Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

ive had the same issue like if u barely touch it etc while plugged up it will stop charging..... or syncing

just noticed the new cable is hard to pull out of the wall plug, like feels like the cable could break trying to take the wire out of the plug to use it on the computer
Yeah, I thought I was going to break it at first. I have an old car charger that has a usb adapter and I tried to connect the new cord to it. Of course it did not work and phone could not charge :stoneface: . It feels impossible to find a damn charger for this phone. I want a real charger with the lightning plug and not a usb adapter one.

Correct
smokin.gif
but after 4gb they throttle down the speeds to damn near 2g

you can get the iphone 5 and keep your unlimited data plan but you will have to pay the non contract price for it
yea but if im only using 2 gigs a month im basically paying for data i dont use right?? when i talked to them they said they will be able to put me on a 4 gig plan which is more then what i use. what would you guys do?
yea but if they put you on a 4 gig plan which is more than what you use, arent you paying for data you dont use either way

Last edited:
You can always change your data plan anyway. Just check your data usage for the billing cycle and see how much you use.

Zyzz 700 is how much a 16gb 5 is with tax,
Man This Jailbreak needs to drop already smh
im waiting on the jailbreak too... I got a feeling it's gonna be a while though.... Probably December or maybe the first of the year.. Last year with the 4s it was a long wait

Need jailbreak for the 4g unrestrictor tweak. Looking forward to faster app downloads than my current wifi and over the network, add in unlimited data. /BartScott

DJ AWARD finally got his iphone.

Contacts are all messed up though.

How can I delete all my contacts and re-install them? HELP.

Those new to AT&T, remember you only have 30 days from the date of activation to get insurance.

Covers cracked screens, liquid damage, lost or stolen phones, and mechanical or electrical failure.  Yes, you can take your damaged phone into the apple store and get a replacement, but if you have no phone you're pretty much SOL.

AT&T guarantees a phone next day with a $199 deductible.

It's $6.99/mo.

Last edited:
Those new to AT&T, remember you only have 30 days from the date of activation to get insurance.

Covers cracked screens, liquid damage, lost or stolen phones, and mechanical or electrical failure.  Yes, you can take your damaged phone into the apple store and get a replacement, but if you have no phone you're pretty much SOL.

AT&T guarantees a phone next day with a $199 deductible.

It's $6.99/mo.
GREAT call. I didn't get it yet, but will be. I just got mines, and it's a sexy beast. Coming from a Galaxy SII (great phone).

Whatever yall do don't get a Sprint iPhone. It's seriously not even worth the hassle.

NT bethren thank me later, Att.com/wireless/usps

Forgot to add, with the AT&T insurance, you're only allowed two replacements every twelve months from the date the insurance was added to the account.

It should go without saying but best to make everything transparent right now so the klutzes among us won't be surprised.

Last edited:
I went with the bestbuy insurance. They said it is a 2 day turnaround to get a new phone if they cant fix it.

I dont feel like insurance is needed. I can confirm that apple will service your phone even though you're out of warranty. You would only pay for out of warranty service which cost 199$ (iphone 4s) and 229$ (iphone 5). It's better than paying 6.99$ monthly. Trust.

Last edited:
I dont feel like insurance is needed. I can confirm that apple will service your phone even though you're not in warranty. They will replace your phone for 199$ without paying the 6.99$ a month.
happy.gif
This is true but they will not replace a lost or stolen phone.  

Besides those two factors, it is not worth it.

P.S. I never lose my phone, and i wont give anyone anything unless at gunpoint or with force.

Besides those two factors, it is not worth it.

P.S. I never lose my phone, and i wont give anyone anything unless at gunpoint or with force.
It may not be worth it for you but it is essential to some, especially me.  I like knowing that if my phone is ever lost or stolen - yes it does happen (I've had my prepaid joint stolen this year, so I know my new 5 will be like candy to some people) - I'll be covered and won't have to come out of pocket $650 for a new phone.

Last edited:
I dont feel like insurance is needed. I can confirm that apple will service your phone even though you're out of warranty. You would only pay for out of warranty service which cost 199$ (iphone 4s) and 229$ (iphone 5). It's better than paying 6.99$ monthly. Trust.

$6.99 x 24 months (because thats how long a lot of people have their phones for) .equals $167 and change.

I'd rather pay monthly for my insurance than a lump sum. Some require a deductible so it might not be worth it for those people.

$6.99 x 24 months (because thats how long a lot of people have their phones for) .equals $167 and change.
I'd rather pay monthly for my insurance than a lump sum. Some require a deductible so it might not be worth it for those people.

FALSE. You would end up paying 167$ + 199$ (to replace your phone). A total of 366$.

versus just being serviced out of warranty for 199-229$.

Last edited:
PLUS the $199 deductible. Does not sound like a great deal at all

Is the google maps app back yet? Or is it still crappy apple maps?

No, google maps is still not available on the iphone after the ios6 update. Unfortunately we are stuck with the "crappy" apple maps and whatever you can find in the app store.

Back
Top Bottom