Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

Yeah im just deciding on what store to go to. Ill likely go to an AT&T store instead of Apple.
Are you guys getting applecare?

No Apple care I never had Apple care on my iPhones. I want to ATT store by my job they told me they were getting 4 iPhone 5:stoneface:

What color are you guys getting? I picked black first but now I'm debating black or white.

i thought white at first cuz it'll stand out, but i'm guessing it'll show more dirt and dust over time like where white meets the aluminum sides or around the big button . . . probably hit up the black cuz you can't go wrong when you're rolling all murdered out . . .

What color are you guys getting? I picked black first but now I'm debating black or white.

White cause I will flip it once iPhone 6 comes out. White brings more $$$ then the black model.

I agree with this, White has the best re-sale value, But I still want to get black, Since I had the white 4S. Only thing I don't like about the white 5 is that the back is silver, Would've been better with a white back IMO...

and I might pick it up at the store Friday, Only have two AT&T's around my area but only one does the contracts and other stuff. So I might be out of luck, Last year there was a line for the 4S, It'll probably be worse with the 5. :x :stoneface: :smh:

Last edited:
I agree with this, White has the best re-sale value, But I still want to get black, Since I had the white 4S. Only thing I don't like about the white 5 is that the back is silver, Would've been better with a white back IMO...
and I might pick it up at the store Friday, Only have two AT&T's around my area but only one does the contracts and other stuff. So I might be out of luck, Last year there was a line for the 4S, It'll probably be worse with the 5. :x :stoneface: :smh:

Yea the silver back throws me off. I mean the white 4 had higher resale value because it was newer, I'll find out about the white 4s when I throw mines on eBay.

yea i myself have the white 4S, that silver back sure does throw the phone off. it definitely changed my decision.

this is what im seeing as of now, 'We received your order and it is in process.'

what does that mean?

"Ditching the glass back and reducing the thickness of the glass panel on the front has affected the design of the metal band around the edge of the iPhone. It is now chamfered and while that looks pretty, we've already noticed that on the black model the edge has started to wear, revealing the shiny silver aluminium metal underneath the "slate" coloured coating and, indeed, we've witnessed it on two separate models, ruling out a fluke manufacturing error.

These small scuffs will catch the light and make the phone look visibly worn. We suspect that it won't be as noticeable on the white model because the metal edging is silver, so that's worth bearing in mind when you come to order your colour choice."

def copping white model now.

"Ditching the glass back and reducing the thickness of the glass panel on the front has affected the design of the metal band around the edge of the iPhone. It is now chamfered and while that looks pretty, we've already noticed that on the black model the edge has started to wear, revealing the shiny silver aluminium metal underneath the "slate" coloured coating and, indeed, we've witnessed it on two separate models, ruling out a fluke manufacturing error.
These small scuffs will catch the light and make the phone look visibly worn. We suspect that it won't be as noticeable on the white model because the metal edging is silver, so that's worth bearing in mind when you come to order your colour choice."

Welp god thing I use a case, guess I'll stick to soft cases.

i think ima try my luck Friday at a Verizon store, gettin conflicted stories about shipping dates and order times. Already have the day off so ima make sure it goes to use lmao.

Wow where'd they ship from?
-Drew

Hey Drew... I like the way its moving. DId you order yourself one?

i went with the white, i had a black 4, all the finger prints showing drove me nuts. yeah on the white model they are still there, but harder to see thats for sure. i will always go with a white iPhone going forward, as long as they offer it.

Last edited:
"Ditching the glass back and reducing the thickness of the glass panel on the front has affected the design of the metal band around the edge of the iPhone. It is now chamfered and while that looks pretty, [COLOR=#red]we've already noticed that on the black model the edge has started to wear, revealing the shiny silver aluminium metal underneath the "slate" coloured coating and, indeed, we've witnessed it on two separate models, ruling out a fluke manufacturing error.
These small scuffs will catch the light and make the phone look visibly worn. We suspect that it won't be as noticeable on the white model because the metal edging is silver, so that's worth bearing in mind when you come to order your colour choice.[/COLOR]
"

Welp god thing I use a case, guess I'll stick to soft cases.

had to enlarge that text just so people see.

i personally think that is :pimp: adds character to your phone. like da air yeezy 2 with the "scales"

Engadget said their battery test the iPhone 5 was just 10 min shy of the Razr Maxx WOW

Is that good or bad?

good.

On our standard battery rundown test, in which we loop a video with LTE and WiFi enabled and social accounts pinging at regular intervals, the iPhone 5 managed a hugely impressive 11 hours and 15 minutes. That's just 10 minutes shy of the Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx.

Back
Top Bottom