Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.0%
  • Case

Votes: 282 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 57 12.4%

• Total voters
How much Apple charges to repair a cracked screen on IPhone 7 with no Apple care?

Could only find their prices online with Apple care

my wife has been teasing me for being so careful with my phone around the water :lol: her boss's husband has an x and he takes underwater vid with the naked phone. yesterday at the beach my phone drops in the water for about 3 seconds before i grab it and shake it off. i put the phone down and go swimming and come back to a dead phone. take it to apple and they say the phone is totally dead and give me a new one (free). does anyone else dunk their phone with no problems? i know salt water is much more corrosive so i guess that's what killed it?

i’ve never dunked mine, but have used it out in the pouring rain with no issue

i've gotten drenched with rain with no issues. i'm thinking of buying a water housing case but the price ranges are all over the place.

my wife has been teasing me for being so careful with my phone around the water :lol: her boss's husband has an x and he takes underwater vid with the naked phone. yesterday at the beach my phone drops in the water for about 3 seconds before i grab it and shake it off. i put the phone down and go swimming and come back to a dead phone. take it to apple and they say the phone is totally dead and give me a new one (free). does anyone else dunk their phone with no problems? i know salt water is much more corrosive so i guess that's what killed it?
The water resistance is in a thin layer of glue hiding the phone together. Over heating can ruin that glue. That’s what was told to me by Apple workers. With that said I used to take my phone in with me to the sauna and still had no problems

If you want to turn off the WiFi/Bluetooth you have to go through settings and turn it off. If you swipe up that just turns it off for the rest of the day.

I have an 8 plus, i turn the wi-fi off during work hours (by swiping up) but when i get home sometimes it auto connects to my home wi-fi and sometimes it doesnt.

how can i solve this so that it always connects?

I have an 8 plus, i turn the wi-fi off during work hours (by swiping up) but when i get home sometimes it auto connects to my home wi-fi and sometimes it doesnt.

how can i solve this so that it always connects?

71DF59A8-DA63-4683-9216-08164B247A49.png

98E509C6-323F-454E-B4BA-11F7DB1EED15.png

(I) then auto join

You could have google this your using a smartphone -_-

The water resistance is in a thin layer of glue hiding the phone together. Over heating can ruin that glue. That’s what was told to me by Apple workers. With that said I used to take my phone in with me to the sauna and still had no problems
my phone endures some pretty hot conditions with plenty of direct sunlight. that plus the salt water had to be the problem. i'm just glad they replaced the phone for free and i must have backed up my phone recently cause the only pics missing are the ones from the beach yesterday.

Why didn't you back up to iCloud ?
we all gotta learn the hard way some day man

same **** happened to me once or twice, lost A LOT of personal pictures that I cherished. Still bothers me til this day sadly

better to pay that 0.99 cents a month, auto back up and **** gets backed up every single night without you ever knowing

11.2-11.31 jailbreak released. Haven't installed it myself since I'm still on 11.1.1, but for those of you that have been waiting it's out there.

Having never owned anything Apple besides Pods back in the day, I still consider myself pretty neutral. What do y'all think of this?

I generally respect Dave's phone opinions, so this was pretty damning to me

He’s rigjt :lol:

Apple been ripping people off with these MacBooks (myself included) all they do is add something stupid to raise the cost (touchbar is absolutely worthless) and doesn’t even bother with anything to do with performance

They do have amazing quality and build, the rest is meh. I got a solid deal on my mid 2017 pro but still too much money in the end but most have known this

Yup I had a 08 unibody when it dropped lasted 5 1/2 or 6 years without issues then screen or something finally went out.

Thing was legit

Having never owned anything Apple besides Pods back in the day, I still consider myself pretty neutral. What do y'all think of this?

I generally respect Dave's phone opinions, so this was pretty damning to me

i’ve been there since the first quad core laptops

i’ve compared and contrasted the best gaming type machines with core i7 gen processors in 08/09 from Clevo/Sager to Alienware and non gaming macbook pros. The power did not justify the costs. At the time the costs were $2k for Sager, more than $2k for alien and like $2100 to $2200 for macbook pros

clevo sager being the best performance for price and mbp being the lowest

I chose clevo. I guess I like apples phones and pods but for pcs i like other companies

Any updates on this years release? Been searching but haven’t come across much of anything..

Back
Top Bottom