Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
^^^youve used it 3 hours tho. 61% left isn't bad. Try lowering screen brightness, and closing apps (double click home button, swipe away apps you don't need to stay open). Should help.

^^^youve used it 3 hours tho. 61% left isn't bad. Try lowering screen brightness, and closing apps (double click home button, swipe away apps you don't need to stay open). Should help.

Screen brightness is on auto. I need some sort of brightness since my eyes are horrid.

I've heard swiping away apps could actually decrease battery life because it needs to restart the app and stuff

Screen brightness is on auto. I need some sort of brightness since my eyes are horrid.

I've heard swiping away apps could actually decrease battery life because it needs to restart the app and stuff
I'd take it off auto, and adjust as needed. I notice if I have it up too high, I can almost sit there and see the battery draining as I'm using it. With the bottom swipe to adjust it, makes it much easier than before to adjust it when lighting conditions change.

Swipe closing the apps makes a huge difference. I used to rarely do it, and I'd have to charge my battery once or twice during my shift at work (depending on usage of course). Now, there's days where I can make it the whole day without charging, or late in my shift if I do charge it.

Phone dying at rapid speed went from 70 to 59 in 30 minutes. Phone dies at 20% when I'm used to it shutting off around 7%

For those who are having a difficult time finding a case for the champagne gold, I found one that I will be using for a while. If you're looking for a "barely there" case that is very small, this one is great. I also like it because it matches the champagne gold to a tee. Ordered from Spigen (link below).  If you want something more than the really slim, light case for more protection, they have other options in that color. I just wanted something that wouldn't make the iPhone lose its sleek look and color.

http://www.spigen.com/brands/apple/...eciton/iphone-5-5s-case-ultra-thin-air-a.html

The best way for me to save battery is to just simply turn the wifi/4g off when im not using it. I could actually use my 5s for a day and half when i do this even with that stupid parallax effect (sp?) and lots of running apps n the background

I feel like as a consumer, you should not have to do all these things to have good battery life. You should just be able to use your phone without fear of using all of it's juice. This was one of the main reasons I left android. For battery life and reliability. Battery life has been mediocre and the phone is extremely buggy. I'm going to the Apple Store this weekend to cop a new phone. If the replacement phone doesn't fix these issues, bruh...

I agree. But everytime they fixed the battery issue..they'll have a new feature come out that will eat all the battery life anyway so yea.. Works like a cycle

I guess I'm in the minority here, but my battery life is amazing. 64% after 12 hours.

What's your usage like though? iPhone is known to have great standby battery life.

But what does that matter? It's supposed to have great battery if you're not using it

If I don't use it all day if hardly budges. I'd call that moderate usage today. Even had a 30 min phone call (but I guess that stops me from using apps :lol: )

Heavy usage after 12 hours I'd say I'm usually in the high 30s to low 40s.

I usually work 8 hr shifts at work and have to continuously keep it on a charger or else 6 hours in I'm close to 0. I am a heavy user tho. Always streaming or you tubing

My battery life is *** on my 5s B

View media item 650242

:lol: take off location services for apps that you don't really need it for.

Turn OFF auto brightness and set your own. Using auto brightness requires the use of a sensor to detect light and its constantly getting brighter and dimmer (killer).
Just turned off location services on a bunch of apps... Let's see how much it helps.

I understand that these steps might be necessary in this day and age but I just don't want to have to limit on how I use my phone just because the battery sucks. This is the reason why I switched from my Android to an iPhone and the 5s is slowly giving me the same problems. Poor battery life, crashing, instability

I understand that these steps might be necessary in this day and age but I just don't want to have to limit on how I use my phone just because the battery sucks. This is the reason why I switched from my Android to an iPhone and the 5s is slowly giving me the same problems. Poor battery life, crashing, instability

If you use a phone all day, it's going to have bad battery life unless it's an old school Blackberry.

I'd take it off auto, and adjust as needed. I notice if I have it up too high, I can almost sit there and see the battery draining as I'm using it. With the bottom swipe to adjust it, makes it much easier than before to adjust it when lighting conditions change.

Swipe closing the apps makes a huge difference. I used to rarely do it, and I'd have to charge my battery once or twice during my shift at work (depending on usage of course). Now, there's days where I can make it the whole day without charging, or late in my shift if I do charge it.

quitting certain apps (streaming/gps intensive apps) will help your battery life but closing them all out on a reg. basis can't actually hurt more than it helps. i would actually check background app refresh (under settings>general) and turn that off cuz it actually uses location services without you actually activating anything. it uses a geofence to update app data in the background which can be a killer on ios7. also power cycling your phone once/twice a week helps with your long term battery health as far as charging capacity.

Back
Top Bottom