Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

After finally being on both AT&T's and Apple's site and changing the billing and shipping address I got to order from AT&T's site at around 4AM EST on the 14th.  That was still within the first hour the preorders opened up.  Status now says "Backordered" and "Pendng Shipment".  But my confirmation email when I ordered the phone did say I was getting it the 21st so I don't know what to believe. SMH if it really is backordered and I did this within the first hour preorders opened up. 

Last edited:
Girl i know got a shipping email from AT&T this morning, and she ordered after me
mean.gif
Did y'all order the exact color and size?  Other than the availability based on that, I'm wondering if AT&T is going by any thing else other than first-come, first-served basis because that's what they said on their email that they were going by.  I hope they're not going by seniority or how long you've been with AT&T or whatever. 

Did y'all order the exact color and size?  Other than the availability based on that, I'm wondering if AT&T is going by any thing else other than first-come, first-served basis because that's what they said on their email that they were going by.  I hope they're not going by seniority or how long you've been with AT&T or whatever. 

yep, exact same phone. White 32GB

I'm figuring its something as simple as the orders are divided up between a bunch of employees whose job it is to process them or whatever...and like anything else...some are working harder / better then others. Or at least I hope lol.

[COLOR=#red]JUST got iOS 6 on my iPad 3 (The New iPad). I am loving it so far!!! I'll stop trolling and admit I was kind of excited about getting iOS6 on my iPad :lol: The Maps is decent, about to test drive Siri to see what she talking about.[/COLOR]

if you haven't gotten your tracking shipment from AT&T you are most likely screwed

I just called and chewed out a manager; I placed my order at 8:12am and people who placed after received their shipments; basically AT&T is holding off telling customers this to avoid major backlash.

So bottom line is if you haven't gotten tracking info then you are in all likelihood not seeing your iPhone 5 til Oct. :smh: :smh: :smh: @ AT&T

[COLOR=#red]Here is a picture I took of the new Flyover in Maps (iOS6) on my iPad 3. It's Downtown Houston in Retina Glory.
[/COLOR]

Last edited:
if you haven't gotten your tracking shipment from AT&T you are most likely screwed
I just called and chewed out a manager; I placed my order at 8:12am and people who placed after received their shipments; basically AT&T is holding off telling customers this to avoid major backlash.
So bottom line is if you haven't gotten tracking info then you are in all likelihood not seeing your iPhone 5 til Oct.
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
@ AT&T
Same here. I ordered on 9/14 around 9-10am pacfici time. On my status page, it says order date is 9/16 (when I got the order confirmation email on 9/14) and I called them and they said it won't be here till 10/5-10/14. I'm really tempted to cancel my preorder b/c of this incompetence. If I still see backordered by Friday, I'm cancelling the preorder for sure. 

So bottom line is if you haven't gotten tracking info then you are in all likelihood not seeing your iPhone 5 til Oct. :smh: :smh: :smh: @ AT&T

have you tried going to UPS.com and tracking it yourself by putting in your phone number and zip code?

My girlfriend is due for an upgrade on Sprint's SERO. She's had the Samsung Epic 4G and, while she loved it at first, its had a bunch of glitch type problems the past few months. She said she wants the new iPhone, but I tried to convince her to get the Galaxy S3. I think she'd be much more happy with the iPhone though, so I'm gonna start looking hard at the reviews. My biggest question for those that have rolled with the iPhone the past several years is : How is the build quality/user experience on new release phones? Are they glitchy and cheap and, thus, fixed along the way or are they pretty stable from day 1?

Same here. I ordered on 9/14 around 9-10am pacfici time. On my status page, it says order date is 9/16 (when I got the order confirmation email on 9/14) and I called them and they said it won't be here till 10/5-10/14. I'm really tempted to cancel my preorder b/c of this incompetence. If I still see backordered by Friday, I'm cancelling the preorder for sure. 

they said you can't cancel the order because you accepted terms so I was like...

so you are telling me if I go to Verizon and get the phone that I will still be charged the ETF even though I have no phone which what the contract is signed for?!?!

they said yes but I can return it once I receive it in Oct. and it would be reversed which at point I just went on them and came out with a $100 credit

So bottom line is if you haven't gotten tracking info then you are in all likelihood not seeing your iPhone 5 til Oct.
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
@ AT&T
Just what I needed to hear smh.  So what are our options now to guarantee we get it on Friday.  Go to an actual store on Friday and that's it I guess. Or go to Walmart or Best Buy today and preorder there?

Back
Top Bottom