Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

I pre-ordered on the 14th, and was told that I would receive two emails from BB.  The first on would be a confirmation of my pre-order(I received that email on the 15th).....the second would be on the 21st when my phone is ready to be picked up.

Are you in NYC?....
Nah, L.A. I did receive the first email, just not the main one.

Mentioned this earlier. The only thing that is missing for me (besides Flash and a NT app) is an ESPN bottom line ticker in notfication center. If they had that, this would be the perfect phone. Don't really use too many apps. All I really need at all times are the Facebook, Message, Phone, ESPN, and Google Chrome app.

Mentioned this earlier. The only thing that is missing for me (besides Flash and a NT app) is an ESPN bottom line ticker in notfication center. If they had that, this would be the perfect phone. Don't really use too many apps. All I really need at all times are the Facebook, Message, Phone, ESPN, and Google Chrome app.

That would be dope!

finally got my shipment confirmation and tracking number but the tracking hasnt even been updated by UPS....

I don't have my phone near me, but is it true that the updated Maps took away Bus/Public Transportation routes?

Tomorrow though

I don't have my phone near me, but is it true that the updated Maps took away Bus/Public Transportation routes?
yea...that was a google feature.

On a side note.  If google was smart, they would create a paid iphone app right now, while everybody is getting their iphone 5's and upgrading to iOS 6 and promptly realizing that, "man, 3d maps are cool" but on a practical application standpoint google maps was way better.

On a side note. If google was smart, they would create a paid iphone app right now, while everybody is getting their iphone 5's and upgrading to iOS 6 and promptly realizing that, "man, 3d maps are cool" but on a practical application standpoint google maps was way better.
^^^ Very true. 100% agree

Last edited:
I pre-ordered on the 14th, and was told that I would receive two emails from BB.  The first on would be a confirmation of my pre-order(I received that email on the 15th).....the second would be on the 21st when my phone is ready to be picked up.

Are you in NYC?....
I was wrong.  I just got my email from best buy telling me I'm a go for tomorrow

Last edited:
Got my tracking number last night :smokin

This is for AT&T, I guess I got lucky I thought the cut off was 9am Friday the 14th and i called them around 230 eastern

Are you in NYC?....
I was wrong.  I just got my email from best buy telling me I'm a go for tomorrow

Nice edit.

I just called mine and they said they'll start sending out emails as shipments come in. I was like 10th in line. And they come in boxes of 10 so I should be good money. 8)

I still want to make it official and be in line when the store opens, regardless of notification. Wait...I waited in line last week. Bump that.

Last edited:
To those AT&T pre-orderers that are worrying heavily right now because of no tracking number / pending shipment status, don't panic just yet. Those that are telling you that if you haven't received shipping information yet...you are screwed.. are misinformed. Now don't take this as a promise you will receive yours on time...but keep in mind ..... October last year my 4s order status didn't change till the Thursday before release (Oct 13th) when the phone was shipped standard overnight and got to me in time for launch day (Oct 14th). I know everyone who has already received their shipping confirmation are making the rest of us without info antsy, but I would hold off making moves for an alternate option until tomorrow afternoonish before you start trying to cancel orders / etc.
I would recommend just calling AT&T directly.  I called them yesterday and asked them point blank is it guaranteed that I would NOT be getting a phone on Friday and they said yes.  They said the earliest I would get my phone was October 5th.  So I cancelled my order right there. 

Apple has always called itself a software company... it's not a good sign when your software is inferior to others and the reason you're selling so well is because you have awesome hardware.

Apple has always called itself a software company... it's not a good sign when your software is inferior to others and the reason you're selling so well is because you have awesome hardware.
[COLOR=#red]
Yeah, even at Macrumors.com the place where Apple fans are extremely rabid and loyal (read delusional), they are coming down pretty hard on Apple Maps. It's cool in some ways but definitely half-baked. If Apple wants to be the leader, they have to stop taking their supporter loyalty for granted, because the tides are changing slowly but surely.

At this point Android is only fighting the hype surrounding the iPhone...because in more than a few ways Android's product and software are actually superior. In other words hype and sales =/= a superior product. [/COLOR]

Last edited:

On a side note.  If google was smart, they would create a paid iphone app right now, while everybody is getting their iphone 5's and upgrading to iOS 6 and promptly realizing that, "man, 3d maps are cool" but on a practical application standpoint google maps was way better.

one of my main beefs with apple. they make things look cool but sacrifice functionality

Back
Top Bottom