Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
The notch is going to take some getting used to. I have a black based background so I don't see it until I'm in the app

It feels a lot better in hand and premium than the 6-8 did

I'm happy with selecting the white over space grey. I always liked the white phones, but not that bezel.

SMH having trouble activating mines, getting the "please contact your carrier or Apple Customer Care message" on iTunes, anyone else have this problem? I am on AT&T network.

Hmm. Having some strange issues.

1. My old phone on WiFi and computer are getting some texts that my X just won’t get.

2. Battery in Belkin wireless charger pad barely does anything. Had it on about an hour at 32% and picked it up for a couple minutes and headed out and it’s at 28% ..? (Yes. It was charging.)

3. Face ID is cool BUT say you’re laying down sideways on your pillow it’s inconvenient to get it to work. Or if it’s on the pad and you rush over to check a text you gotta lean over and look at it or pick it up to get it to see you.

4. This is for everyone. No longer does it show your battery percentage. You gotta scroll your control hub down to see what % your battery is at.

5. YouTube subscriptions not showing in app.

6. Instagram videos not showing a picture when choosing a cover pic when connected to Apple TV.

7. Not connecting to xbox one air play mode.

8. I took a picture to explain this one. The camera is off center a bit. This is me holding the camera EXACTLY in front of me. In order to get it Center I have to hold it off center. (Well. Not able to upload pic from phone on the x.)

Anyone know how to remove the globe and the microphone on the bottom of the screen when the keyboard is open?

man we're living in a black mirror episode. this joint is like, too clean. like, some cats won't be getting any sex tonight bc his girl is gonna be too consumed talking selfies with this bomb *** portrait mode. Chicks gonna be taking 1,000 times more selfies now.

My girl got her X today, I’m playing with it and it’s wayyyyy to small for me now :lol:

I like it though, but it’s too small. I’ll stick with my 8+ for now. There’s not really different between the 2.

Front camera is slightly better and there’s selfie portrait mode, but the back camera is the same.

The speaker is weaker on the X, my 8+ is louder and more clear.

Hmm. Having some strange issues.

1. My old phone on WiFi and computer are getting some texts that my X just won’t get.

2. Battery in Belkin wireless charger pad barely does anything. Had it on about an hour at 32% and picked it up for a couple minutes and headed out and it’s at 28% ..? (Yes. It was charging.)

3. Face ID is cool BUT say you’re laying down sideways on your pillow it’s inconvenient to get it to work. Or if it’s on the pad and you rush over to check a text you gotta lean over and look at it or pick it up to get it to see you.

4. This is for everyone. No longer does it show your battery percentage. You gotta scroll your control hub down to see what % your battery is at.

5. YouTube subscriptions not showing in app.

6. Instagram videos not showing a picture when choosing a cover pic when connected to Apple TV.

7. Not connecting to xbox one air play mode.

8. I took a picture to explain this one. The camera is off center a bit. This is me holding the camera EXACTLY in front of me. In order to get it Center I have to hold it off center. (Well. Not able to upload pic from phone on the x.)
Did you honestly believe wireless charging was going to be a quick charge?

Is that the $40 one with the led light?

I wonder if there’s a decent but affordable one.. kinda wanna wireless charger, but not if it takes twice as long to charge.

So what’s the verdict on the X? I’m feeling like it’s not the game changer it was made out to be, doesn’t seem like people are gushing over it like talking bout, maybe the late release killed off the hype. Starting to feel like this wasn’t the upgrade I thought it would be.

Haven’t opened mine yet, but I toyed around with my wife’s phone. Pretty damn dope, although I wish it was a touch wider. As unnecessary as the big *** bezels on the Plus models are, they give it some heft.

The X feels mad solid build-wise, but in hand it’s dainty to me. Need that X+ model STAT.

Def don't fall for the wireless charging hype. BUT. My S8+ that I use for business is great at fast wireless charging.

Also, naw, the X isn't the upgrade we thought would revolutionize the game. If the "greed" in me didn't make me feel like I was losing by getting a 8+ knowing that the X was out, I think I would be happier with a 8+ right now. The non plus version of phones always felt like a downgrade to me.

I'll wait for bug fixes though.

So what’s the verdict on the X? I’m feeling like it’s not the game changer it was made out to be, doesn’t seem like people are gushing over it like talking bout, maybe the late release killed off the hype. Starting to feel like this wasn’t the upgrade I thought it would be.

Im loving it and im already use to the size

Loving the phone so far it does feel like a difference coming from a 7+ to an X. I HATED the bezels so I’m glad it’s gone, just wish the screen was a tad bit larger so that it would fit the native 16:9 video view instead of cropped by default.

Only gripe so far is closing an app using the app switcher requires way too many moves. Wish they just kept the swipe up to quit an app instead of having to long press it first then swipe up.

Anyone trying to restore from a backup of their older phone to the new X make sure it’s on the same iOS software otherwise it will fail. The X comes on 11.0.1 out the box, the current software is iOS 11.1

Last edited:
With the wallet case that I’m used to having taking up a lot of space my hands have already adjusted to the phone as far as size goes. Loving the phone so far. Super quick

Back
Top Bottom