Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

So iOS6 is officially releasing the day that iPhone 5 comes out? Or can we get it sooner?
(sorry if posted already I am at work)

September 19th

If you are with Verizon and have an unlimited data plan, I wonder if you're grandfathered in with the unlimited when you upgrade to Iphone 5. Anyone know?

Nope you will not be grandfathered over since they changed their plans. You would have to buy the phone at full price in order to keep it which sucks. Glad AT&T hasn't went that route.

no phone is worth paying full price when it's only going to last 2 years . . .

No Verizon did away with the unlimited data plan on Upgrades the only way to keep the Unlimited is to buy the phone outright for $800

What if i buy an iPhone with my brother's plan and let him use my iphone 4 and i use the iphone 5, will i still be able to keep my unlimited data for 30 dollars/month?

^
Question. I have a 4. Is it possible to get a brand-new 4S without starting another contract?
I'm on AT&T & just finished my last 2 year term. I enjoy the freedom.
laugh.gif

PO
This. 

In the same boat...

All I need to know is when the unlocked joint will be available and I'm copping.

The blacked out look is DEAD SEXY. Must have it.

What if i buy an iPhone with my brother's plan and let him use my iphone 4 and i use the iphone 5, will i still be able to keep my unlimited data for 30 dollars/month?

You're still paying retail since there's no more unlimited plan and if he renews the contract he loses his plan.

I want a cot damn curved back. That's all I ask.

I am keeping my 4s. Wifey already hollering about how she wants the 5, even though her 4 is perfectly fine. :smh:

nice upgrade from the 4 to the 5 for me gonna cop the 64gb on verizon when my money lookin right 

No Verizon did away with the unlimited data plan on Upgrades the only way to keep the Unlimited is to buy the phone outright for $800
Unless you have a basic phone on your account. You can upgrade the basic phone and do a hardware swap between the two devices. That's the one alternate path I've come across with helping customers so they won't lose their unlimited data plan. I also work at bbym

Is there anything iOS 6 can do that the 4S can't besides the physical hardware limitations? 

I was reading and I can't find anything.

Anyone know if the early upgrade program is present like the 4

the week of the 21st will be 
pimp.gif
, Cruel Summer, and Iphone 5

Is there anything iOS 6 can do that the 4S can't besides the physical hardware limitations? 

I was reading and I can't find anything.

I don't think so as of yet. Not with this initial iOS 6 update. The 4S is powerful enough to handle it.

Now a year from now when they drop iOS 6.8 or something? Maybe

is it true that I will have to leave my grandfathered 3G unlimited data plan to get the new iphone since it uses 4glte??
I have ATT.

Nokia is the new apple. Their launch had way more innovative things than this ****. I liked my iphone but i'm probably going to Nokia or Samsung.

is it true that I will have to leave my grandfathered 3G unlimited data plan to get the new iphone since it uses 4glte??
I have ATT.
When I copped my GS3 I was grandfathered in with my unlimited plan and it's a 4g phone.. I don't see why it would be any different with the iPhone.. if it is, that's so dummmmb

Does anyone know when verizon will have the pre orders on the 14th as well? I'm eligible for a full upgrade and I get 30 buck soff the asking 2 year price. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom