Are IG Models Considered Professional Models?

Are IG Models Considered Professional Models?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Are Instagram models considered professionals? What differenciates the two? At what point can an IG model call him/herself a professional model?

I would love to see NT's take on this.

Well they get paid for their IG activities by professionals. I'd make a distinction between a "social media model" and a model signed to a real modeling agency though.

No.jpg

Real talk some IG “models” probably get paid more than your average model who gets gigs here and there. A professional model makes crap money and goes through a ton of BS in the industry. Compensation sometimes takes a while to come in, plus the taxes and the cut the agency takes. These big name brands dont pay well either.

A lot of “models” also just get compensates with free clothing and exposure.

I do streetwear on IG and gotten paid gigs here and there but mostly just get a ton of free gear, which is cool but now im selective of what brands I work with.

Influencer is the more acceptable term on social media, model like a runway model seems like a douche term to use in regards to yourself on social media.

And how many of you do the research to see if said model is signed to a contract?

Influencer to me appears to be correlated more to followers than 'modelling'

Other than the medium, how is an IG girl getting paid to wear such and such yoga pants because she has a lot of followers any different from Claudia Shiffer get paid to wear guess jeans in an magazine ad because she's popular?

Same ****, different toilet.

If they're not signed by one of the big agencies, no. Instagram is the new Backpage. "Models" can advertise themselves for gree and hawk products they wouldn't use themselves.

I think it's professional modeling but it's a certain brand of modeling. Instead of being in an actual photoshoot, a lot of instagram models are literally just taking selfies with their phone. The dynamic is a lot different.

The ones with 1M+ followers are actual professional models signed to an agency. eg: Sommer Ray, Kylie Rae, Emily Sears, etc.

Back
Top Bottom