores on the 20th. And online purchases on the 20th as well, but of course you're not gonna get it that day.

Def no pre-orders for the 5s. Before the phone even got announced, there were reports that supply would be scarce for the first batch

^ Don't think so.  T-Mobile iPhones are locked to T-Mobile.  They have to be unlocked in order to work with an AT&T sim card.  

On another note, 
laugh.gif
 @ tmobile.com being down already.  

Hope they straighten out the kinks before next Friday.  
mean.gif
tmobile iphones are only locked if you're planning on making monthly payments. 

If you are paying for the full price of the phone, they should be able to unlock it for you on the spot.
I'm not sure that's the case.  

For starters, you can't get it unlocked on the spot, whether you're in a store or on the phone with customer service.  They have to submit an unlock request to a special SIM unlock team.  Been there, done that.  And I can tell you that it can be a pain in the *** dealing with this b/c you can never talk directly to the SIM unlock team.  

Also, I think you have to have 40 days of active service prior to getting a device unlocked.  

http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1588

For starters, you can't get it unlocked on the spot, whether you're in a store or on the phone with customer service.  They have to submit an unlock request to a special SIM unlock team.  Been there, done that.  And I can tell you that it can be a pain in the *** dealing with this b/c you can never talk directly to the SIM unlock team.  

Also, I think you have to have 40 days of active service prior to getting a device unlocked.  

This is true I called T-mobile a couple weeks back and they told me something along these lines I was pissed because they really are pushing that whole no contract thing when they really have tons of "rules" that defy that whole philosophy.

Honestly from my understanding the best way to go about having an unlocked phone is to cop the AT&T version. They always seem to be the easiest to have unlocked/

^ Don't think so.  T-Mobile iPhones are locked to T-Mobile.  They have to be unlocked in order to work with an AT&T sim card.  

On another note, 
laugh.gif

mean.gif

If you are paying for the full price of the phone, they should be able to unlock it for you on the spot.

I was going off the info that I got from two tmobile employees that I recently talked to.

Either way, said person should just cop from apple.

On another note, 
laugh.gif

mean.gif

I was going off the info that I got from two tmobile employees that I recently talked to.

Either way, said person should just cop from apple.
Agreed about copping from Apple.  Much easier.  

And T-Mobile reps are idiots (as are most base level reps anywhere).  You can call them 5 times about the same issue and get 5 different answers.  

I'm leaning that way.  I still want to see video of the black 5s.
I not feeling what they did to the back plate on the black 5s the 5 looks way better then it.
This.

I definitely prefer the black/slate 5 over this black/space grey 5s. The black 5 just looks cleaner imo.

That's the main reason I'm leaning towards the gold 5s, but I would like to see a good video of the black 5s before I completely make my decision.

Agreed about copping from Apple.  Much easier.  

And T-Mobile reps are idiots (as are most base level reps anywhere).  You can call them 5 times about the same issue and get 5 different answers.  

Last year when the 5 released alot of people that didnt go to apple stores were upset cause the carrier stores and best buy mobiles ect didnt have alot of stock and it was a pain trying to get one. I was able to get mind only waited probably like 30 mins and exchange it later that night after i saw how nice the black phone. Apple stores definitely the way to go.

This is true I called T-mobile a couple weeks back and they told me something along these lines I was pissed because they really are pushing that whole no contract thing when they really have tons of "rules" that defy that whole philosophy.

Honestly from my understanding the best way to go about having an unlocked phone is to cop the AT&T version. They always seem to be the easiest to have unlocked/

Yes indeed!

Apple messed up the black iPhone man :smh:

i just dont think they want another scuffgate type problem on their hands.

i think the space gray looks awesome

but the black/slate 5 was beautiful. wish they would have made it a real flat black instead of the blueish type but still, its nice :lol:

so if you are Tmobile you can purchase straight from Apple and then take your phone in to Tmobile to transfer all data from your SIM?

I've never purchased an iPhone from the Apple store before, but you can still get your upgrade price even though you purchased directly from Apple, correct?

I've never purchased an iPhone from the Apple store before, but you can still get your upgrade price even though you purchased directly from Apple, correct?

Yes sir

If your carrier is T-Mobile, I think you have to pay the full price up front though. :smh:
They won't give us the option of monthly financing.

I'm lucky I'm off on Friday for the release though. What time are you all going to line up?

-Drew

If your carrier is T-Mobile, I think you have to pay the full price up front though. :smh:
They won't give us the option of monthly financing.

I'm lucky I'm off on Friday for the release though. What time are you all going to line up?

-Drew

For the 5 they definitely allowed monthly financing. That's what my girl did.

Might change for the 5s though

Back
Top Bottom