Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

Anyone just going into the store to get theirs?

I'm waiting to see what HTC does tomorrow, if I'm not impressed I think I'm just going to the store and call it a day. I'm not getting up early to stand in line. If I can't get one during lunch then I'll just wait it out some more

That's because they haven't gotten the iPhone 5 in yet. I went through this same thing with the iPhone 4. AT&T will start shipping phones out tomorrow and/or Thursday.

yup that's what I was told; I was told the only way I won't get it is if I received a second email after my purchase confirmation telling me that it was back ordered

Went over to a Verizon store to upgrade my blackberry to an iPhone 4S 16GB and the dude said it was $270. Hit him with the :stoneface: and left.

laugh.gif
 @ that Fox News video.

Went over to a Verizon store to upgrade my blackberry to an iPhone 4S 16GB and the dude said it was $270. Hit him with the
indifferent.gif
and left.
Taxes+activation fee makes it $270 bro 
laugh.gif
 (unless he tried to claim it was $270 before the fees)

edit- didnt see it was a 4S not a 5. 4S's are supposed to be $99 on a new 2 year contract but Im not sure those prices went in effect yet.

Last edited:
Havent got a phone in awhile so perhaps I wasnt familiar with overall process but I had gone online to verizon to check the price prior to going and with the upgrade I have due to my contract being up it was $169.99. Apparently there is an additional $100 I need to spend on top of this?

Havent got a phone in awhile so perhaps I wasnt familiar with overall process but I had gone online to verizon to check the price prior to going and with the upgrade I have due to my contract being up it was $169.99. Apparently there is an additional $100 I need to spend on top of this?

I think its a $35+ activations fee......plus taxes

and iphone plans are different from your normally smartphone plans so changing to a iphone plan is more money too

$270 total out the door sounds about right

just wait tiill friday and get the 5 dont get the 4s if you do get a older iphone get the 4 its free with a upgrade and is the exact same as the 4s except for siri which you can unlock the 4 and download siri through cydia

Did you ask the store employee to go over the additional costs with you? I don't think the taxes and activation fee would add up to $100. Probably had to switch plans like someone mentioned specifically for the iphone.

I pre ordered mines minutes after midnight and I just got off the phone with AT&T. Dude is telling me that I won't get the phone until October 4-15. 
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

Now I'm having 2nd thoughts of wanting the 32gb. I pre ordered the 16gb at Walmart and thinking of cancelling that.

Back
Top Bottom