Are Jordans wearable in games?

By this I mean like the old ones such as 3s, 4s, 5s (not 2011s) etc. I mean the ones they release nowadays. Ive heard things about them being poorly made. I have never really wore jordans so I don't know much about this. So will the older jordans hold up on the court? I really want to try them out. 
Oh and especially the 12's. i just love how they look, but are they durable? im talking about the retros of course. 

By this I mean like the old ones such as 3s, 4s, 5s (not 2011s) etc. I mean the ones they release nowadays. Ive heard things about them being poorly made. I have never really wore jordans so I don't know much about this. So will the older jordans hold up on the court? I really want to try them out. 
Oh and especially the 12's. i just love how they look, but are they durable? im talking about the retros of course. 

Originally Posted by mamba2526

nope, they are no longer made to hold up on the court, i mean you can and some people do but they simply will not last at least not like they used to
30t6p3b.gif

not to mention with how much they cost it makes it really un wise to tear them up especially when there are soooo many other options that hold up better
my 2 abe's

Originally Posted by mamba2526

nope, they are no longer made to hold up on the court, i mean you can and some people do but they simply will not last at least not like they used to
30t6p3b.gif

not to mention with how much they cost it makes it really un wise to tear them up especially when there are soooo many other options that hold up better
my 2 abe's

When i read ur topic i first thought like:
Are tanks usable in landwarefare?

While some are telling you that all
Retros suck in quality, i must say it
depends on model and release.
The worst retro in terms of stability,
Fitting, traction are the 2000 retros
Of the aj 6, and im not even
Complaining about the chipping
Paintjob.
While most retros have less good
Leather and paintjob quality
They are still good on court.
I played in all my retros and they were
alright.
While the aj 12 retro is less durable
Than the og, it feels and performs
Better!
the aj 14 retro are quite identical
To the og in terms of fit, feel
And quality.
Dont have the aj 13 retro but i
Trief them on and they feel
Completely different to the
Og, though that does not mean
That it would be worse.
The aj 10 and 9 retros are very
Good too.
If u want to play in aj 1, you better
get a gel insole in it, as
the cushioning of all aj 1 are
almost nonexistent. Yet the
fit and traction of the 1 is much
better than u would think of.
Aj 11 are good if the floor is
not dusty otherwise bad traction.
Aj 7 are ok, but like the ogs
The ankle part does nor provide
good support.
Aj 4 are ok though somehow
i prefer the aj 3 over it on court.
Aj 2 performs similar like 3.

When i read ur topic i first thought like:
Are tanks usable in landwarefare?

While some are telling you that all
Retros suck in quality, i must say it
depends on model and release.
The worst retro in terms of stability,
Fitting, traction are the 2000 retros
Of the aj 6, and im not even
Complaining about the chipping
Paintjob.
While most retros have less good
Leather and paintjob quality
They are still good on court.
I played in all my retros and they were
alright.
While the aj 12 retro is less durable
Than the og, it feels and performs
Better!
the aj 14 retro are quite identical
To the og in terms of fit, feel
And quality.
Dont have the aj 13 retro but i
Trief them on and they feel
Completely different to the
Og, though that does not mean
That it would be worse.
The aj 10 and 9 retros are very
Good too.
If u want to play in aj 1, you better
get a gel insole in it, as
the cushioning of all aj 1 are
almost nonexistent. Yet the
fit and traction of the 1 is much
better than u would think of.
Aj 11 are good if the floor is
not dusty otherwise bad traction.
Aj 7 are ok, but like the ogs
The ankle part does nor provide
good support.
Aj 4 are ok though somehow
i prefer the aj 3 over it on court.
Aj 2 performs similar like 3.

Btw, the aj11 in white/columbia and mediumgrey/coolgrey
are better than the other colorways because the upper
Is made og smoothleather/nubuck which makes
The shoe less soft and flexible than the nylonmesh
Upper of the concords, playoffs and spacejams.

Unless u play better in shoes with lower stability.

Btw, the aj11 in white/columbia and mediumgrey/coolgrey
are better than the other colorways because the upper
Is made og smoothleather/nubuck which makes
The shoe less soft and flexible than the nylonmesh
Upper of the concords, playoffs and spacejams.

Unless u play better in shoes with lower stability.

I usually don't make it a point to wear my Jordan Brand Nike's on the court but when I have no other choice, (forgot my ball sneakers, etc.) I have found them to hold up well. I think my best experiences were with my retro I's and XVI's and as far as those that weren't retro's my XXI's I miss them a lot actually.

I usually don't make it a point to wear my Jordan Brand Nike's on the court but when I have no other choice, (forgot my ball sneakers, etc.) I have found them to hold up well. I think my best experiences were with my retro I's and XVI's and as far as those that weren't retro's my XXI's I miss them a lot actually.

In all honesty the hold up fine.  I've played in my VII's, XX3's, XIII's, etc... Given that there are better options I would go that route considering the new tech that is available in shoes.  However, if you aren't a serious baller but more of the pick up game in the park type you should be fine with the retros.  It just depends on your style of play and where you play.  Of course shoes will take more damage on the blacktop vs the hardwood but that's indicative of any shoe.  My XII's hold up fine the retros and the OG's.

In all honesty the hold up fine.  I've played in my VII's, XX3's, XIII's, etc... Given that there are better options I would go that route considering the new tech that is available in shoes.  However, if you aren't a serious baller but more of the pick up game in the park type you should be fine with the retros.  It just depends on your style of play and where you play.  Of course shoes will take more damage on the blacktop vs the hardwood but that's indicative of any shoe.  My XII's hold up fine the retros and the OG's.

To me, the new jordans feel cheap as hell, quality has gone down the drain. Best bet is to buy some nikes, ive been using the same pair to ball for years now my hurache elites have held up indoor and outdoor once those are done with, on to either hyperfuse or hyper dunks
tongue.gif

To me, the new jordans feel cheap as hell, quality has gone down the drain. Best bet is to buy some nikes, ive been using the same pair to ball for years now my hurache elites have held up indoor and outdoor once those are done with, on to either hyperfuse or hyper dunks
tongue.gif

i used to hoop in all my j's when they were no longer clean enough to rock...when i hooped in the cool greys that came out in 01 around 04-05...after a few times i think...the whole sole came off the bottom...i felt like i had a pair of fakes or somethin lol

the 14's...the side pannels would peel off

the 8s held up ok...no real problems with those

12s were pretty solid...but the shoe strings sucked

5's ok jus big ol clunkers lol

9s were alright just got extremely dirty and they were heavy as heck too...in fact all jordans are very heavy shoes minus the 14's

i used to hoop in all my j's when they were no longer clean enough to rock...when i hooped in the cool greys that came out in 01 around 04-05...after a few times i think...the whole sole came off the bottom...i felt like i had a pair of fakes or somethin lol

the 14's...the side pannels would peel off

the 8s held up ok...no real problems with those

12s were pretty solid...but the shoe strings sucked

5's ok jus big ol clunkers lol

9s were alright just got extremely dirty and they were heavy as heck too...in fact all jordans are very heavy shoes minus the 14's

Why would anyone want to wear older model Jordans to play? Besides the obvious(looks) they just don't have the tech and materials that we need . I'm looking for stability, support and most importantly cushioning. And you're lying if you say 1-4's are comfortable for playing in. Don't get me wrong, I love the older model J's. But we play a much faster, quicker, stronger game today. Not too mention that we are physically bigger then when the shoes first came out. Players are more athletic, jumper higher and more often and we need a different type of shoe to play in. Older J's just dont cut it for me when it comes to playing.

Why would anyone want to wear older model Jordans to play? Besides the obvious(looks) they just don't have the tech and materials that we need . I'm looking for stability, support and most importantly cushioning. And you're lying if you say 1-4's are comfortable for playing in. Don't get me wrong, I love the older model J's. But we play a much faster, quicker, stronger game today. Not too mention that we are physically bigger then when the shoes first came out. Players are more athletic, jumper higher and more often and we need a different type of shoe to play in. Older J's just dont cut it for me when it comes to playing.

u CAN play in jordan retros but i wouldnt
from everything ive seen on this the 12s would be ur best bet if you really want to
imo kobes are best to ball in

Back
Top Bottom