Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

Those of you in CA - are you guys getting hit with tax on the gross amount for the phones (i.e. $699)?

I ordered around 7am yesterday morning. I paid with my debit card and it hasn't even been charged yet or show up as a transaction :smh:. I hope I still get my phone on Friday.

on gizmodo, they say some people that were told they would have a longer wait were misinformed CHECK YOUR EMAIL IF YOU PRE ORDERED VIA APPLE

servicw wise probably but ive heard nothing but good things about the 3g/4g

T-mobile is on the death bed
With Apple not allowing the Iphone on T-mobile again it just nailed a deeper nail in their coffin
T-mobile has shady sales pitches
Unlimeted 4g..........until you pass 2GB of data then it throttles down slower than 3g speeds
I give them 2-3 years before they officially bite the bullet

Just reserved a 16gb black at Walmart. I'm 5th on the list for AT&T carrier. They will call people in order to pick up. They don't know how many they're getting but I think I have a chance to get it on Friday.

Just reserved a 16gb black at Walmart. I'm 5th on the list for AT&T carrier. They will call people in order to pick up. They don't know how many they're getting but I think I have a chance to get it on Friday.

Called my local WMs and they had no idea what I was talking about. I could have used that $10 off but whatever.

Last edited:
Did you talk to the mobile phones department? I called and got transferred to mobile phone and asked before I went to the store.

servicw wise probably but ive heard nothing but good things about the 3g/4g

With Apple not allowing the Iphone on T-mobile again it just nailed a deeper nail in their coffin
Unlimeted 4g..........until you pass 2GB of data then it throttles down slower than 3g speeds

Not sure I'd say that Apple didn't allow them to carry the iPhone....what kind of business sense does that make? Please believe that if someone has the cash, Apple will play ball.

T-Mobile probably didn't think putting up the huge upfront investment just to carry the iPhone would be a good idea. What did it cost Sprint? 13 billion? There's no guarantee that they'll even recoup that money. And when they do, it could already be too late for them, according to some industry folks. Personally, I think what T-Mobile is doing is smart. Take "free" money from the failed AT&T deal and build out your network to support the iPhone and a grip of other international phones. And pay less than you would've had to in order to officially carry the iPhone.

The only real questions are when will the spectrum refarm be done, and how good will the coverage be. And as far as shady sales pitches, don't they all do this? In this day and age, if you get duped into signing a contract without understanding the terms, that's on you.

lol.. you have no idea what your talking about...
PSA: T-Mobile's we-really-mean-it unlimited data plans go live
By Jon Fingas posted Sep 5th 2012 7:34PM

PSA TMobile's wereallymeanit unlimited data plans go live today

T-Mobile confirmed rumors of true unlimited data plans almost as soon as they emerged, which left a surprisingly long gap between the announcement and real availability. Consider that gap closed -- as promised, the Unlimited Nationwide 4G Data plans are ready for action. Those who don't need hotspot support on a smartphone can add $20 to a Value voice plan or $30 on a Classic plan to get throttle-free, uncapped data. For real. While we'd ideally see a best-of-both-worlds scenario with hotspots and unfettered speeds together in one plan, it's hard to object to a second major US carrier defending unlimited data in an era where we're regularly getting less for the money. Can we have a few more providers onboard, please?
http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/05/psa-t-mobile-unlimited-data-plans-go-live/

a dude I know that worked at Tmobile with me back in the day has an iPhone 4s he uses on Tmobile and in ATL it looks like the 3g works now.

a dude I know that worked at Tmobile with me back in the day has an iPhone 4s he uses on Tmobile and in ATL it looks like the 3g works now.

yea some areas just started working, most of the country should be able to use the iphone on 3G/4 by the end of the year.

Tmobile dead? why would tmobile PAY to get the iphone when they easily already have more than a million iphones on its network without even pushing or sell them :lol:

the next entire year will make or break tmobile, i expect them to get the next iphone once they see how they can handle all the iphone users and all the data usage since they offer the best unlimited plan period.

Tmobile dead? why would tmobile PAY to get the iphone when they easily already have more than a million iphones on its network without even pushing or sell them :lol:
the next entire year will make or break tmobile, i expect them to get the next iphone once they see how they can handle all the iphone users and all the data usage since they offer the best unlimited plan period.

Tmobile and Sprint are going to go get bought out in the next 5-7 yrs. VZW drops 6 billion a yr on tower maintence, lol them fellas stand no chance, heck only reason ATT got as many customers as they do is because they had Landline on lock in the south like VZW had it on lock up north

Tmobile and Sprint are going to go get bought out in the next 5-7 yrs. VZW drops 6 billion a yr on tower maintence, lol them fellas stand no chance, heck only reason ATT got as many customers as they do is because they had Landline on lock in the south like VZW had it on lock up north

Verizon and Tmobile just set up a new deal to share towers...

:x damn 6 bill

it has nothing to do with the iphone?

As much as I like T-Mobile, the truth is that they will be bought out eventually. Deutsche Telekom wants out of T-Mobile USA, as noted by the failed AT&T deal and the pretty consistent merger/acquisition rumors. Given the right price, I have no doubt that DT will offload TMO USA with no dambs given.

And while I think the spectrum refarm is a great idea, I don't see it as DT saying that they're in it for the long haul. I see it as a way to make their company more appealing to potential buyers, as well as obviously trying to increase revenue now while they're still in the game.

no they didnt. VZW sold Tmobile some spectrum it accquired from the Cable companies, pretty much throwaway spectrum.

lol yall going to learn All LTE isnt created equally come about 2014, especially once VZW turns on that VoLTE and companies cant rely on their old 2g networks for voice. Lol Without putting out confidential info I seen the coverage maps for 2014 for all ATT and VZW VZW got the game in a strangle hold.

Like seriously ATT know they cant compete with LTE thats why they put emphasis on their HSPA+

I like a Direct TV or some forgien company to buy out Sprint or Tmobile.

And YoungTriz ATT been at the top well before their iPhone move, the only reason ATT did the iPhone thing is because VZW surpassed them as the num 1 carrier, Apple initially wanted VZW to be to sole provider of the iPhone but VZW wasnt trying to risk their network, and we all see what happend to ATT as a result.

i still have my last Verizon "New Every Two credit" (my current smartphone is 3 years old) up for grabs, but i'm going back and forth with Verizon. They say it's $50 off, but it's always been $100 since I have a smartphone and data plan . . .

Back
Top Bottom