Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

How fast do iphones pre orders usually sell out? I'm so happy to be done with android. My windows phones from 2005the were more reliable than android

everyone just has to cue their expectations.

what is microsoft doing that is so innovative? they are the ones trying to catch up. so we're going to give them credit for designing a new UI, only years after realizing the old windows won't work anymore. they are trying to build an ecosystem but they have so many departments its incredibly difficult for them to get all of their branding on point.

google is doing the right things, but they're not quite the same as apple. the android business model isn't the same as apples. people are always quick to say 'WELL MY PHONE DID THIS MONTHS AGO!!" and honestly, thats cool but it doesn't really matter. its never about being first. android is on hundreds, or thousands of devices. the experience is different on each, and thats up to samsung, or htc, or whoever. its a completely different experience and not really comparable.

apple already has built an ecosystem that works. their UI works. people are saying iOS is tired, but why is it tired? what is it not doing that doesn't work for you anymore? you solve existing issues. they won't spend time redesigning something just for the sake of it. they won't release something until its capable of being released mainstream (4g, siri). none of us know what apple can do to be 'more innovative' but we all want it to happen, and that seems unfair. there are also complaints about customization, but honestly, that is more of a preference and a nice to have, not an essential to a device.

IMO, there is no one phone that is vastly superior to another. at this point, they're all very similar and the unique features end up appearing on other phones at some point. the additional features are not game changers, either. specs at the end of the day, also do not matter.

Well, they could've put features in the phone that should have already been in there.

Them not including NFC at all in the phone just totally swayed me from copping.

I also hate the fact that they removed google maps and youtube.
mean.gif

-Drew
Google maps and youtube...
mean.gif
youtube app was trash, how do you guys not understand that. worst app ever

SRS
dat apple kool-aid must taste real good b.

Pretty sure ill get the 5. been using the 4 for awhile now.

Iphone just has the greatest keyboard ever

And it's a damn shame. :smh:
-Drew

me personally I`m kinda straight on putting my payment info on my phone, just for the fact if it gets stolen (even though a debit card can get jacked)

I do think it would be cool at like the movies you just go and tap your phone and it spits out a ticket, but like I stated USA aint where it should be for NFC, so no NFC isnt that big of a deal. But heck I`m copping the iphone 5s and 6, etc so what does it matter.

You guys preordering or going in store?

^As far as i know google wallet requires a pin to be entered before any transactions can be made so if your phone gets stolen or lost no one can do anything with it anyways.

Probably going to stick with my 4S until a newer version drops. I just don't see enough new features aside from to persuade me in upgrading to the 5. I'm sure iOS6 will suffice until the 5S/6 drops.

So they straight up removed google maps and the youtube app? and replaced them with what? google maps alone is huge (granted other apps can do the same job)

And it's a damn shame.
mean.gif

-Drew

me personally I`m kinda straight on putting my payment info on my phone, just for the fact if it gets stolen (even though a debit card can get jacked)

I do think it would be cool at like the movies you just go and tap your phone and it spits out a ticket, but like I stated USA aint where it should be for NFC, so no NFC isnt that big of a deal. But heck I`m copping the iphone 5s and 6, etc so what does it matter.

You guys preordering or going in store?
NFC requires tons of battery life.

many reviews for the SGIII noted this as well.

Apple likes to maximize battery technology so until either we have a revolution in battery tech OR apple can ensure that a niche feature like NFC won't kill battery usability, then it'll just be something that apple will get to later.

Don't forget. Apple could have had LTE during the last go around but we're overlooking how Android phones struggled to maintain decent battery life during the first generation of LTE devices.

Apple likes to market its products based on usability so if that is in any way hampered by a niche function that doesn't guarantee a major return, then that harms their ability to really knock things out of the park by being really conservative.

If nothing else apple kinda benefits by seeing who else has failed and who has succeeded and then maximizing the posibilites in that area. 

Apple likes to maximize battery technology so until either we have a revolution in battery tech OR apple can ensure that a niche feature like NFC won't kill battery usability, then it'll just be something that apple will get to later.

Don't forget. Apple could have had LTE during the last go around but we're overlooking how Android phones struggled to maintain decent battery life during the first generation of LTE devices.

Apple likes to market its products based on usability so if that is in any way hampered by a niche function that doesn't guarantee a major return, then that harms their ability to really knock things out of the park by being really conservative.

If nothing else apple kinda benefits by seeing who else has failed and who has succeeded and then maximizing the posibilites in that area. 

My boy's GS3 battery always lasts longer than our buddy's 4S battery. Even when the fool is showing off using his Google wallet. :lol:

-Drew

My boy's GS3 battery always lasts longer than our buddy's 4S battery. Even when the fool is showing off using his Google wallet.
laugh.gif

-Drew
Nice anecdote. 
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom