Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

The slim I have on my 4S has pretty much done its job, and it's fallen a few times. That along with a screen protector and I'm straight! :smokin

I guess LTE and the 4 inch screen.
What cases are you guys looking at? I just ordered this one.. Not much protection I know but I have a similar one on my 4S, and I don't like for my case to take away from the phone. I want something similar in red.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00993E8B6/?tag=niketalk0e-20

I have the Ringke Slim Case on my Nexus 4G and i really like the case. Even the basic screen protector it came with does a good job of not being too thick or having the "orange peel" effect. I ordered the orange case one with the black 32GB iPhone 5 pre-ordered. I was debating between the orange and green. I try to get color cases because it is weird to me now to get a black case on a black phone for some reason, haha

I hope this phone at least can be used without a case should I decide to get one.

Apple devices tend to be so well put together that I hate having to use a case on them. 

Last edited:
i didnt pre-order but i plan to wait on line. will i become successful into getting an iphone? or will i waste my time waiting in line?

Got the 4S. If I got the 5, I would def rock it naked. The only reason I'm rocking a case rigth now is because of the glass backing and I don't feel like replacing the back should it break. Also, I'm too lazy to get a back screen protector. The 5 has the aluminum backing, no need to rock a case unless your are absolutely clumsy

I have a feeling this battery is gonna be worse than the 4/4S the signs are all too obvious :smh:

I have the Ringke Slim Case on my Nexus 4G and i really like the case. Even the basic screen protector it came with does a good job of not being too thick or having the "orange peel" effect. I ordered the orange case one with the black 32GB iPhone 5 pre-ordered. I was debating between the orange and green. I try to get color cases because it is weird to me now to get a black case on a black phone for some reason, haha

i know what you mean by the black on black effect, i really want a red one candy apple type like the one i have on my 4S but i dont find any that arent bulky or $25+..

Incase or Elago

do they have cases for the 5? everything i see is either bulky, ugly or $25+.

Yea, they do.  It's a good plan, it covers everything. 

It seems great, until something actually happens to the phone. I had it on my iPhone 4. I dropped it in a beer and the camera stopped working. Their insurance covers water damage, and they made it seem as if they would replace it on the spot with a new one. Not so. They'll take the phone, send it off to a repair tech off site, and your stuck with either a loaner phone from them or your own spare. Repairs can take weeks to finish. I ended up taking mine into an Apple Store. Got a cool employee who took a look at it, ran a diagnostic test, even though the water sensors were clearly tripped, and then handed me a brand new phone. I cancelled my Best Buy insurance that night. Look elsewhere IMO.

i didnt pre-order but i plan to wait on line. will i become successful into getting an iphone? or will i waste my time waiting in line?

i read if you didnt pre order you wouldnt be able to walk in and get one until mid October, dont know if that was only for the Apple stores or all providers though.. im thinking your wasting your time, i would call first and see if there are enough to go around after pre orders are fulfilled.

^ nah, there's a set amount for pre-orders and the rest is available at stores. 

You can definitely go to a store to purchase one on release day.  Whether or not you'll be successful; I suppose that depends on how far you are back in the queue.  

I hope this phone at least can be used without a case should I decide to get one.

Apple devices tend to be so well put together that I hate having to use a case on them. 

I feel the exact same way, have always gone case-less since the 1st gen (only use screen films). They've worked so much on the design and quality, why hide it. Although, if you prone to dropping phones..then a case is a must.

I find it really weird that they haven't released the size of the battery, only the estimated talk time, standby time, usage, etc. With 4G speeds on this device, this could be a huge issue.
Does data speed actually drain the battery tho?

I know using data will, but didn't know that the actual speed could.

It isn't that much bigger than the 4S battery to begin with and plus the added LTE. I'm not too techy but hopefully the A6 chip has some battery saving stuff in it!

The biggest thing about the a6 is it being energy efficient.

Lol Samsung already talking about dropping a S4 and the s3 don't even have jellybean LOL

^ some phones have already shipped from Apple. Use you phone number on UPS as the reference number and tracking info. will come up.

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/16...r-in-geekbench-showing-dual-core-1ghz-a6-cpu/

The numbers don't lie. With lesser specs, the iphone 5 is the fastest phone on the market. That is pretty damn impressive. Shows how much more efficient iOS is than all the others. The battery life will take a bit of a hit if you use LTE all the time....but I hardly see a reason to always have it enabled. You don't need it to read emails, send texts, check twitter, facebook etc. Only when you need to download an attachment or browse the internet IMO.

Anyone else think about how damn easy it was to cop a first batch shipment of these compared to copping limited release nike's? lol :smokin

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/16...r-in-geekbench-showing-dual-core-1ghz-a6-cpu/
The numbers don't lie. With lesser specs, the iphone 5 is the fastest phone on the market. That is pretty damn impressive. Shows how much more efficient iOS is than all the others. The battery life will take a bit of a hit if you use LTE all the time....but I hardly see a reason to always have it enabled. You don't need it to read emails, send texts, check twitter, facebook etc. Only when you need to download an attachment or browse the internet IMO.
Anyone else think about how damn easy it was to cop a first batch shipment of these compared to copping limited release nike's? lol
smokin.gif
All that time spent trying to cop limited releases and I didnt even pre order this phone and have been thinking about getting it ever since the pre order sold out.

All that practice wasted 
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom