Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

IMO from what ive seen, read, heard.
its not that much of a difference/upgrade
all it is is LTE and a slightly bigger screen. so its pretty much up to you. do you have LTE in your area? if so id go with the 5.
:lol: it's a pretty damn big difference. Lte alone is worth it, plus it's way faster, bigger screen, more solid construction...the thing with iPhones is its really tough to go off what you read online because its such a polarizing phone and fanboys pull so hard for both sides. You've really gotta see it for yourself and test it out. Apples return policy is :pimp: though, you can buy stuff just to try it out and return it within 2 weeks

As far as getting out of tmobile, how's your service? If you drop calls call their CS and raise hell and they'll waive the etf. You're really fiendin for that new phone huh?

Last edited:
IMO from what ive seen, read, heard.
its not that much of a difference/upgrade
all it is is LTE and a slightly bigger screen. so its pretty much up to you. do you have LTE in your area? if so id go with the 5.
:lol: it's a pretty damn big difference. Lte alone is worth it, plus it's way faster, bigger screen, more solid construction...

As far as getting out of tmobile, how's your service? If you drop calls call their CS and raise hell and they'll waive the etf. You're really fiendin for that new phone huh?

well some said its a big difference, others havent. just going by what ive heard and a couple from personal friends who upgraded from the 4S to the 5.

well i want the 5 but i also want off tmobile :x they dont waive it anymore if you "dont" get service or drop calls. i dont know what im gonna do, im not about to switch my whole family and drop $1500+ just to do it :x :x :x

wish we had someone with a job at tmobile on here :frown:

i feel bad for the ppl that preordered that didn't get it day 1. anyone could easily walk into an apple, att or verizon store (or sprint) and cop one at any time.
anyway, i copped a 32gb black att model.

was due for an upgrade. had a 4 before this (and a 3g before that). its worth it if you're moving from a 3g, 3gs or 4. if you're not due for an upgrade and you have the 4s then you should chill.

the phone is very fast. faster than any other iphone. but the speed alone isn't worth paying more than the price if you're due for an upgrade.

i am beyond angry with Verizon. Had the phone since Friday and ported my number over from Sprint. problem is that they deactivated my Sprint phone and cannot port my number to the iphone with Verizon for some reason so I have been left with no phone for 2 days. I have called and have gone to the Verizon store twice, but all they tell me is that i have to wait. >: I dunno wth to do now.

i am beyond angry with Verizon. Had the phone since Friday and ported my number over from Sprint. problem is that they deactivated my Sprint phone and cannot port my number to the iphone with Verizon for some reason so I have been left with no phone for 2 days. I have called and have gone to the Verizon store twice, but all they tell me is that i have to wait. >: I dunno wth to do now.

That's bs. Call tech support and tell them your iPhone has been deactivated longer then 24 hrs and you need it to be activated with the ported number. I just got mines fixed today.

That's bs. Call tech support and tell them your iPhone has been deactivated longer then 24 hrs and you need it to be activated with the ported number. I just got mines fixed today.

trust me I been on the phone all damn day. I was at the store for 2 1/2 hours today and they could not figure it out. Claimed that when they were porting my number that some data got lost in the transition. They told me it 'might' work by tomorrow at 7am but they said that last night too.

Anyone have the 5 for Sprint?

Was wondering how (faster?) you like the LTE in Houston and where in houston you are? I hear mixed reviews but now that it's LTE is it better coverage?

Or anyone that now gets LTE for Sprint, alot better?

Upgraded from a Iphone4 to the Iphone5.  The apps loads faster and smoother, and I'm surprised how fast the LTE is.  Everything seems to be snappier.  

I want to know what is your guys opinion on rocking just one of those Invisishield screen protectors? Will it really protect the screen from cracking if dropped????

Last edited:
Spent some quality time with my girls i5 yesterday....and was able to get a solid impression of the phone.

Is anyone willing to admit how underwhelming and overhyped this thing is yet?

I was semi-shocked at how frail and swaggerless the phone was.

Felt like it could be crushed with a strong squeeze, felt tiny, battery life sucked, swipe left...swipe right, look at some boxes....that's the end of your iPhone 5 experience.

I really like Apples laptops and I Macs but this phone is a joke. Probably the most overhyped consumer product in my lifetime.

Last edited:
I agree with u. I don't plan to get a case and I'm not worried about it getting all scratched up since I have insurance. I was just trying to say that in my mind...it's not worth it to baby a phone for 2 yrs to get a little extra money for it.

I'm slowly, but surely beginning to feel this way. I found the case I want for the 5 as it is a see through low profile case. I'm over the whole Otterbox phase now. Just need something simple like this case Amazon product ASIN B0093CDLM0. I asked AT&T to move up my upgrade date a few weeks and they was not having it.

a couple ppl who upgraded to ios6 every time they get off the phone or hit the end button music on their phone begins to start playing ... io6 seems kinda buggy... im still running 5.0.1

Back
Top Bottom