Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

Just checked my shipping status it's just driving around Memphis :lol: it says future delivery requested will be here on the 21

dammit, I ordered on Monday and I didn't get a tracking # yet..I knew I should have just pulled the trigger friday but I needed the weekend to think about it.

I have a question though, If I find out that I won't be getting it on time, can I go to a store on friday and buy one for the reduced price with a contract and just cancel my pre-order? I already paid my upgrade fee so would they let me do that? I assume they would as long as they verify that I cancel my original order. 

either way I won't be standing in line for no damn phone, my POS samsung has lasted me this long..I think it can make it a few more weeks. I hope there are still phones in stock after the lines disappear so I can just go cop with ease. 

Last edited:
dammit, I ordered on Monday and I didn't get a tracking # yet..I knew I should have just pulled the trigger friday but I needed the weekend to think about it.

I have a question though, If I find out that I won't be getting it on time, can I go to a store on friday and buy one for the reduced price with a contract and just cancel my pre-order? I already paid my upgrade fee so would they let me do that? I assume they would as long as they verify that I cancel my original order. 

either way I won't be standing in line for no damn phone, my POS samsung has lasted me this long..I think it can make it a few more weeks. I hope there are still phones in stock after the lines disappear so I can just go cop with ease. 

I doubt you are going to get a tracking number anytime soon if you ordered on Monday.

have been without a phone since saturday smh, hoping i can cop a 5 on Friday or else i'm pulling the trigger on a 4s. I should try the Verizon store over Apple Store correct? Got a Verizon store 5 minutes from my pad, offbeat area as well...

I agree with this, White has the best re-sale value, But I still want to get black, Since I had the white 4S. Only thing I don't like about the white 5 is that the back is silver, Would've been better with a white back IMO...
and I might pick it up at the store Friday, Only have two AT&T's around my area but only one does the contracts and other stuff. So I might be out of luck, Last year there was a line for the 4S, It'll probably be worse with the 5. :x :stoneface: :smh:

The white was newer with the 4 model thats why it had a better re sale value. It didnt come out on the iphone 4 release date

This time around seems like everyone in they momma is going with the black cause of the black sides which makes the phone even more :smokin

BLACK IS TOO TRILL

Last edited:
So not too sure what to do. My top button is broken on my iphone 4s. Stuck in....

If i go trade it in with apple and get a new one the phone will come pre loaded with 5.1.1? correct? Which i can jailbreak.
I don't want to update to ios6 because its not jailbroken yet.

ios6 seems rather miniscule. Not putting it on my ipad (ipad is jailbroken too) or phone. All it has that i want really is email changes, and maps with turn by turn nav. But i have a turn by turn app anyway that i am content with. I don't travel a lot so passbook isn't that great to me.

[COLOR=#red]The new Maps turn by turn by Apple is not up to snuff with Google Navigation. Details below. All hail Google/Android :rofl:[/COLOR]

In the latest version of Apple’s (AAPL) mobile operating system, the company has replaced Google Maps with its own service. Initial previews of the feature were critical and most agreed that Apple had a long way to go if it was looking to dethrone Google (GOOG). Business Insider spoke with Waze CEO Noam Bardin about the iPhone’s new turn-by-turn directions, and the executive offered little praise. Waze, along with TomTom and some other companies, provides traffic information for the new mapping service, although Bardin’s comments suggest that Apple is relying predominantly on TomTom.

“Apple went out and partnered with the weakest player,” he said. “They’re now coming out with the lowest, weakest data set and they’re competing against Google, which has the highest data set. What’s going to happen with the Apple maps, is that you’re literally not going to find things. When you do find them, they might be in the wrong place or position geographically. And if you do have it, the route to it may not be the optimal route.”

Bardin revealed that a large number of mobile app developers have reached out to Waze and wish to integrate the company’s maps directly into their apps instead of Apple’s service.

“They’re saying many things that used to work on Google don’t work on Apple,” he said. “Going forward now, we’re going to see this around maps, it’s the question of how fast Apple can work with their partners to update the data and how good the user experience will be.”

still nothing about shipment from AT&T and I def ordered early enough :smh:

Same thing is happening with my order from Apple. It says "Prepared for shipment" but I did the reference tracking via UPS and my phone is in Kentucky and will be delivered on Friday. The charge is also pending on my account and hasn't gone through but since its been shipped, I'm confident I'll have my phone Friday.

Same thing is happening with my order from Apple. It says "Prepared for shipment" but I did the reference tracking via UPS and my phone is in Kentucky and will be delivered on Friday. The charge is also pending on my account and hasn't gone through but since its been shipped, I'm confident I'll have my phone Friday.

Was finally able to get my tracking info via my phone number. Mine too says "Preparing for shipment". Although it seems that the two I ordered (white/black) are coming from different origins, one from China and one from Illinois. Stinks that it is UPS though, they always come to my house at night.

Was finally able to get my tracking info via my phone number. Mine too says "Preparing for shipment". Although it seems that the two I ordered (white/black) are coming from different origins, one from China and one from Illinois. Stinks that it is UPS though, they always come to my house at night.

I'm not sure I've had any UPS packages delivered to me personally so I'm not sure what time they'll come. I'm typically in the office from 6AM-6PM so I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be pre-signing for the shipment. Is anyone else doing this/have experience with this? UPS/FedEx/USPS/DHL always leave our packages in the mail room so I don't think this should be a problem.

Yeah, I'm pretty much copping. Haven't had an iPhone and it might as well be this one. I've had a BlackBerry and I currently have an Android. I've been pleased with both. We'll definitely see how this go. After I'm done with it, I'll try a Windows phone at some point.

The best part of these reviews so far, for me at least, is that the reviewers are saying that the battery life is at least as good as advertised.

still no tracking for me from ATT and i know i ordered early enough but just got a email saying it should be at my house on the 21st...

anybody with att get a tracking yet?

the hold of my card has been released too.... i wonder what that means...

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm pretty much copping. Haven't had an iPhone and it might as well be this one. I've had a BlackBerry and I currently have an Android. I've been pleased with both. We'll definitely see how this go. After I'm done with it, I'll try a Windows phone at some point.
I went from windows to blackberry to iOS, and I'll never look back.

I do keep a blackberry for business use tho.

still no tracking for me from ATT and i know i ordered early enough but just got a email saying it should be at my house on the 21st...

I received my order confirmation about 10:30am Friday morning from AT&T and still says "Pending Shipment" ...BUT... for what it's worth my order for the 4S last Oct still shows up on the Order Status page. So for the hell of it, I rechecked to see exactly when my 4S went out in comparison to delivery date. Last year it went out Oct 13th with standard overnight and got to me on the 14th (Launch day). So for what it's worth...those who have ordered from AT&T I wouldn't panic...yet. Technically if history repeats itself we have until Thursday for the phone to go out. Have to figure there's god knows how many orders so some of us will receive info first as they work their way down to complete our orders.

AT&T seems the most lax about keeping customers updated with information, but every year I'm stuck with ordering from them because I harass until I get a full early upgrade and cheapest price for the phone. Take the good with the bad I guess. Like I said I'm not sure 10:30 am Eastern was enough to receive on launch day, but I also haven't received an email from AT&T telling me anything specific... like some have received back order info and some have received a notice saying it will arrive by Friday. Keep the fingers crossed and hope for the best is the most we can do.

I still haven't received an email but checked this site and it says it was shipped on the 17th (tracking number isn't active yet though)

https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/order_status.jsp?

I received my order confirmation about 10:30am Friday morning from AT&T and still says "Pending Shipment" ...BUT... for what it's worth my order for the 4S last Oct still shows up on the Order Status page. So for the hell of it, I rechecked to see exactly when my 4S went out in comparison to delivery date. Last year it went out Oct 13th with standard overnight and got to me on the 14th (Launch day). So for what it's worth...those who have ordered from AT&T I wouldn't panic...yet. Technically if history repeats itself we have until Thursday for the phone to go out. Have to figure there's god knows how many orders so some of us will receive info first as they work their way down to complete our orders.
AT&T seems the most lax about keeping customers updated with information, but every year I'm stuck with ordering from them because I harass until I get a full early upgrade and cheapest price for the phone. Take the good with the bad I guess. Like I said I'm not sure 10:30 am Eastern was enough to receive on launch day, but I also haven't received an email from AT&T telling me anything specific... like some have received back order info and some have received a notice saying it will arrive by Friday. Keep the fingers crossed and hope for the best is the most we can do.

i found this link on another site.. check this out....

https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/order_status.jsp?#

search method i used my cell number... it gave me a tracking number for UPS

i also got a confirmation email 3 of them saying it will be on the 21st received my 3rd one last night...

i also place my order at about 6am eastern

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom