Aqua 8s Black Friday 2015

Copped neither one sadly 
mean.gif
 I'm still on the "saving money for the fam" plan. Most likely I'll be back in May for the Flu Games (or as you say, the Food Poison Games 
laugh.gif
).

With my type of luck, Nike'll drop a Chi and Shattered restock soon 
laugh.gif
True, my friend just keep your head up and you will be fine. I wish you the best of luck and you know me (about the Food Poison Games)
laugh.gif
and I believe we both will secure them, I have faith. I hope they don't restock either soon because I have to start saving up for the remaining releases (White and French Blue 12s?, Black and Red 12s, Nike Air Black and Metallic Silver 5s, and Black and Red 1s).
nthat.gif

Last edited:
I returned my retail pair on the 30th day cuz I saw they were getting discounted :lol: :pimp:

Any sites or stores that still got em?

Couple sites still have almost a FSR but nobody wants to discount them.

Check FNL, Villa & the rest everyday for a price change no dice :smh:

I feel like a lot of people bought and returned the shoe because they aren't seen as "heat" or popular. The fact that they are still in stores is one thing, but the fact that they are FSR in stores is another. Group Think is so annoying but its bound to happen forever so..

I feel like a lot of people bought and returned the shoe because they aren't seen as "heat" or popular. The fact that they are still in stores is one thing, but the fact that they are FSR in stores is another. Group Think is so annoying but its bound to happen forever so..

8s were never that popular to begin with to be honest.. Also, Nike produced waaaay too many retros in 2015 (including 3 cws of 8s) so the market became quite oversaturated. And, as much as you'll hate to admit it, a shoe being limited DEFINITELY adds to its allure. Nobody bats an eyelid on a pair of GR Jordan 1 mids but everyone who knows anything about sneakers will break their necks on a pair of Frags.

Last edited:
I mean, people in general don't like Jordan 1 Mids to begin with :lol: It's rare for a pair of Highs to sit for long though and go on discount. You need some real trash like this ****

View media item 1915989
:smh: :smh: :smh:

Agreed on the market being saturated with Retros in general at the moment. It's a golden age. :smokin

8s were never that popular to begin with to be honest.. Also, Nike produced waaaay too many retros in 2015 (including 3 cws of 8s) so the market became quite oversaturated. And, as much as you'll hate to admit it, a shoe being limited DEFINITELY adds to its allure. Nobody bats an eyelid on a pair of GR Jordan 1 mids but everyone who knows anything about sneakers will break their necks on a pair of Frags.
It only applies to some and personally I believe the ones who want the limited shoes just want them to seem cool. Fragment 1s are overrated if you ask me.

That's a shame.

I love the shoe, just wanted to save 50+ dollars.

You'd think "wear what you like" is common sense but yes ppl are sheep.

It's crazy how that works. It's like if you can add the shoe to your cart without the site crashing you second guess your purchase haha!

I'm not a fan of 8s, but love Aquas. I'm still shocked they have sat this long. I was for sure it'd be a hyped release. It's funny when you consider a year ago I was devising a plan on how I'd be able to cop a pair.

The Aqua 8s are still "Heat" in my opinion, anyone thats says otherwise is their opinion and I respect it. They are an original colorway worn by Jordan in promotional things as well as the 1993 All Star Game. I want to secure a pair but I'm focused on future releases to do so.

The Aqua 8s are still "Heat" in my opinion, anyone thats says otherwise is their opinion and I respect it. They are an original colorway worn by Jordan in promotional things as well as the 1993 All Star Game. I want to secure a pair but I'm focused on future releases to do so.

Yeah I mean I don't think just because a shoe is a massive GR, it isn't heat. There might not be that much hype for it (in comparison to limited releases) but it is still heat nonetheless.

Last edited:
Yeah I mean I don't think just because a shoe is a massive GR, it isn't heat. There might not be that much hype for it (in comparison to limited releases) but it is still heat nonetheless.
Exactly, the Carmine 6s are one of my favorite shoes to wear out of my collection, then my Bordeauxs, third, my Chicago 1s, and last my Slam Dunk 6s.

Exactly heat is a subjective term, everyone has different opinions on what heat is.
But if someone thinks a shoe is heat just because it's limited then they are a hypebeast IMO.

It'll be heat in two years when everyone is kicking themselves for not copping. Isn't that how these type of releases go? There's even people in the thread now that obviously want a pair but are banking on outlet drops or heavy discounts. It's a good way to miss out entirely honestly. But I was lucky enough to get a pair from Villa so there's a tad bit of bias in that statement I guess.

It'll be heat in two years when everyone is kicking themselves for not copping. Isn't that how these type of releases go? There's even people in the thread now that obviously want a pair but are banking on outlet drops or heavy discounts. It's a good way to miss out entirely honestly. But I was lucky enough to get a pair from Villa so there's a tad bit of bias in that statement I guess.

Two years? I was thinking more like 4-5 years. Most 2014 GRs (even hyped ones) aren't too crazy on resale (~$100 or less over current retail).

Back
Top Bottom