Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

Did anybody upgrade from a 4s to a 5? I did and I only did just because I been using iPhones since the first one with the 4gb option and never been disappointed and I had the money and early upgrade option and I sold my 4s for 250 so I broke even with the 5... The only downer was resigning a 2 year contract.. But the way I look at a contract is if I really need to get out of it for such a crazy reason I will just pay the etf

Yup I went from 3GS to 4 to 4s to now 5. I'm also gonna do 5s to 6 and so on.

geez yaw still falling for apple tatics>? iphone 5 is so far behind other phones, I never will figure out why people is so quick to jump on the iphones.

Now I like the iphones and wouldnt mind having one but im not going to trip over head over heels to get one

the answer would be the same answer if someone asked that question about sneakers, sneakerhead culture, resellers and people camping out for a retro release . . .

So if I want to leave sprint and go over to ATT or Verizon with the LTE coverage it will cost me $140=$150 a month for 10gb of data usage?? Or stay with sprint with no LTE for $65/month

Damb, I used to go over 10gbs when I had my evo on wimax, the surprise bill all these iPhone users will get who have under 4gbs of data.

Im sticking with the 4s until Sprint gets LTE in my area

So if I want to leave sprint and go over to ATT or Verizon with the LTE coverage it will cost me $140=$150 a month for 10gb of data usage?? Or stay with sprint with no LTE for $65/month

Damb, I used to go over 10gbs when I had my evo on wimax, the surprise bill all these iPhone users will get who have under 4gbs of data.

Im sticking with the 4s until Sprint gets LTE in my area

lemme guess youre never around wifi and all you do is stream music and movies. Lol the percentage of users that go over 5gb is so small carriers don't even care about yall. Idk how anyone can use over 2gb a month on Sprints terrible 3g, LTE is a diff story. Thing is ATT and VZW have the best LTE spectrum and VZW is the only one focused on covering the entire nation. ATT is going to do similar to their 3g and mainly put LTE in big Metro Areas and HSPA+ for everywhere else, Sprint right now is focusing on big metro areas too, they dont have the funds to roll out everywhere.

Just a quick question. I upgraded two of my lines (I have a blackberry on the other that is my dedicated business line). I upgraded the blackberry line for the sole purpose of selling the phone. Will I need to remove the SIM card that comes with the phone, or will I be okay to sell it as is, without having to open the packaging at all?
TIA.

from my understanding the sim is dedicated to the phone number purchased with.

A CS rep told me i would have to activate it first on the number contracted with and than move it to another line. Which would mean you would have to buy another sim or the person you are selling it to would.

Another CS rep told me that you could just activate it on another line and that the above process was wrong.

The last CS rep said verizon was wondering the same thing and contacted apple about using the same sim card but has yet to receive an answer as of 4 pm central yesterday.

Verizon is still CDMA tho, correct? I could see that being an issue, but I'm more interested specifically with AT&T.

The last time I upgraded was two years ago with the iPhone 4. I remember having to switch sims because they were using a different size than the ones that were in the 3GS.

Last edited:
Verizon is still CDMA tho, correct? I could see that being an issue, but I'm more interested specifically with AT&T.
The last time I upgraded was two years ago with the iPhone 4. I remember having to switch sims because they were using a different size than the ones that were in the 3GS.

the ew iPhones use embeded simcards so they activate when they scan your phone which deactivates your old sim

bro's this would be my first time ordering an apple product....I wanna go in on the new touch but it says it releases in october.....whats the deal on pre-orders?

would it be better to just cop later in october? would their be better deals for it?

also if I pre-order, do they charge my card right away or charge it when it ships?

help is appreciated.

the ew iPhones use embeded simcards so they activate when they scan your phone which deactivates your old sim
I don't even know what that means bro.

geez yaw still falling for apple tatics>? iphone 5 is so far behind other phones, I never will figure out why people is so quick to jump on the iphones.
Now I like the iphones and wouldnt mind having one but im not going to trip over head over heels to get one
It's always funny to me when people say stuff like this, because it shows a fundamental lack of understanding of the common consumers needs.

1. Cutting edge technology has never mattered to majority of consumers.  Oh! you're a technorati, and you are excited your phone can be used as a projector, has NFC technology, and can watch videos in split screen while facebooking....Good for you, the majority of the world couldn't care less.  The average person just wants to surf the internet, take calls, text, and have their phone be stable.  This is why apple's phones have been so popular, you know what you are getting...which leads me to the 2nd point

2. If hardware doesn't matter so much--it doesn't as we've come to a pretty much a point where even footing has been established--then its about the complete package....hardware + software + user experience...at which apple excels.  The OS is best-of-breed for user experience and it-just-works functionality.  Moreover, there are generally only 1 or 2 iterations of the iOS out at a time leading to a virtually identical experience across all handsets. The other leading OS maker, Android has so much fragmentation that the user experience can be so drastically different from one phone to the next.  You might have loved your last android, but then you cop a new one and everything is different...things have been moved around...you don't find it intuitive...and some of your old app purchases are incompatible...and suddenly you find yourself getting frustrated by the new phone.  

3.  Along the lines of user experience....there is nothing like Apple's customer service.  I can easily say this without the least bit of exaggeration, but the customer service at Apple Stores I have been too has blown me away.  On two separate occasions I have had iphone problems, and dudes at the store just ran some diagnostic on my phone...corroborated the problem....and reached into a drawer and gave me a brand new phone.  Can't beat that.  I'm not saying that the customer service is terrible at verizon or sprint or at&T or where ever, but there is something comforting in knowing that I can go straight to the manufacturer of my handset, who is also the maker of the OS it runs on and get knowledgeable staff and grade-A custoemer service.

Now, if you an Android fan wants to argue with me about the bells and whistles that their phone has over my soon-to-be-delivered iphone 5....go for it.  I'm all ears...cutting-edge features are cool...and I'm happy for you if that's what makes you happy....but just understand this fact: that is low on my list of qualities when it's time to buy a new phone.

And I'm willing to bet that there are legions of consumers who feel just like I do.

Quick question,

Do you have to pay the data plan and a LTE plan?

How does this work?
nerd.gif
No, the Data LTE plan replaces the Data plan. 

It's always funny to me when people say stuff like this, because it shows a fundamental lack of understanding of the common consumers needs.

1. Cutting edge technology has never mattered to majority of consumers.  Oh! you're a technorati, and you are excited your phone can be used as a projector, has NFC technology, and can watch videos in split screen while facebooking....Good for you, the majority of the world couldn't care less.  The average person just wants to surf the internet, take calls, text, and have their phone be stable.  This is why apple's phones have been so popular, you know what you are getting...which leads me to the 2nd point

2. If hardware doesn't matter so much--it doesn't as we've come to a pretty much a point where even footing has been established--then its about the complete package....hardware + software + user experience...at which apple excels.  The OS is best-of-breed for user experience and it-just-works functionality.  Moreover, there are generally only 1 or 2 iterations of the iOS out at a time leading to a virtually identical experience across all handsets. The other leading OS maker, Android has so much fragmentation that the user experience can be so drastically different from one phone to the next.  You might have loved your last android, but then you cop a new one and everything is different...things have been moved around...you don't find it intuitive...and some of your old app purchases are incompatible...and suddenly you find yourself getting frustrated by the new phone.  

3.  Along the lines of user experience....there is nothing like Apple's customer service.  I can easily say this without the least bit of exaggeration, but the customer service at Apple Stores I have been too has blown me away.  On two separate occasions I have had iphone problems, and dudes at the store just ran some diagnostic on my phone...corroborated the problem....and reached into a drawer and gave me a brand new phone.  Can't beat that.  I'm not saying that the customer service is terrible at verizon or sprint or at&T or where ever, but there is something comforting in knowing that I can go straight to the manufacturer of my handset, who is also the maker of the OS it runs on and get knowledgeable staff and grade-A custoemer service.

Now, if you an Android fan wants to argue with me about the bells and whistles that their phone has over my soon-to-be-delivered iphone 5....go for it.  I'm all ears...cutting-edge features are cool...and I'm happy for you if that's what makes you happy....but just understand this fact: that is low on my list of qualities when it's time to buy a new phone.

And I'm willing to bet that there are legions of consumers who feel just like I do.

i still don't understand why people care what phone others use. i always see android users praising their plastic phones and trying to convince people to make the switch. i rarely see this from apple users.

i prefer the iPhone, and i think it's superior to any android phone out there. i rather have a phone that looks luxurious and not like a piece of plastic (that's just me). i don't go around to every android user and tell them to switch.. but what does happen, on an almost daily basis, is android losers coming to me and telling me that my phone sucks.

brb my phone runs smoother than yours even though it's 2 years old
brb my phone actually works and doesn't freeze like yours
brb brb

Last edited:

brand new phone . . . is this with or without applecare? no deductible? no replacement fee? how long did this whole wonderful experience last?

^

You get a one year warranty.

After a year, I believe it's $150 to replace your phone.

And yes, they swap it out with a brand new one. 

brand new phone . . . is this with or without applecare? no deductible? no replacement fee? how long did this whole wonderful experience last?
No apple care.  No dedudictible.  No replacement fee.  

Your incredulity is suprising, so I'm guessing you have not had experience with the Apple store customer service.

My first iphone, 3gs, dropped calls all the time and people said they would message me and nothing came through.  Phone was brand new.  I literally took it in...dude hooked my phone up, ran a diagnostic....then says, "yeah, we see you're phone has dropped 18% of calls".   Gives me a brand new phone, no questions asked.

Why would I make this stuff up?

Does anyone know if there is a 45 day period to wait after you cancel a Sprint line? The only way i can get the pone is if I cancel my current line. Or can I maybe open a new line (second line) then cancel my first one after opening the second?

the iphone maybe behind but its smoother and waaaayyy more dependable then any android phone 

First had the 2 week delay but got an email saying I'll get it on RD. Feelsgoodman

Where and when did you order???

Apple.com a lil past midnight on preorder. I was trying to figure out how to order online but the site was down and at the time, the only way to do it was if you had an iPhone (which I didn't). I just cleared the cookies and was able to access the Apple Store online through Firefox and was good to go. :pimp:

First time pre ordering, do you usually get it the day of release?
Ordered thru Verizon at midnight if that matters.

it depends on the amount of orders they received. When i ordered the 4S i got the phone a day before release, and three

days before they sent the tracking number.

Back
Top Bottom