Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

my shipping tracker on ups has finally been updated im good to go for tomorrow!!

I understand that, what I dont understand is how they have extra phones to sell on release day, but people who pre-ordered have to wait 2 weeks? Why cant they give those to PRE-Ordered customers?
Do you ask the same thing about shoes that come out?

Reason you took the L:

You think ordering "on the 14th" in and of itself is good enough.

This is the iphone 5...you better know exactly what time you ordered it, and in what time zone.  

Release day delivery probabilities:

Ordering on the 14th in the 1st hour: money

Ordering on the 14th in the before sun up: outside shot

Ordering on the 14th anytime in the pm: snowball's chance in hell.
woke up around 8. on hold with customer care for like 20 min. finished placing my order round 9..if thats why i took the so called L so be it...my galaxy note's charging port recently stopped working and i hate my work blackberry....far from an apple fanboy....just need a reliable phone in my hands..

:lol: :lol:

hilarity

On a serious note though...one of two things is gonna happen with this maps app.

Google's app is gonna come out soon and everybody will just buy it and then it'll be just the same as it ever was (but awkwardly with two maps application...a pre-installed trash app and app store dl'd good one)....customers will be happy, Google will be happy because they have their mindshare, and apple will be happy because their consumers are happy and they didn't have to pay Google anymore for the priviledge of using it as a pre-installed app.

or

Apple will hear the backlash and rectify this app fairly soon making it a contender.

I'd put my money on the former though.

Got confirmation email from bestbuy earlier today.
Bestbuy just called me to set up my appt for 11am.
I got 2 iPhone 5s preorder he told me I was lucky because quite a few preorders not getting theirs.
Feelsgoodman.jpg

Question:

Yesterday when I completed my update to i0S 6 on my ipad 3rd gen and 4s along with the Mountain Lion update, all my devices utilized my phone number as the default id for iMessage. Things were great especially since I planned to sell my 4s later in the evening, I could just use my ipad to communicate until tomorrow when my 5 arrives. I sold the phone last night, took my sim out. Now my ipad only uses my email for iMessage. Dumb question; could this be because it recognizes my phone is not in use? Will it go back to normal when I get my new phone tomorrow?

Question:
Yesterday when I completed my update to i0S 6 on my ipad 3rd gen and 4s along with the Mountain Lion update, all my devices utilized my phone number as the default id for iMessage. Things were great especially since I planned to sell my 4s later in the evening, I could just use my ipad to communicate until tomorrow when my 5 arrives. I sold the phone last night, took my sim out. Now my ipad only uses my email for iMessage. Dumb question; could this be because it recognizes my phone is not in use? Will it go back to normal when I get my new phone tomorrow?

I think you should be good to go as long as you use the same appleid on it

hilarity

On a serious note though...one of two things is gonna happen with this maps app.

Google's app is gonna come out soon and everybody will just buy it and then it'll be just the same as it ever was (but awkwardly with two maps application...a pre-installed trash app and app store dl'd good one)....customers will be happy, Google will be happy because they have their mindshare, and apple will be happy because their consumers are happy and they didn't have to pay Google anymore for the priviledge of using it as a pre-installed app.

or

Apple will hear the backlash and rectify this app fairly soon making it a contender.

http://gizmodo.com/5945070/it-might...before-we-see-a-proper-google-maps-iphone-app

It Might Be a Couple of Months Before We See a Proper Google Maps iPhone App
Adrian Covert

TechCrunch's Alexia Tsotsis has sources at Google telling her that they hope to have a proper Google Maps iOS 6 app "before Christmas." Not next week, not next month. Before Christmas. Ugh.

That said, it could mean next week, or next month, but it's not exactly promising. After using Apple maps, that was not exactly the news I was hoping to hear. Hopefully it won't be that long. [TechCrunch]

lol damn is the maps that bad My roommate was just bragging about how tight it was.
you know...perhaps the backlash is a bit exaggerated.  If public transportation is not an issue for you, then the new maps may be decent.

But for people who used to look at subway routes, or bus routes it sucks.

Also (and I'm just going off of what I read in a review), the search algorithm is not as robust as google's was.  So if you search for Taco's, you might get Taco Bell (taco in the name), whereas google maps would have given you every restaurant nearby that serves tacos.  That sucks for broad inquires like, "pizza" or "chinese food" or "tire shop"

Last edited:
9to5Mac is reporting that Google has already submitted their app for review from Apple, and this has been confirmed by another knowledgeable source.

http://9to5mac.com/2012/09/20/googl...approval-it-is-solely-up-to-apple-to-approve/

hilarity

or

Google doesn't really put out that much paid software, though, for consumers. That's more Apple's style. It's more likely that Google puts it out for free to gain the maximum number of users and to run those App Store charts. And I can't see Apple being happy at all, they don't want consumers using Google's offering over theirs. Apple has the money to license Maps for a hundred years, but they're trying to create their own software offerings along with their hardware offerings to create even more of a walled garden where they run the whole show.

I`m surprised Apple didnt just buy the top Map company not named Google. It really took Google years to get where it is with the maps, so Apple gotta come hard.

LOL brah do you understand logistics? They doubled the quantity of last yr and still sold out, come on man.
I understand that, what I dont understand is how they have extra phones to sell on release day, but people who pre-ordered have to wait 2 weeks? Why cant they give those to PRE-Ordered customers?

simple
There is a pre order line, there is a 1st come first serve line.

choose your lane.

tom tom has never steered me wrong.
Tomtom was the first gps app I ever used and I used it for a while.

In fact, I own a tomtom standalone gps.

After I tried navigon's app, there was no going back.

Does the new apple map app deplete the battery fast?

With navigon, every minute I use it, it takes off 1% of my battery life.

I think I`m just gonna go to Gamestop and trade my joint in because on Ebay 4s is going for like 270-310 for vzw 16gb I will get about 251-226 from Gamestop I just hope they dont act lame and drop the values come tommrow because I`m going to trade in after I go to the gym friday evening.

...And I can't see Apple being happy at all, they don't want consumers using Google's offering over theirs. Apple has the money to license Maps for a hundred years, but they're trying to create their own software offerings along with their hardware offerings to create even more of a walled garden where they run the whole show.
I could be wrong...but I thought that money was a significant part of this.  I'm sure if google offered to do it for free apple would have obliged.  Also, if the whole "walled garden" thing is accurate, then why even let google sumbit an app to the app store.  Why not just say no.

you know...perhaps the backlash is a bit exaggerated.  If public transportation is not an issue for you, then the new maps may be decent.

But for people who used to look at subway routes, or bus routes it sucks.

Also (and I'm just going off of what I read in a review), the search algorithm is not as robust as google's was.  So if you search for Taco's, you might get Taco Bell (taco in the name), whereas google maps would have given you every restaurant nearby that serves tacos.  That sucks for broad inquires like, "pizza" or "chinese food" or "tire shop"
funny thing is that if u do an inquiry via siri lets say pizza... it will give u every place around u that sells pizza including calls/directions etc and from there u can take it and use it with maps....navigon/tom tom are def. better as far as functionality is concerned.

Back
Top Bottom