Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

Was holding out to see what Apple has to offer, but I think i'm gonna stay with Android (Nexus line). This is an upgrade if you have a 3GS or 4 but nothing to make me jump ship.

My thoughts exactly.

If you're heavily invested in the Apple ecosystem, I can see how it makes sense to continue along the lines of Apple products.

However, I was not impressed with the features, as nothing was truly shown that was new or original. IMO, I don't include headphones or this dock connector as new because they don't change the way you do something. You still gotta plug in a damn cord! I still believe it is a lovely piece of hardware and the screen on it is incredible (possibly second now though with the Lumia 920). I just don't see why anybody who already has a smartphone (non-Apple) should jump ship.

Apple was playing catch-up with this one, that's for sure. Not the Apple we remember back in the day. I know I was extremely excited when the original iPhone came out. It was an incredible piece of hardware and software at the time. The iPhone 4 was their last, game-changing phone in 2010 and in the tech world, that's another lifetime.

My thoughts exactly.
If you're heavily invested in the Apple ecosystem, I can see how it makes sense to continue along the lines of Apple products.
However, I was not impressed with the features, as nothing was truly shown that was new or original. IMO, I don't include headphones or this dock connector as new because they don't change the way you do something. You still gotta plug in a damn cord! I still believe it is a lovely piece of hardware and the screen on it is incredible (possibly second now though with the Lumia 920). I just don't see why anybody who already has a smartphone (non-Apple) should jump ship.
Apple was playing catch-up with this one, that's for sure. Not the Apple we remember back in the day. I know I was extremely excited when the original iPhone came out. It was an incredible piece of hardware and software at the time. The iPhone 4 was their last, game-changing phone in 2010 and in the tech world, that's another lifetime.

my words exactly

god of course the original iphone was great, what else was there some clunky blackberries, moto razrs and nokias that played snake

Okay i have an old 3GS thats pretty beat up(screen cracked, vibrate doesnt work), and my boy said that i could take it to an Apple store and have it replaced with a 4, any truth to this? I dont want to walk in the store and look stupid.

Okay i have an old 3GS thats pretty beat up(screen cracked, vibrate doesnt work), and my boy said that i could take it to an Apple store and have it replaced with a 4, any truth to this? I dont want to walk in the store and look stupid.

Your boy is wrong. 3gs is an old phone, unless you have applecare and you don't know it they won't replace it. Unless you run into someone thats feeling extremely generous or something 99% chance you won't get a thing from them.

Why all the apple hate? If you don't like it ****, not that serious. I will be buying the new phone with the money I get selling the one I got now :smokin

Last edited:
I wish the new connector supported USB 3 though. 
mean.gif

Why all the apple hate? If you don't like it ****, not that serious. I will be buying the new phone with the money I get selling the one I got now :smokin
This, don't know how people don't understand this. I do this with every iphone. Sell it, get the newest version and still have money left over.

Your boy is wrong. 3gs is an old phone, unless you have applecare and you don't know it they won't replace it. Unless you run into someone thats feeling extremely generous or something 99% chance you won't get a thing from them.

I figured. He told me his cousin was able to do it. He went to the apple store and told them something was wrong with his phone and they replaced it with a 4. Sounded like bull to me but you never know.

i am pleased with this release.

all i wanted was a larger screen size, which really should have been changed with the 3GS or 4.

been running iOS 6 for a couple months now, so I know what to expect there.

how is the LTE for AT&T in Southern California areas such as Hawthorne and Long Beach? Do they have maps of their California coverage?

The iPod Touches are nice, Mom is due for a new one. I plan on copping her one.

what really sucks is for those with unlimited data on verizon will have to buy the phone outright for 750 if you want to keep unlimited data or lose unlimited data and you can get the phone for 299.....32GB

what really sucks is for those with unlimited data on verizon will have to buy the phone outright for 750 if you want to keep unlimited data or lose unlimited data and you can get the phone for 299.....32GB

WHAAT?!?!

MAAAN **** VERIZON. :smh:>:

The new Iphone5 has a new docking port.
That means all those radios and and speaker combos and charging ports for the older versions are thrown out the window.
Stuff that came out last year is obsolete.
$29 adapter. Gosh, no longer obsolete, huh?

I don't care who had what first. I care who does it the best and has the smoothest system for me to use. 

Apple does that for me. When they stop doing that, i'll leave. Its pretty simple.

Keep all the stat lines and data lists to yourselves. Knowing how much RAM something has or what the processor speed is doesn't mean anything when you're using something on the day to day basis and cant be bothered with something that doesn't meet your needs. 
Amen. I'm about to start a hassle free tech life come the 21st. All my electronic work and play on every device I own without me needing to do anything. Oh it is going to be sweet.

I always thought that the white iphone looked nicer than the black version...but that new black version.

I always thought that the white iphone looked nicer than the black version...but that new black version.

man who you telling.... I think its the Bezel that does it. Idk Im prob still going to get white. Im praying Mophie makes a slim and sleek Juice Pack case for this. Im excited to see all the acessories that are dropping for this mane, but I kind of want to rock it naked.

I don't care who had what first. I care who does it the best and has the smoothest system for me to use. 

Apple does that for me. When they stop doing that, i'll leave. Its pretty simple.

Keep all the stat lines and data lists to yourselves. Knowing how much RAM something has or what the processor speed is doesn't mean anything when you're using something on the day to day basis and cant be bothered with something that doesn't meet your needs. 
Amen. I'm about to start a hassle free tech life come the 21st. All my electronic work and play on every device I own without me needing to do anything. Oh it is going to be sweet.
Thing is...I won't even say Apple has it all figured out.

That Kies Air is pretty dope and so are features like...FM tuners (
laugh.gif
) and not having to use itunes to access the file system. I dig that.

But all in all, you're either going to enjoy the apple ecosystem or you aren't.

Not everyone has time to root their phones and learn how to mod their phones. No one I know with an android does anything besides change the background. 

If you feel the need to overclock your CPU, you're not speaking very highly of the device you purchased. Knowing HOW to do it is different from feel like you need to do it. 

Yeah. Apple still has rows of icons. Windows has lines of beautiful text. Android has...whatever the hardware manufacturer puts on there. Whatever.

Give me Apple's hardware and UI, Window's infrastructure and UX, and Androids cloud integration and you'd have a beautiful device. 

Back
Top Bottom