Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/16...r-in-geekbench-showing-dual-core-1ghz-a6-cpu/
The numbers don't lie. With lesser specs, the iphone 5 is the fastest phone on the market. That is pretty damn impressive. Shows how much more efficient iOS is than all the others. The battery life will take a bit of a hit if you use LTE all the time....but I hardly see a reason to always have it enabled. You don't need it to read emails, send texts, check twitter, facebook etc. Only when you need to download an attachment or browse the internet IMO.
Anyone else think about how damn easy it was to cop a first batch shipment of these compared to copping limited release nike's? lol :smokin
Lesser specs, huh? What are you talking about?

All that time spent trying to cop limited releases and I didnt even pre order this phone and have been thinking about getting it ever since the pre order sold out.

All that practice wasted :smh:

Damn bro, this practice has made me a freaking wizard on almost everything online now a days. Scooped up 10 tix to springsteen at giants stadium, 4 GA Jayz tix in Bkln, 3 iphones (for the family), etc. etc.....EVERYTHING is so much easier than copping from NDC and the like. :smh:

When they were saying the first batch shipments sold out in an hour, I had a good laugh. Compared to the like 20-30 seconds you have to KD's, its such a breeze. I had AT&T and applestore up...AT&T went live 15 min early, I had 3 done before 3AM.

Last edited:
Last edited:
If you believe what samsung is spewing...technically their internals are faster (individually), but overall the droid OS is extremely ineffieienct so much so that the benchmarks are actually slower than the iphone5 running with slower internals....its all in the OS fellas! It's not always apples vs apples.
http://www.sammobile.com/2012/09/16/it-doesnt-take-a-genius-samsungs-ad-against-iphone-5/
Samsung's just marketing. How do you know their internals are faster? No one knows the architecture of the A6 chip and there are numerous fallacies comparing the Geekbench scores of the two OS's, so it's way too early to be making comparisons. Why exactly is Android inefficient? Plus Geekbench for Android is unoptimized so you get weird scores like the Nexus 7, which has a lower binned Tegra 3, scoring higher than a One X or GSIII.

Are people really spec sluts like that? New phones get released every few months and people hack their phones so it seems like there's a new faster phone all the time. It's like a pride thing when people say their phone has the fastest benchmark. So what? I used to run a benchmark app on my phone. It was nice to see the first few times then I stopped caring.

Are people really spec sluts like that? New phones get released every few months and people hack their phones so it seems like there's a new faster phone all the time. It's like a pride thing when people say their phone has the fastest benchmark. So what? I used to run a benchmark app on my phone. It was nice to see the first few times then I stopped caring.
I value the experience of the device much higher than the internals, I learned my lesson with the G2x. On paper, it looked awesome, but it ran like crap. I like to see how hardware is progressing though, it's interesting to see how much processing power can be crammed into a small space.

Still waiting on my Sprint Shipping Confirmation numbet |I
Ordered on Friday morning so I hope I was part of the backordered group.

whats the chance of me receiving the phone on Friday?

I ordered at about 11AM on Friday. Phone order from VZW.

Just canceled my preorder at AT&T , will be first thing in line come Friday :pimp: , couldn't wait 2-3 weeks for this iPhone

Just canceled my preorder at AT&T , will be first thing in line come Friday
pimp.gif
, couldn't wait 2-3 weeks for this iPhone
Just curious, when did you originally do your preorder through AT&T and they actually emailed you and said it would be 2-3 weeks?

whats the chance of me receiving the phone on Friday?
I ordered at about 11AM on Friday. Phone order from VZW.
I think you have a 50-50 chance.  Supposedly all of apple's stock was gone within one hour, but some of the carriers allegedly held up a little longer.

I find it really weird that they haven't released the size of the battery, only the estimated talk time, standby time, usage, etc. With 4G speeds on this device, this could be a huge issue.

Does data speed actually drain the battery tho?

I know using data will, but didn't know that the actual speed could.
think of it as driving a car 60 mph as opposed to 50, the faster speed will drain your fuel quicker and so will faster data speed

Just curious, when did you originally do your preorder through AT&T and they actually emailed you and said it would be 2-3 weeks?

Did it in store around 12:00 that evening , found out that after 11:25 est , all orders were going to be placed on backorder up to 3 weeks , I rather wait in line

has anyone received shipping confirmation or anything like that from Verizon? i sure do hope it comes in on Friday as I took off work because no one will be here to sign for it.. :rolleyes

has anyone received shipping confirmation or anything like that from Verizon? i sure do hope it comes in on Friday as I took off work because no one will be here to sign for it.. :rolleyes

VZW Ships via Fed Ex, I`m thinking their inventory is already stateside so they are shipping later, I could be wrong though

I keep checking my email every few hours to see if I got an email. It's like when I'm checking for the final grade of a class to see if I didn't mess up too badly :lol:. I'm going to be mad if Verizon says my order was pushed back. I hate using this piece of crap droid x I have.

It isn't that much bigger than the 4S battery to begin with and plus the added LTE. I'm not too techy but hopefully the A6 chip has some battery saving stuff in it!

The biggest thing about the a6 is it being energy efficient.

Lol Samsung already talking about dropping a S4 and the s3 don't even have jellybean LOL
Really? Because last time I checked Samsung hasn't said anything though. Just a bunch of rumors from Korean newspapers and a guy named LuckyLuchiano on a online message board.

to dudes thinking about canceling pre orders, what you should do is wait till friday go to the store and while you are waiting in line or your rep is getting your phone call customer service ASAP and have them cancel, just to be safe. Alot of people did it when I worked the 4s release, as long as it didnt ship they can cancel the preorder.

I sent AT&T an email to unlock my iPhone 4. Hopefully it comes by Friday so that I can sell/trade at a higher price.

Back
Top Bottom