Aqua 8s Black Friday 2015

Doubt they were hypebeast, they just know a better looking shoe than what they are accustomed to seeing.
Bro
We get it
You like the 07 you've been saying that since the jump
We get it
Enjoy your 07s I'm glad you have them so can stunt on us 2015 owners
And be different than everyone else

No sarcasm

To be honest, most kids don't even know the difference. I learned this while doing a stint at FA :lol:

Checking in :smokin copped a pair for $135 from a gift card + $15 vip reward...got these and chromes

I wore my 2007's yesterday so many people said how much they liked my 2007 Aqua's over the 2015's. Even guys at the shoe stores.
usually happens when people wear the older retro. I remember when I got the Flint 13s back in 10, people commented on the old 2005 pair and didn't trip on the new one. It's probably be the same for my 2010 pair when the new one drops. People always like the older pair with little protest

Last edited:
usually happens when people wear the older retro. I remember when I got the Flint 13s back in 10, people commented on the old 2005 pair and didn't trip on the new one. It's probably be the same for my 2010 pair when the new one drops. People always like the older pair with little protest

True. Repped.

Quality is really far better than I even expected but had to get the Chromes instead they just look sick. .

Is it me, or do the chromes have more of an ashy Larry look than the 2010 Varsity/INFRARED 6s?

Aight. I won't bring the '07 Aqua's up anymore. A simple pm of chill with the '07 Aqua talk would have been sufficient and it would have ended.
I apologize

I came at you in a  incorrect manner

And I apologize for such tomfoolery in this thread against your name

Hopefully we can put this behind us

True. Repped.
don't mean to contradict but it's just a strange reality about the sneaker game. People respect the older model which could be seen as synonymous with experience. Peeps with retros under 3 years old get no attention :rofl:

I apologize
I came at you in a  incorrect manner
And I apologize for such tomfoolery in this thread against your name

Hopefully we can put this behind us

All good man. I apologize on my end as well. It's about to be 2016 we are all on here because we share a common love for sneakers. So if I can avoid conflict I will try my best to do so. Have a safe and happy new year man.

don't mean to contradict but it's just a strange reality about the sneaker game. People respect the older model which could be seen as synonymous with experience. Peeps with retros under 3 years old get no attention :rofl:

I personally think it's the younger generation sneakerheads. Most of the newer droves of sneakerheads started in 2011 during the Concord release. So I think that's why retro kicks before that time period get shown so much love.

these had the pre pay raffle on ndc correct? did they allow you to use gift cards during pre pay ?

Quality is really far better than I even expected but had to get the Chromes instead they just look sick. .
Sorry ill take the playoffs over the aquas any day
I must be in the minority. I absolutely hate 8s, but I love Aquas for some reason. Every other colorway does nothing for me. I'm def glad these sat though. I still feel like people will regret not picking these up.

It's more about people wanting what isn't available. The retros won't be perfectly identical, and even if they were people would then say the shoes dont 'feel' the same, or something else. In some cases the differences are real, but most of the time it's an opinion.

Whatever is available people don't want, whatever is limited or they can't get they want. Go look at the VI maroon forum, kicks were around for weeks, started drying up and people now want them 'for retail'. These will be the same.

Last edited:
2015 aquas are magnificent. I honestly think the apprehension on this classic colorway is that people don't know how to throw these on with a fit. I remember lusting after chromes back in '04-'05 and was about to buy a DS '03 pair about 2 years back. Can't even look at chromes the same now, they're way too plain and safe. The Aquas have always been one of my favorite air Jordan's and this '15 has made me not only fall in love with CW all over again, but Air Jordan's again in general.

I dont wear kicks for the hype beast i wear them to match my fit.... Sometimes ill take stan smiths over a retro just depends on the fit.... I hate those guys who wear OGs with them cheesy matching jordan brand track suits lol

Last edited:
I dont wear kicks for the hype beast i wear them to match my fit.... Sometimes ill take stan smiths over a retro just depends on the fit.... I hate those guys who wear OGs with them cheesy matching jordan brand track suits lol
matching is grossly overrated and put of style IMO. Aqua's are a great looking shoe and can go with a lot of things if the person has style versatility and diversity within their wardrobe.

I stick to plain grey, dark grey, black, sometimes white shirts :lol: I was doing too much trying to buy shirts that go with ONE shoe so I've toned it down and it's less worrysome trying to find outfits

Back
Top Bottom