Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

u mad bruh?
i love apple and i all my electronics are apple but the ipad mini sucks especially at the price its being sold at right now
No. Just pointing some things out for the idiots who brought the Kindle into this thread. Pretty sure the title says iPhone 5.

Why don't you go get a job where spending an extra $130 on a tablet that actually functions as it should isn't a problem? I'm being generous with that $130 too. Like Kindle Fire or Nexus 7 are anywhere in the ball park (should I start with the 36% larger screen size?).

My iPad, iPhone and soon-to-be iMac will cost me this year around what my "super awesome" Vaio cost me when I went to college in 2005.

So because someone doesn't like the price that means they need a better job? WTF is wrong with people and their logic these days.

you act like they make video game systems every year
ps3 and 360 were more powerful than ps2 and xbox
that they dont... but why quit supporting a system... etc claiming that the tech is behind when you havent even used (fully) what the tech has to offer.. I remember i read something about ps3 only using like 30% of its capabilities.... So instead of comming out with a new system in a year... how bout seeing what the other 70% of the system is capable of.

All im saying that it is crazy that despite a larger screen... a slightly better camera, and (arguable about its importance) a new chipset... From the iphone4-5... There isnt anything the new one can do the old one cant do. Basically 3 yrs has past and nothing new.

I know ppl will say features etc...but the same features/tweaks etc... that are capable in the 5, are capable in the 4 and 4s. The chip and the camera are really the difference. And to be honest the chip really isnt that important because the old chipset wasnt used to its full capabilities, except for jailbreak tweaks.. and with that it is performs just as fast/efficient as the 5. And like i said really outside of lte/camera/screen size. Not much of a difference.

I mean yea i have the phone and its cool. But instead of making a so call "new product" every year. Why not use the capabilities of tthe current product? Im telling im almost certain there will be nothing the 5s can do that the 5 has the capabilities to do, just locked/blocked etc... Thats why i like jb. It lets you as a consumer, use your product, that you bought, and explore/use it to its full capabilities. Instead of basically going out in 13 months and buying virtually the same product you already have.

It be like buying a fully loaded car, but not able to use all your full options... and if so you could go to jail. Then the following year the same car maker puts out a car virtually the same car except some of the fully loaded options you already have in your current car, are now available.. and you can trade in your current car for the new onne for a much much lower price then what you paid for it a year ago.

I get why they do it, i just think as consumers... we should expect and demand more.. and as a company should offer more. And feel that if i pay for own something, i should use it anyway that i see fit, minus doing something that cause harm/detriment to others.

u mad bruh?
i love apple and i all my electronics are apple but the ipad mini sucks especially at the price its being sold at right now
No. Just pointing some things out for the idiots who brought the Kindle into this thread. Pretty sure the title says iPhone 5.

Why don't you go get a job where spending an extra $130 on a tablet that actually functions as it should isn't a problem? I'm being generous with that $130 too. Like Kindle Fire or Nexus 7 are anywhere in the ball park (should I start with the 36% larger screen size?).

My iPad, iPhone and soon-to-be iMac will cost me this year around what my "super awesome" Vaio cost me when I went to college in 2005.
So because someone doesn't like the price that means they need a better job? WTF is wrong with people and their logic these days.
Yea, I'm perplexed by his logic also.

You get what you pay for. $200 buys you a device with 26.7% less screen size, a giant bezel, apps not specifically designed for tablets, no ecosystem, poor technical support, slow touchscreen response time, plastic casing, a fragmented OS, ads (Kindle), etc. Need I go on?

You get what you pay for. $200 buys you a device with 26.7% less screen size, a giant bezel, apps not specifically designed for tablets, no ecosystem, poor technical support, slow touchscreen response time, plastic casing, a fragmented OS, ads (Kindle), etc. Need I go on?
I'm not disputing those facts.

My issue is taken with you saying, "get a better job to pay extra for a tablet".  Your salary should dictate which tablet you buy?

My issue is taken with you saying, "get a better job to pay extra for a tablet".  Your salary should dictate which tablet you buy?

His name is DaJoka004 please don't take him seriously. Pretend he is not there. Anyways back on topic. I ordered my white 16gb iphone5 on October 10th, and it still hasn't shipped yet what gives?

How much is a 32GB iPhone 5 unlocked from Verizon? Straight buy, no contract? Anybody?

you cant get it like that yet, 649 for the 16gb, 749 for the 32gb and 849 for the 64 will be the prices for unlocked devices

or get it for 299 on contract cancel it pay 350 getting it for 650

His name is DaJoka004 please don't take him seriously. Pretend he is not there. Anyways back on topic. I ordered my white 16gb iphone5 on October 10th, and it still hasn't shipped yet what gives?
My user name that I took from someone else back in 2003 dictates whether or not you should listen to me?

As for your question, ship time has been 3-4 weeks since launch. October 10 + 3-4 weeks = October 31 - November 7.

When you're letting at most $130 dictate what tablet you're buying, yeah, you need a new job. Or a job. Let's not pretend that NT isn't full of children who don't work.

I`m going to say this one more time, have any of you used the Kindle Fire HD? Joint is terrible.
my youngest daughter has one for school... it isnt thaaaaaaaaaat bad, but she does get on me constantly about how the other kids have a ipad and how she like mines better. I didnt do much with it other then set it up etc... and pt the stuff the school told us to place on it. So i really cant make a full assesment.

It's been 2 months already . Anyone else annoyed some apps aren't up to date yet?

What's the point of this big screen if you still get the smaller screen apps?

my youngest daughter has one for school... it isnt thaaaaaaaaaat bad, but she does get on me constantly about how the other kids have a ipad and how she like mines better. I didnt do much with it other then set it up etc... and pt the stuff the school told us to place on it. So i really cant make a full assesment.

lol brah joint was so trash when I played with iit in the store. Thought I didnt know how to use it but it simply wasnt responsive. Should have gotten her that 8gb Nexus 7 brah. lol its cool though shes blessed to have something. I tell cats all the time yall getting wet over specs that dont have ANYTHING out to FULLY utilize them only for that same device to be "outdated" in a year.

MOST of the apps i use are updated already, except ebay,coininflation, and chase and i hardly use those apps

i had a original kindle fire, it was cool worth the 199.99 imo

if this ipad mini was retina then it would be worth it imo, no need for it tho or the ipad my iphone is just as speedy or speedier than both

Last edited:
lol brah joint was so trash when I played with iit in the store. Thought I didnt know how to use it but it simply wasnt responsive. Should have gotten her that 8gb Nexus 7 brah. lol its cool though shes blessed to have something. I tell cats all the time yall getting wet over specs that dont have ANYTHING out to FULLY utilize them only for that same device to be "outdated" in a year.
i mostly went with ok its cheap saw a deal online plus factored in she is just a kid 8y/o... so i rally didnt see anything to really justify buying a ipad... plus.. i wasnt expecting all the kids would...well majority of them parents would be getting there kids a ipad.. there are a few who dont have it and have the kindle, um something else, and then this one thing that kinda looks like something made by leapfrog ah something iuno maybe it was

It's been 2 months already . Anyone else annoyed some apps aren't up to date yet?
What's the point of this big screen if you still get the smaller screen apps?
I'm pissed. Amex, Fidelity, ESPN, Starbucks, Citi... No excuses. Those should be updated by now.

6.0.1 update is out

This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:

- Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air
- Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard
- Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off
- Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks
- Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances
- Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match
- Fixes a Passcode Lock bug which sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen
- Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings

connect to itunes to update or download an updater app

my mom and her husband just ordered iphone 5s. they came today. the dude is telling me hes gonna report it stolen. ups left the packages in front of our door. someone could have stolen it. but anyways hes thinking about reporting it stolen so he can get 2 more sent in.

that happened to my friend. back when the iphone 4 came out. but his really did get stolen, but my someone in our building and att sent him a new one.

i want an iphone 5, i have a 4 and it sucks pelotas. but hes comtemplating on calling and saying it was stolen. as long as the phones arent turned on they have no way of finding out. if 2 more iphones do come in then what would we do about the 2 extra ones? if they get turned on then they can track it and say its here in your building. we can say that someone in the building probably stole it or something

In theory, they don't mark what serial numbers are sent out I don't think, but who knows. You could always sell them on craigslist and then
buy a new one...

Now.. I wonder if they will drop off my iPad Mini at my front door......

Back
Top Bottom