Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

Got my email from best buy around 10:51 am saying my black 64gb was in stock and reserved for me thru sunday the 23rd.

just got a call about 20 minutes ago asking to set up my appointment for my iphone 5 pick up or whatever. Ill be getting it at 5:30. can't eem wait.

for some reason im salty for yall who getting the in store pickup confirmations.. i got shipped and a tracking number on my order status... but when i go to ups to track it it shows it hasnt even been picked up yet... :rolleyes

Idk I never messed with google maps because it didn't have turn by turn, I always used mapquest guess I'll be sticking to that. And they say google maps is what it is due to the data it gathers from the apple and android users, so only time will tell with apple maps, I'm sure they will improve because of all the backlash it's just a matter of how soon, heck surprised apple didn't just buy garmin or Tom Tom in full

When exactly did you order? I ordered at about 10:30 eastern time. I'm pissed cuz I had originally put in the day for tm now Im uncertain if I should come into work or not..
anyone who pre ordered from Verizon get tracking info or anything? ordered around 10:30 am. on the 14th
Yeah ...ordered through verizon and got the fedex tracking on tuesday morning
A little bit before 3am eastern. Set my alarm early cause it was obvious there would be chaos later on. Did u order it through the verizon website or over the phone? If u did it over the phone make sure the rep put your order through. Cause they are known to "forget" to put some customers' pre order claims in right away. So u could have been on time for the release date but if he/she didnt put the claim in till days later then unfortunately u have to wait

This news about Apple Maps is incredibly disheartening. I will not be getting an iPhone 5 or even upgrading to iOS6 until this issue is fixed. The Maps function was one of, if not the most, crucial aspects of the iPhone and the one app I literally depend on every day. I love Apple products and I've never had issue with their software or hardware but I am not married to the idea of buying a nice phone that can't perform what I need it to.
I'll hold out until the end of October. If this issue persists and Apple decides to ignore it, I have no issue looking at an Android. I honestly never thought I'd say this.
Navigon is an excellent gps app.

TomTom's gps app is good as well.

Last edited:
Am I gonna have to take my iPhone to AT&T Friday to activate it, or are they pre-activated? I ordered mine thru Apple. Thanks.

This news about Apple Maps is incredibly disheartening. I will not be getting an iPhone 5 or even upgrading to iOS6 until this issue is fixed. The Maps function was one of, if not the most, crucial aspects of the iPhone and the one app I literally depend on every day. I love Apple products and I've never had issue with their software or hardware but I am not married to the idea of buying a nice phone that can't perform what I need it to.

I'll hold out until the end of October. If this issue persists and Apple decides to ignore it, I have no issue looking at an Android. I honestly never thought I'd say this.

tom tom has never steered me wrong.

For all of you guys complaining about the maps, it probably won't be an issue for much longer. Google already submitted their new Maps app to Apple, it's being reviewed in the App Store.

Access to high-quality maps is a critical feature for modern smartphones, and Apple's decision to swap out Google Maps is a rare example of the company openly placing its own interests above those of its customers.

compare_gallery_post.png

Now that's just ******g ridiculous. It's obvious Apple's Map wasn't ready for primetime, why on Earth rush a product, that still in a somewhat beta form?

Back
Top Bottom