Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

You guys think it's a good idea to buy the iPhone 5 from cricket, cut off their service, then put it under my contract on Sprint to save some money to avoid paying $650 ($720-730). And will Cricket make it so it's extremely hard to unlock it and will Sprint prevent me from activating it?

Last edited:

You guys think it's a good idea to buy the iPhone 5 from cricket, cut off their service, then put it under my contract on Sprint to save some money to avoid paying $650 ($720-730). And will Cricket make it so it's extremely hard to lock it and Sprint to activate?

Isn't cricket GSM?

yup this is true.

apple doesnt just sell the phone, they sell an image, they can repackage the same damn phone and add something as ******ed as siri and people will cream their panties over it, despite the fact that steve jobs hated Siri (and screens larger than 3.5" which he thought was the perfect screen size) and associate their phone with luxury and quality and a bunch of other crap. that'ts why u had all these cornballs getting mad when instagram got on android saying instagram was going to be "ghetto" as if owning an iphone makes u a 1%'er or something
I reminder back the first Iphone came out. 

Techies wanted it because of the capabilities.

But the masses wanted it because Paris and other celebs had them, and it meant you had financial status. 

I was told they where like $700 a pop even with a new plan and not covered by insurance.  Which I took as if it breaks you have to drop another $700

Yeah, but where you guys get things twisted is you put all of your faith and pride in specs and forget that specs are indeed not everything.
User experience goes so much further than specs do.
Theres more to being tech savvy than just knowing specs. And thats another thing some people don't get.
Just like there's more to being a car enthusiast than just knowing engines.
Any person with a laptop and the internet can know "specs" just like an kid with an Import Tuner subscription could know engines.
You can't sell specs. The average consumer isn't going to rush into thing blindly and pay $200-$300 on some **** they don't understand.
Its the "tech savvy" (or truly lack there of) dudes who will. They'll spend the money first then learn later. Then a new handset will drop and they do it all over again.
Because lets be honest, who the hell really uses all of the **** they hype up about a phone after they actually buy it?
Like of all the dudes who brag about specs, who really takes full advantage?
**** reminds me of the guys who build monster desktop gaming rigs just to play World of Warcraft...
Which cats who brag about theming actually know how to make themes? Or do you just brag about it because you can?
Who takes full advantage of 1gb of ram on a phone? Like, who runs any app that requires it outside of the OS?
I'll tell you who... The 20% of people who buy them...
That same small percentage of people who can be matched by the iPhones 20% of jailbreakers.
The same guys on one end bragging about specs (android) are matched by the same sized group on the other end (apple) who brag about user experience.
And if specs matter SO MUCH let me as you guys this, why is it that even after two years the iPhone 4 is still on sale and is still considered one of the best phones to have by regular consumer standards?
Why don't all of these "specs" keep Android phones relevant after a year?
Because User Experience matters.
You don't have to throw a bunch of **** in a phone for it to be a good phone.
But for some reason so many people think you need to.
i never argued for specs, :kanye shrug:

and im switching to iphone5 from a gs2 skyrocket :smile:

You guys think it's a good idea to buy the iPhone 5 from cricket, cut off their service, then put it under my contract on Sprint to save some money to avoid paying $650 ($720-730). And will Cricket make it so it's extremely hard to lock it and Sprint to activate?

Isn't cricket GSM?

cdma
and i cant imagine it being easy to get a cricket iphone to work on sprint

Last edited:
i never argued for specs, :kanye shrug:
and im switching to iphone5 from a gs2 skyrocket :smile:

I wasn't coming at you about it (my bad if it seemed that way), I was just using your quote as a stepping stone for that rant I guess.

I feel like people should be free to buy whatever the hell they want.

If someone doesn't like a product, fine. Thats cool.
But to bash a product and call its consumers "sheep" is a completely different thing. And thats something Android users do. Granted, not all of them do it because alot of my friends use Android and they don't give 2 ***** that I have an iPhone.

But it just seems like on here, on tech blogs, on youtube, and everywhere else online dudes feel like they have to prove something just because they have an Android phone.
And thats what ruins threads for the people who want to stay on topic.

I've been in the Android thread under a handfull of times, and even then I don't say **** about Android, why? Because I don't use it. I go sometimes to see what new stuff is dropping because maybe one day I might buy an Android phone, or maybe a tablet, who knows.

But its like, dudes come into Apple threads talking that spec and customization **** lowkey trying to downplay iOS and brag about some **** that doesn't truly matter :lol:

Because honestly, as a coder and developer... I can make my iPhone look just like a damn android phone... Possibly better.

You want customization? I got you guys :pimp:

foto9q.png

You want widgets? Hol' up brah brah

foto10y.png

1568ro9.png

playing_with_perpagehtml_by_nevvjeff-d5c95qx.png

sarcina_by_lolcakelazors-d589g4u.png

Android being more customizable than iOS has been debunked.

Now, on another note. I can't wait for the iOS6 jailbreak. I don't like running bone stock for too long.

cdma
and i cant imagine it being easy to get a cricket iphone to work on sprint

Ah ok. I never used cricket so I had no idea.

Last edited:
You have to jailbreak it to customize it like that right?

Just like people were saying not a lot of people care about rooting their androids I'm not sure not a lot of peoplegive two dambs aabout jailbreaking their iphones either..

With that being said Androids you can do all that customization without rooting it.

If you can do that without jailbreaking the iphone.. Then that's cool them ss look nice

Last edited:
did any of the previous white iPhones go yellow? I'm wondering if the white iPhone 5 will also go yellow over time?

black is nice, but you can easily see smudges and dust . . .

I wasn't coming at you about it (my bad if it seemed that way), I was just using your quote as a stepping stone for that rant I guess.
But to bash a product and call its consumers "sheep" is a completely different thing. And thats something Android users do. Granted, not all of them do it because alot of my friends use Android and they don't give 2 ***** that I have an iPhone.
But it just seems like on here, on tech blogs, on youtube, and everywhere else online dudes feel like they have to prove something just because they have an Android phone.
I've been in the Android thread under a handfull of times, and even then I don't say **** about Android, why? Because I don't use it. I go sometimes to see what new stuff is dropping because maybe one day I might buy an Android phone, or maybe a tablet, who knows.
But its like, dudes come into Apple threads talking that spec and customization **** lowkey trying to downplay iOS and brag about some **** that doesn't truly matter :lol:
Because honestly, as a coder and developer... I can make my iPhone look just like a damn android phone... Possibly better.
You want customization? I got you guys :pimp:
foto9q.png

foto10y.png

1568ro9.png

Now, on another note. I can't wait for the iOS6 jailbreak. I don't like running bone stock for too long.

I agree with everything you said, no one should be beefing. We as the consumers are the ones who benefit in the end right? no need to puff your chests out or call people "sheep" because we choose one thing over the other.

And great themes on your phone by the way, here's what mine looks like (I can make it look like an Android too :tongue:)

iPhone screenshot Sept 2012 by The Allure, on Flickr

iphone 5 or lumia 920

The new pin set up is really kinda bothersome since i have had 3 iphones now(1, 3gs,4s) with the same pin connector. So i might as well buy a whole new phone if i have to update all of my adapters anyway.

I just don't know if i trust a jailbreak to happen on ios6 on iphone 5 anytime soon. But i also don't know if windows 8 will be a good ecosystem. I know my next laptop will be a PC, it will have win8 and if my phone has win8 im assuming they will world perfectly and i can finally ditch itunes which i hate with a passion.

did any of the previous white iPhones go yellow? I'm wondering if the white iPhone 5 will also go yellow over time?
black is nice, but you can easily see smudges and dust . . .

don't know if its the same with the phone but my white iPad is crystal clear to this day, but i'm getting the black phone cuz the back of it looks better to me

You have to jailbreak it to customize it like that right?
Just like people were saying not a lot of people care about rooting their androids I'm not sure not a lot of peoplegive two dambs aabout jailbreaking their iphones either..
With that being said Androids you can do all that customization without rooting it.
If you can do that without jailbreaking the iphone.. Then that's cool them ss look nice

That is indeed true, you can theme Android phones without rooting and the only way to theme your iPhone (the easiest way) is to jailbreak it.

In that case, Android's got it.

And also, you're right when you say a lot of people don't care about jailbreaking.
But those same people who don't care about jailbreaking also don't care about theming.

I'm right there with you man.

I don't know...I looked at the Lumia and the SGIII and honestly... I just can't rock with them.

Windows Mobile has a cool UI or whatever though. 

I just like the simplicity of iOS. You all can say its stale or whatever but honestly I don't want misshapen widgets and ugly little icons and all that.

That just screams tacky to me.

Apple's OS might be conservative, but its use of apps mitigates its experience and how people interact with the UI. 

Apple's simplicity just appeals to me. Android seems tacky and Windows Media seems interesting but that home window just seems kinda odd. 

Amazing how they can draw up so much hype over features that have been out and existed on other phones for well over a yr. 4g and a 4 inch screen? Yawn. And is Sprint going to charge users a $20 surcharge now? They charge $10 if you have a 4S for "premium data" then there's the $10 for 4g.

lol@ misshapen widgets. its 2012 not 2008 with the G1. android's changed more than ios has since its inception. 

when google stops sitting aorund playing with their dcks and starts to take control of making legit nexus handsets now that they own motorola >>>>

til then theres still gona be a lot of variation in quality with android handsets. especially samsung which is crap

Learned this in one of my Principals classes.
Design with a consumer mindset not an engineering one, that's why companies like Pioneer aren't doing to great.
There will always be that niche market of consumers who care about specs and what not but the main consumers do not care at all. As long as it works and shiny they want it, no company is touching Apple when it comes to marketing. They can sell anything since like 2008 or whenever the first iphone came out, probably even before that.

Pioneer made the best TV's (Plasma) ever, sad they stopped making them cause people just wanted cheap flat screens not quality ones.

But its like, dudes come into Apple threads talking that spec and customization **** lowkey trying to downplay iOS and brag about some **** that doesn't truly matter
laugh.gif

You want customization? I got you guys
pimp.gif

foto9q.png

foto10y.png

1568ro9.png

ur a coder and developer... which is what u have to be to make an iphone look like this. my 9 year old cousin can make an android phone look like this in 20 min without rooting.

ur a coder and developer... which is what u have to be to make an iphone look like this. my 9 year old cousin can make an android phone look like this in 20 min without rooting.

Go on youtube. There are 9 year olds who do this...
The point i'm trying to make here is, you can do the same **** on both platforms.

Last edited:
Pioneer made the best TV's (Plasma) ever, sad they stopped making them cause people just wanted cheap flat screens not quality ones.

People want quality. They also want cheap. It's up to the company how to find the right balance in marketing it.

You realize that Apple products aren't exactly cheap, right? But consumers believe they are the easiest to use, or the best. It didn't just magically happen that way. It's been years and years of campaigns paying off. You'll see hundreds of threads even here about Macbooks and how they are technologically inferior specs wise to PC's or so for the same price, but that doesn't matter.

People would have paid for Pioneer sets if they knew they were the best and adequately priced.

those kids aren't the norm though lol. theres youtube vids of dogs doing crazy tricks, doesnt mean all dogs can do it.

not even up for debate on what os is easier to customize. out the box u can customize an android phone whichever way u want. u go up to 100 people with iphones i doubt theres 1 with a phone that looks like those screen shots. 

edit: PS- anyone gona tell me the screenshots this dude Prime posted arent sick and dont look better than the same 3 rows of app tiles? give me a break

ima be lookin to recreate this when i get my iphone5 soon 

Last edited:
will I lose my grandfather plan if I upgrade to the iPhone 5? (on AT&T)
No, I walked into a AT&T store yesterday and asked them the same question. They told me I will have 5GB before being throttled. Not sure how I feel about that since I'm suppose to have unlimited data. Now after 5GB AT&T will slow me down? Kind of sucks for people that use more than 5GB, and with LTE 4G, I'm sure more people will surf the net now due to higher speeds being offered. 

those kids aren't the norm though lol. theres youtube vids of dogs doing crazy tricks, doesnt mean all dogs can do it.

not even up for debate on what os is easier to customize. out the box u can customize an android phone whichever way u want. u go up to 100 people with iphones i doubt theres 1 with a phone that looks like those screen shots. 

edit: PS- anyone gona tell me the screenshots this dude Prime posted arent sick and dont look better than the same 3 rows of app tiles? give me a break
ima be lookin to recreate this when i get my iphone5 soon 

Well yeah, its a select group of kids thats true.
But the people who theme their phones period are a select group of people as well.

And yeah, Android does let you customize right out of the box, and thats where I do indeed give them credit. Its a great capability, but not really something that makes or breaks a phone. Because its not really that important.

Back
Top Bottom