Aqua 8s Black Friday 2015

Crazy why there aren't more discounts on these retros-are these stores not allowed to send them back to Nike?

I guess Nike is pushing the big retailers to get full MSRP for retro's, especially in-store. They believe that they will sell out eventually at MSRP, as they did in the recent past. But with the amount of retro's sitting currently, I think they will have to eventually. There's legit no room on shelves at these big retailers. Almost all of the Nike Basketball shoes (current and last model) are sitting. I read that Nike labeled the Maroon's in such a way, that customers weren't allowed to use in-store coupons or military discount on them at FTL and Co. Nike really wanted everyone to pay $220 for them, even their employees. Currently, most releases are easily obtainable (which is great), but they're making it harder for us to get them below retail. RIP Bday coupon and cashback.

Sorry for the long post. I'm lit.

I guess Nike is pushing the big retailers to get full MSRP for retro's, especially in-store. They believe that they will sell out eventually at MSRP, as they did in the recent past. But with the amount of retro's sitting currently, I think they will have to eventually. There's legit no room on shelves at these big retailers. Almost all of the Nike Basketball shoes (current and last model) are sitting. I read that Nike labeled the Maroon's in such a way, that customers weren't allowed to use in-store coupons or military discount on them at FTL and Co. Nike really wanted everyone to pay $220 for them, even their employees. Currently, most releases are easily obtainable (which is great), but they're making it harder for us to get them below retail. RIP Bday coupon and cashback.

Repped for the insight but, man, that is depressing...

Minor correction, Nike employees are not paying full retail. It's 40% off, Maroon VIs not excluded from that.

speaking of starter jackets, I copped this last week.
View media item 1858006
View media item 1858007
I want a Chicago Bulls Satin Starter Jacket (Red with 'Bulls' across the front) what is the sizing on Starter Jackets and do they restock or am I out of luck?
I wanted the black one but I copped a vintage Bulls starter jacket instead. think the can fit big, the satin ones but I heard tts. think these satin jackets we're seeing were a one time run from starter and unfortunately the Bulls ones sold out. I'd check your villa and DTLR if you have one. I know they got some stuff in too. plus there's always ebay.

found these
http://www.ycmc.com/chicago-bulls-classic-satin-jacket.html?order=new_arrivals

http://www.ycmc.com/chicago-bulls-classic-satin-jacket-216298.html?order=new_arrivals

did t know they came out wit some vintage-esc pull overs either

Last edited:
Why are these sitting?

I haven't really been paying attention to sneakers but I remember these being hyped as hell when I wanted a pair a few years ago,

Not complaining will patiently wait for the discounts...like someone said, they not gonna have space on the shelves...

Why are these sitting?

I haven't really been paying attention to sneakers but I remember these being hyped as hell when I wanted a pair a few years ago,

Not complaining will patiently wait for the discounts...like someone said, they not gonna have space on the shelves...

Surprised these are sitting for as long as they have been, maybe caught up in the string of subpar releases like the MTM, Nostalgia, and Statue 9s. This was the Black Friday release which is usually coveted. Overall good for those that want them. Once these are gone, I can see this board start to light up with those wanting them.

I recently saw a posting (can't recall where) showing the top selling sneaker each week by volume. It's always retro Jordan release. NikeTalk represents what the top 5% of sneaker collectors? The masses are still buying these retros in record numbers.

Waiting until after the Dons release to jump on 2 pairs just in time before the WC 4s release. Still sitting along with Chromes at my Footaction

People are wondering why these are sitting it's a simple answer: they're not LIMITED. That's how the sneaker game is nowadays. These were a super duper GR then you add in the fact of the Jordan price increase too. Anything to little kids that are on shelves and is a GR is trash to them. If they would of made only 100 pairs in the world, could even be a dookie looking flea market shoe and people would go crazy for them as long as they're limited. In every thread before a shoe comes out you will notice everyone wants them until release day comes and they're not selling out, it's a bunch of " nevermind I don't want them" type of moments and they rinse and repeat the same thing lol.

That being said I'm fine with that, I doubled on the aquas because it's a classic shoe to me and it means something. It's funny how I often double up on "GR" sneaks just because I like them so much but not those crazy limited shoes even if I could get them. Guess I'm opposite lol.

Last edited:
I've also noticed if jb makes a ton of clothes now n days for the model they flood pairs. Good marketing

Surprised these are sitting for as long as they have been, maybe caught up in the string of subpar releases like the MTM, Nostalgia, and Statue 9s. This was the Black Friday release which is usually coveted. Overall good for those that want them. Once these are gone, I can see this board start to light up with those wanting them.

I recently saw a posting (can't recall where) showing the top selling sneaker each week by volume. It's always retro Jordan release. NikeTalk represents what the top 5% of sneaker collectors? The masses are still buying these retros in record numbers.

Kanye dissing Jordans and Adidas' rising popularity definitely had something to do with the younger generation jumping off the Jordan ship.. Also, on a much greater level, as much as we hate to admit it, increasing GR production numbers and killing hype for a CW will also kill hype. A combination of both of these issues had led to Aquas sitting for as long as they have.

Kanye dissing Jordans and Adidas' rising popularity definitely had something to do with the younger generation jumping off the Jordan ship.. Also, on a much greater level, as much as we hate to admit it, increasing GR production numbers and killing hype for a CW will also kill hype. A combination of both of these issues had led to Aquas sitting for as long as they have.

More like casual fans never cared for Jordan 8s, Aquas were mass produced, many didn't feel the grey paneling and sparkle, and or saved their cash for the 11s? Kanye has been given too much credit in this forum for a min.

More like casual fans never cared for Jordan 8s, Aquas were mass produced, many didn't feel the grey paneling and sparkle, and or saved their cash for the 11s? Kanye has been given too much credit in this forum for a min.
plus the other shoes that sat were a weird 7 and another 8.

Back
Top Bottom