Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

Phone still hasn't shipped from AT&T.
mean.gif
When did you order? I order at like 4pm on Sept. 14th. I received my phones last week, shipping on Oct. 2nd.

Anyone have any reviews on speeds/connectivity for Sprint?
I know the LTE isn't fully rolled out so I was just seeing if the 3g speeds were tolerable.
Thanks!
I have sprint and I DO NOT HAVE LTE. The guy said LTE will be available at the end of the year (I live in the Los Angeles Area). 3g is ok, its actually as good as my epic 4g when it was on 4g. When its on Wifi, its incredible. I cant wait till the LTE kicks in. I did not want to switch to Verizon or ATt just for LTE.

People made such a big deal over the maps. I don't look at the Maps app everyday or 3D images to analyze. As long as the navigation feature works well, then I'm good. I've been using it with no problems.
Maps app is great. I got to use to the turn by turn navigation yesterday and I loved it. I have yet to see any flaws from the IPHONE 5 and its apps.

A lot of apps do have negative feedback. People are saying how apps need to get supported by Iphone 5.. Other than that, its A O K.

Maps is ok for me. Just that I want real time traffic with calculations. It only gives me time without traffic.

how do i transfer my contacts from my droid to my 5? when i ordered it at the Verizon store, they guy just told me that they don't do it anymore, and i need to.

Here's how I did it with my EPIC 4g

OLD PHONE (Make sure its disconnected but still be able to use wifi)
-Go to contacts
-Hit menu
-hit Import/Export
-Hit Send namecard VIA
-SELECT ALL
-Send through email (or you can use blue tooth but I have not tried that)
-Enter your email address and send
-Once you send it, make sure you log out of email account

IPHONE 5
-Log on to the email you sent it too
-Download the V-card
-DONE

Right now my 4s is jailbroken on 5.1.1, I gotta restore and update to ios6 before i bring it in to my genius bar appt. I've been hearing that theres been problems going on with trying to update to ios6 from a jailbroken phone. Can I just update through my phone? Or do I do it through my mac? I'm on snow leopard if that matters... any help? Thanks guys

Right now my 4s is jailbroken on 5.1.1, I gotta restore and update to ios6 before i bring it in to my genius bar appt. I've been hearing that theres been problems going on with trying to update to ios6 from a jailbroken phone. Can I just update through my phone? Or do I do it through my mac? I'm on snow leopard if that matters... any help? Thanks guys

restore, then update. via computer would be best.

Thinking about using my wife upgrade to order the i5. She can use my early upgrade once she go back to work and rock my iPhone 4S until then.

Yeap I was referring to the 'other' orange category
It's cached data and it won't go away unless you do a restore. I've had up to 3.4gbs of cached "other" data. It seems to jump if you manually manage the music/pics instead of autosyncing the phone or don't let the sync process complete when you're connected to iTunes.
Yea that the general consensus I read online but Ive done restores before to no success in lowering it

how do i transfer my contacts from my droid to my 5? when i ordered it at the Verizon store, they guy just told me that they don't do it anymore, and i need to.
Verizon transfers them at stores. Just bring the iPhone 5 USB cord. The store transferred the numbers for me and a bunch of people. My old phone was a droid x

Been debating to make the upgrade from the 4 to 5.. Played with my friends 5 the other day.. and man this is a major let down.. Looks like I'll be waiting it out

Been debating to make the upgrade from the 4 to 5.. Played with my friends 5 the other day.. and man this is a major let down.. Looks like I'll be waiting it out
The 5 is def not a letdown, nor is it a phone that knocks you off your feet right away. I didn't think it was much of an upgrade from my 4s in the beginning either, but after using the 5 for a few days and looking back at my 4s, it makes it look at least 3 generations behind. What did you guys expect? Holographic screens?

The 5 is one of those things you have to have for a couple of day to appreciate .. I'm coming from a 4s to the 5 .... Took me a full day or 2 to realize how much better the 5 is... Very happy with the 5 :smokin

The 5 is one of those things you have to have for a couple of day to appreciate .. I'm coming from a 4s to the 5 .... Took me a full day or 2 to realize how much better the 5 is... Very happy with the 5 :smokin

What is it that you like so much about it?
I've played with my friends for a bit and I really don't like how it's taller and not wider, feels weird how light it is too.
Love the style of the back, but that's where it stops for me

Maps app is great. I got to use to the turn by turn navigation yesterday and I loved it. I have yet to see any flaws from the IPHONE 5 and its apps.
A lot of apps do have negative feedback. People are saying how apps need to get supported by Iphone 5.. Other than that, its A O K.
i was using my mom's and juxtaposed it against my 4s with the old maps and the old maps were able to find the church i was looking for that the new one couldn't.

Cracked my screen the other day, after the phone fell on its back. I was on the way to get a case too :smh:

I do have AppleCare+, so thankfully I'll be good on that end.

edit- Cracked from top left to left center.

Last edited:
Cracked my screen the other day, after the phone fell on its back. I was on the way to get a case too :smh:
I do have AppleCare+, so thankfully I'll be good on that end.

edit- Cracked from top left to left center.

OUCH :frown: thank god u signed up for AppleCare

The 5 is def not a letdown, nor is it a phone that knocks you off your feet right away. I didn't think it was much of an upgrade from my 4s in the beginning either, but after using the 5 for a few days and looking back at my 4s, it makes it look at least 3 generations behind. What did you guys expect? Holographic screens?
depends... i compare it to my 4s jb... outside of a .5 inch screen and lte it isnt much of a difference... the so called ios6 new editions have been prevelent in the jailbreak world as far back as the 3g iphone... plus it does it more seemly... yes the a6 is faster but with the shortcuts of jb it still basically does task etc.. in the same time length. basically the 5 operates faster but with the shortcuts in the 4s it basically gets task etc done in the same time frame.

even with the siri upgrades u still have more options with a jb 4s... as u can create ur own custom commands and responses. so all in all i do enjoy my 5... im really loving the boost in speed via lte and the larger screen, as far as overall functioning, options, multitasking, etc a jb really even a 4 is a far superior product then a stock iphone 5.

u can go back to jb if u have any saved shsh and if u d/l an older version of itunes and ios 5.1.1.... and if u do decide to update it is def better to update via itunes and also update itunes as well... really outside of lte and the screen with the update u will essentially have the same phone as the 5...

news is out by the jailbreak team that they have came up with a way to d/g to ios 5.1.1 on all iphones and from there u can untether jb.... also a new kid on the block is putting the finishing touches on ios 6 tethered jb for the 5 and 4s... it will be called teamra1n...

Back
Top Bottom