Are Jordans wearable in games?

u CAN play in jordan retros but i wouldnt
from everything ive seen on this the 12s would be ur best bet if you really want to
imo kobes are best to ball in

They were made for ball so yes. They might not perform as well as the new products obviously but I still think they would be fine.

They were made for ball so yes. They might not perform as well as the new products obviously but I still think they would be fine.

Originally Posted by ALittleBitCooler

This.  7s and 13s are 
pimp.gif
 for me when I play ball

Originally Posted by ALittleBitCooler

This.  7s and 13s are 
pimp.gif
 for me when I play ball

For $160 you can find a lot of better shoes to hoop in. Lebron, Kobes, Melo etc.

Technology is really outdated on any Jordan from 1-11. Even though 12-14 are great hoop shoes they can't be compare to today hoops shoes

I see dudes who rock retros, Penny, Air max, etc on the court and they look struggling to play ball.

For $160 you can find a lot of better shoes to hoop in. Lebron, Kobes, Melo etc.

Technology is really outdated on any Jordan from 1-11. Even though 12-14 are great hoop shoes they can't be compare to today hoops shoes

I see dudes who rock retros, Penny, Air max, etc on the court and they look struggling to play ball.

Originally Posted by lbfitted

i used to hoop in all my j's when they were no longer clean enough to rock...when i hooped in the cool greys that came out in 01 around 04-05...after a few times i think...the whole sole came off the bottom...i felt like i had a pair of fakes or somethin lol

the 14's...the side pannels would peel off

the 8s held up ok...no real problems with those

12s were pretty solid...but the shoe strings sucked

5's ok jus big ol clunkers lol

9s were alright just got extremely dirty and they were heavy as heck too...in fact all jordans are very heavy shoes minus the 14's
The sidepanel of the midsoles peeling off when people stepping on them in a basketball match is not a problem of a retro shoe but a general design matter.
Like the AJ 9, the AJ 14 have pulled up midsoles glued on the leather which tends to come off when putting much force onto it.

But both shoes, no matter OG or retro are very good basketball shoes, even after so many years.

I'm just shocked that the AJ 1 outsoles look so obsolete but has great traction on court despite i wore my 2001 retros so often on the street.

They have better traction than most other Jordans i have LOL. But the sole comfort is terrible ^^

Originally Posted by lbfitted

i used to hoop in all my j's when they were no longer clean enough to rock...when i hooped in the cool greys that came out in 01 around 04-05...after a few times i think...the whole sole came off the bottom...i felt like i had a pair of fakes or somethin lol

the 14's...the side pannels would peel off

the 8s held up ok...no real problems with those

12s were pretty solid...but the shoe strings sucked

5's ok jus big ol clunkers lol

9s were alright just got extremely dirty and they were heavy as heck too...in fact all jordans are very heavy shoes minus the 14's
The sidepanel of the midsoles peeling off when people stepping on them in a basketball match is not a problem of a retro shoe but a general design matter.
Like the AJ 9, the AJ 14 have pulled up midsoles glued on the leather which tends to come off when putting much force onto it.

But both shoes, no matter OG or retro are very good basketball shoes, even after so many years.

I'm just shocked that the AJ 1 outsoles look so obsolete but has great traction on court despite i wore my 2001 retros so often on the street.

They have better traction than most other Jordans i have LOL. But the sole comfort is terrible ^^

i love jordans,but when it comes to playing ball,honestly there's much better options out there such as kobes or adirose

i love jordans,but when it comes to playing ball,honestly there's much better options out there such as kobes or adirose

Originally Posted by ORSRT8

Why would anyone want to wear older model Jordans to play? Besides the obvious(looks) they just don't have the tech and materials that we need . I'm looking for stability, support and most importantly cushioning. And you're lying if you say 1-4's are comfortable for playing in. Don't get me wrong, I love the older model J's. But we play a much faster, quicker, stronger game today. Not too mention that we are physically bigger then when the shoes first came out. Players are more athletic, jumper higher and more often and we need a different type of shoe to play in. Older J's just dont cut it for me when it comes to playing.

There are better options out there with 2010+ technology, but everything else you said is just flat out false. Who is this WE that are physically bigger than guys playing basketball in the 80's? Who is this WE that are so much stronger, faster, quicker than in the 80's? This is just a load of crap, even when you extend it to the pro level in most regards. But at any amateur level, you want to say that amateurs are so much better that they NEED/REQUIRE shoes that the best player ever used for most of his career? Give me a break, this is one of the dumbest things I've read.

Originally Posted by trappedintime

Why would anyone want to wear older model Jordans to play? Besides the obvious(looks) they just don't have the tech and materials that we need . I'm looking for stability, support and most importantly cushioning. And you're lying if you say 1-4's are comfortable for playing in. Don't get me wrong, I love the older model J's. But we play a much faster, quicker, stronger game today. Not too mention that we are physically bigger then when the shoes first came out. Players are more athletic, jumper higher and more often and we need a different type of shoe to play in. Older J's just dont cut it for me when it comes to playing.

There are better options out there with 2010+ technology, but everything else you said is just flat out false. Who is this WE that are physically bigger than guys playing basketball in the 80's? Who is this WE that are so much stronger, faster, quicker than in the 80's? This is just a load of crap, even when you extend it to the pro level in most regards. But at any amateur level, you want to say that amateurs are so much better that they NEED/REQUIRE shoes that the best player ever used for most of his career? Give me a break, this is one of the dumbest things I've read.
eyes.gif

The average high school kid today, is bigger than a kid was in the 80's when the first few J's came out . Even early 90's. When it comes to sports, the athletes in general are bigger, stronger and faster than they were 20 years ago. That's a fact. So why would I wear something that is 20 years older and performance wise is inferior to what is out today? Even at a amateur level. I require a shoe thats gonna feel good on my feet and lessen my chances of injury. I love the early J's. 1's- 6's specifically. But in reality the feel like bricks when it comes to performance. I'll take Zoom Air any day of the week over that.

Originally Posted by trappedintime

eyes.gif

The average high school kid today, is bigger than a kid was in the 80's when the first few J's came out . Even early 90's. When it comes to sports, the athletes in general are bigger, stronger and faster than they were 20 years ago. That's a fact. So why would I wear something that is 20 years older and performance wise is inferior to what is out today? Even at a amateur level. I require a shoe thats gonna feel good on my feet and lessen my chances of injury. I love the early J's. 1's- 6's specifically. But in reality the feel like bricks when it comes to performance. I'll take Zoom Air any day of the week over that.
That's not a fact at all. You couldn't back that up with any statistics or data to support anything you're saying. Weight training became a more important part at the high school level in the '70's. If you want to go back 40-50 years, you might find some data to support your argument. However, this is a ridiculous misconception, just like people who claim that today's NBA players are more talented or gifted than those of decades past.  I volunteer my time with high school students (and I'm 26); a decade later are these kids physically different than the kids were when I was playing at their age? Not at all. The fact that there's better technology available has nothing to do with the needs of athletes today versus the needs of those 10, 20 or 30 years ago. A 6'6 shooting guard today has the same needs as Jordan did.  It just speaks to the times we live in, and advances in materials and footwear design, not the athletes. Feel free to provide some stats or facts to dispute, but you can't call your opinions facts and expect to be taken seriously.

I balled in all my jays to a point...now it's just 3s, 20s, 1s, 12s, 11s,8s,7s,5s,4s,10s,13s,14s,15s,18s....i did rupture my ACL in the 22s tho.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Cracked my III and IV in one small pickup game cuz I wnted to remeber my childhood. SMH, now Kobes and Hyperfuse are freaking tanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom