Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

Anybody that pre-order off the Sprint website get a shipping confirmation? It says if you pre-order on 9/14 before 2PM CT you will get it on the 21st. Still no tracking number for me though.

Thanks a bunch bro! Apple is willing to give me $255 for my iPhone. I just started the contract wit' Sprint in March though.

Doubt it, but if you somehow have an upgrade, you can sell your 4S to somewhere and probably get around 350 for it. I was gonna do that, but mine was a gift so I can't bring myself to sell it.

Nah, I jus' started my contract in March 2012.

but no, no one will trade you a 5 for a 4S

True..

Someone will if the price is right. Stores such as Best Buy, Radio Shack, etc do offer trade ins. That's what I plan on doing next month when I upgrade my family. I'm trading my 4S, my wife 4, and 2 of my 3 children 3GS iPhones to offset the cost of upgrading.

Hmm, sounds like a plan.

not sure why you would see that all I saw were a 1 dollar charge from Apple and VZW, it could be your bank/ credit card reserving funds.
One thing I will say even though you can get a car charger from Amazon for like 50 cent, the Verizon joints are covered for a year, so if it ever stops working just go into a corporate store, tell them the date you got it and they give you a brand new one, as long as its not damaged.

the only charge i have so far is the 66 for the accessories i didn't even want...they still havent taken my money for the phone yet

You got got homey just return them.

Yeah ...ordered through verizon and got the fedex tracking on tuesday morning

When exactly did you order? I ordered at about 10:30 eastern time. I'm pissed cuz I had originally put in the day for tm now Im uncertain if I should come into work or not..

Nice edit.
I just called mine and they said they'll start sending out emails as shipments come in. I was like 10th in line. And they come in boxes of 10 so I should be good money. 8)
I still want to make it official and be in line when the store opens, regardless of notification. Wait...I waited in line last week. Bump that.

I went to bestbuy in Sherman Oaks and pre-ordered mine. When I got there, the managers first words were "WE ARE NOT GUARANTEEING ANYONE A PHONE ON RELEASE DAY. IF YOU ARE NOT OK WITH THIS, PLEASE DO NOT ORDER".
Anyways, Im hoping to get the phone on friday. I have yet to receive the second email from bestbuy.

I went to bestbuy in Sherman Oaks and pre-ordered mine. When I got there, the managers first words were "WE ARE NOT GUARANTEEING ANYONE A PHONE ON RELEASE DAY. IF YOU ARE NOT OK WITH THIS, PLEASE DO NOT ORDER".
Anyways, Im hoping to get the phone on friday. I have yet to receive the second email from bestbuy.

I wish my rep at AT&T told me this before I bought the phone. After the transaction he told me it can take up to 14-21 days to come in, but he said the people who pre-order usually get it first. I don't think I'll be getting mine tomorrow :smh:

This news about Apple Maps is incredibly disheartening. I will not be getting an iPhone 5 or even upgrading to iOS6 until this issue is fixed. The Maps function was one of, if not the most, crucial aspects of the iPhone and the one app I literally depend on every day. I love Apple products and I've never had issue with their software or hardware but I am not married to the idea of buying a nice phone that can't perform what I need it to.

I'll hold out until the end of October. If this issue persists and Apple decides to ignore it, I have no issue looking at an Android. I honestly never thought I'd say this.

Just got my Best Buy confirmation for tomorrow :smokin
32gb black on VZW!

Does anyone know out of Sprint, AT&T and Verizon, which carrier has the lowest monthly charges? I am currently with AT&T on my 4 and my contract is up in Jan. I am thinking of jumping ship for the 5 if Sprint or Verizon offers a lower monthly bill.

Does anyone know out of Sprint, AT&T and Verizon, which carrier has the lowest monthly charges? I am currently with AT&T on my 4 and my contract is up in Jan. I am thinking of jumping ship for the 5 if Sprint or Verizon offers a lower monthly bill.

i would think sprint would... but the service wont be that great....

i would think sprint would... but the service wont be that great....

Sprint would be but they are stupid with that extra $10 charge for smartphones and i seen someone said its $10 more to get LTE...

has it been confirmed that you will need a new sim if you want to transfer the iphone (verizon) to a different line?

can you activate the phone directly to a line that was not purchased with the phone?

i'm reading some really bad reviews for the new Map app. yikes... guess I won't be updating mine afterall

Bad reviews all across the board.

Developers and "test subjects" have had months to get this right and correct all the bugs I don't understand why it as so many.

Maps will not show the 3d "Fly Over" View for me.

Passbook won't work.... I get a "cannot connect to itunes store" message..... found a fix on youtube though.. You have to go to Passsource.com in the browser to add items to it...... another gripe is that there aren't really that many things available for it yet that I actually use.

Back
Top Bottom