Are the Cavs serious right now?????....Lebron and Kobe stans galore

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

The most outrageous/homerish statement I ever said about LeBron
Didnt you make a statement about Brons imaginary rings > than Kobe's actual rings ?
nerd.gif

In hindsight even you would have to admit thats a pretty stanish comment. ( if thats not what you meant please clarify )

Didnt you make a statement about Brons imaginary rings > than Kobe's actual rings ?
nerd.gif

In hindsight even you would have to admit thats a pretty stanish comment. ( if thats not what you meant please clarify )

Xtapolapacetl:
Oh, I'll be the first to say I'm predictable. But you're annoyingly predictable. Big difference. I'm sure people hate seeing me post and know what tangent I'm going to take, but LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of people hate seeing you post... along with knowing what LeBron glorifying tangent you're going to take. See the difference there? smiley: happy
I agree. But that's only because LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of people are Kobe stans (therefore automatically LeBron haters), like yourself, or just plain LeBron haters..
laugh.gif

Xtapolapacetl:
Oh, I'll be the first to say I'm predictable. But you're annoyingly predictable. Big difference. I'm sure people hate seeing me post and know what tangent I'm going to take, but LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of people hate seeing you post... along with knowing what LeBron glorifying tangent you're going to take. See the difference there? smiley: happy
I agree. But that's only because LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of people are Kobe stans (therefore automatically LeBron haters), like yourself, or just plain LeBron haters..
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MJsaver

nerd.gif

i think french or bright had this quote as one of the their sigs
laugh.gif

that comment right there just solidified that he is a bron stan

nerd.gif

i think french or bright had this quote as one of the their sigs
laugh.gif

that comment right there just solidified that he is a bron stan

It was French.....

Xtapolapacetl wrote:
And 6 rings > 4 rings.. 6 being the amount of rings LeBron would have had a 21-year old LeBron James been on the Lakers roster with Shaq starting with the 1999-00 season, instead of a 21-year old Kobe Bryant.
clown_approved_stamp.jpg

It was French.....

Xtapolapacetl wrote:
And 6 rings > 4 rings.. 6 being the amount of rings LeBron would have had a 21-year old LeBron James been on the Lakers roster with Shaq starting with the 1999-00 season, instead of a 21-year old Kobe Bryant.
clown_approved_stamp.jpg

nerd.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I remember that! Dude was SERIOUS too, then people started putting it on their sigs
laugh.gif
that was definitely him though! Imaginary rings?
sick.gif

nerd.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I remember that! Dude was SERIOUS too, then people started putting it on their sigs
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

nerd.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
sick.gif

The realness, the wackness, the execution 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

nerd.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
sick.gif

The realness, the wackness, the execution 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif

Yeah, that was way more outrageous than saying Kobe is the GOAT.
eyes.gif
This is a statement that can be disproved. How can you disprove my statement? By pointing out that LeBron didn't win a championship with a bunch of bums who he can lead to the best record in the league, but who have the worst record in the league without him?

People make "imaginary" statements like that ALL THE TIME on this forum: Just like when someone says that MJ would've won 8 straight had he not retired. That's two imaginary rings right there. Or when a Kobe stan says that the 04-07 Lakers wouldn't have won 20 games without Kobe. That's 3 imaginary records right there. Or that Penny would've been a sure-thing hall of famer if he didn't get injured. That's an imaginary half of a career right there. Or that Len Bias would've been one of the best ever had he not died. That's an imaginary entire career right there. Or that Barry Sanders would've been an all-time rushing leader had he not retired. That's thousands of imaginary rushing yards right there. Do you want me to go on? But none of these get laughed at.

The reason you are mad about that quote is you know that it's true. It hurts cause it's true. Kobe was drafted with a silver spoon in his mouth, being on the team with the most dominant force in the history of the league and he didn't become a true force until his fifth season. LeBron was among the NBA's very elite already in his second season as a 20 year-old kid. Once again, replace an 18 year-old Kobe with an 18 year-old LeBron on the 1996 Lakers and: The Lakers, starting with the 98-99 lockout season would've won 5 straight, or at least 4 out of 5 between 1999-2003 + one more between 2004-2006. Something that I didn't even think about first time is that Eddie Jones would've stayed on that Lakers team, since him and LeBron could've both been on the starting 5 without problems. Not that this would've been a deciding factor, but just a little extra that would make the Lakers even better for even longer instead of having a Glen Rice that faded away pretty fast.

eyes.gif
This is a statement that can be disproved. How can you disprove my statement? By pointing out that LeBron didn't win a championship with a bunch of bums who he can lead to the best record in the league, but who have the worst record in the league without him?

People make "imaginary" statements like that ALL THE TIME on this forum: Just like when someone says that MJ would've won 8 straight had he not retired. That's two imaginary rings right there. Or when a Kobe stan says that the 04-07 Lakers wouldn't have won 20 games without Kobe. That's 3 imaginary records right there. Or that Penny would've been a sure-thing hall of famer if he didn't get injured. That's an imaginary half of a career right there. Or that Len Bias would've been one of the best ever had he not died. That's an imaginary entire career right there. Or that Barry Sanders would've been an all-time rushing leader had he not retired. That's thousands of imaginary rushing yards right there. Do you want me to go on? But none of these get laughed at.

The reason you are mad about that quote is you know that it's true. It hurts cause it's true. Kobe was drafted with a silver spoon in his mouth, being on the team with the most dominant force in the history of the league and he didn't become a true force until his fifth season. LeBron was among the NBA's very elite already in his second season as a 20 year-old kid. Once again, replace an 18 year-old Kobe with an 18 year-old LeBron on the 1996 Lakers and: The Lakers, starting with the 98-99 lockout season would've won 5 straight, or at least 4 out of 5 between 1999-2003 + one more between 2004-2006. Something that I didn't even think about first time is that Eddie Jones would've stayed on that Lakers team, since him and LeBron could've both been on the starting 5 without problems. Not that this would've been a deciding factor, but just a little extra that would make the Lakers even better for even longer instead of having a Glen Rice that faded away pretty fast.

This really is Lebron's fault - not for leaving - that was his choice and he can do what he likes - but for announcing his decisin the way he did and leaving it so late so that the Cavs didn't have the chance to sign any other FAs.

It's not surprising that a team that was built to be support to one player can't function without him.

Hopefully there can be some moves later in the season to make them respectable again - or a decent draft pick - but we've been there already and that didn't work out too well.

This really is Lebron's fault - not for leaving - that was his choice and he can do what he likes - but for announcing his decisin the way he did and leaving it so late so that the Cavs didn't have the chance to sign any other FAs.

It's not surprising that a team that was built to be support to one player can't function without him.

Hopefully there can be some moves later in the season to make them respectable again - or a decent draft pick - but we've been there already and that didn't work out too well.

eyes.gif

Though you make some valid points, the Lakers fans of this board are never going to agree with you. A lot of them actually believe Kobe is the greatest ever. How can you even have a rational and logical conversation with a person who actually believes that?

eyes.gif

Though you make some valid points, the Lakers fans of this board are never going to agree with you. A lot of them actually believe Kobe is the greatest ever. How can you even have a rational and logical conversation with a person who actually believes that?

eyes.gif

I'll play for fun, I'm at work on a Saturday. 
laugh.gif

Hurts cuz it's true?  Come on man, it's just as imaginary as all the other stuff you brought up.  And I agree with you on the Bias, Penny, MJ 8 etc etc etc.  It is predicting and what not based on how they were going and what was being shown.  Here's the thing though, MJ won 3, and then 3 more.  Connect the dots, you get 2 in between.  Barry Sanders is killing it year after year after year after year with rushing yards, he keeps going, you connect the dots.  Bias is a bigger stretch, we have no idea there.  Anyways, people are merely going with what had already happened, along with what MIGHT have happened. 

Your case, is making things up.  You have picked a guy that has never won anything and magically he would win 6 titles just like that playing with Shaq. 
laugh.gif
  There's no dots to connect there.  Now agreed, Eddie could have stayed while Lebron played the 3, however, that's not enough shooting on the floor, NOR is that enough defense.  I know in your mind Lebron is the best shooter we've ever seen and a great defender blah blah blah, but no, the fact is, 20 year old Lebron wasn't going to hit 21 footers in game 4 of the finals, but another 20 year old kid did. 
wink.gif
  And Lebron also wasn't gonna be having any defense classes with Gary Payton at all star weekend, because Lebron thinks his game is already good enough, he don't need anybody's help.  Rice was there to space the floor in that nobody could leave him.  Eddie Jones was a good 3 point shooter, but teams would rather leave him to help double, correct?  Nobody in their right mind would ever leave Glen Rice alone, it would be stupid.  That created space for Kobe and Shaq to operate.  Granted, Rice did fade out quickly after that.  On top of all that though, Lebron's ego was even bigger then Kobe's as a kid, Bron and Shaq could have clashed even worse.  Now, flip that, and maybe not.  Kobe hated that Shaq never worked at all and Kobe killed himself every practice, so it could go either way.  Lazy no practice Shaq and lazy handshake Lebron might have co-existed perfectly, or big ego Shaq and big ego Lebron could have been at each other's throats.  NO ONE, knows either way.  We'll never know.  

Thing is, you don't even have a team.  You can clown Laker fans all you want, but we live and die with this Laker squad, and Kobe is the guy that has been reppin us for 15 years.  You weren't a Cavs fan, nor are you a Heat fan.  All you do is ride and die for Lebron.  You really have no leg to stand on at all to say a damn thing to ANYBODY when they actually root for a team.  It don't even matter that Bron has Wade and Bosh now, because as soon as the Celtics or Magic or Bulls or whoever knock off the Heat in the playoffs, you won't blame Bron, you'll blame the other guys.  Call them worthless, didn't step up, etc etc etc.  But then you hype up the Lakers cast like they are all Greek Gods and they carry Kobe's @#$ thru every game and series, and say things like Bron would win with Smush and Kwame like you did somewhere else in this thread or another thread I saw, and yet when he has the best record in the NBA 2 years staight, you call those guys bums and blame them.  Well, then why say Bron could have won with Smush and Kwame?  Which is it?  Oh you mean regular season games.  The most improtant games that Lebron James has on his resume.  "Big" regular season wins.  I forgot.  At some point, people are going to start to open their eyes.  You probably never will becasuse all you care about is Lebron, but for those of us who care about the NBA and legacies and things like that, there is a chance (and I have brought this up for about 2 years now) that Lebron may NEVER win anything.  Now, that certainly seems outlandish, I know this, and people will of course call me insane in the head, but if you sit back and truly look, say he doesn't pull thru this season.  This being his 8th full season now, all ringless.  So we start next year (maybe, depending on lockout) and he turns 27 years old.  Prime right?  Only one prob.  Look at the miles on him.  As much as a physical freak that he is, he has WAAAAAAY more minutes/games on his legs then a Kobe or KG did because they came out the first 2-3 years with lower minutes/action.  They were eased into the game so to speak.  Bron has a ton of wear and tear already.  Now he hasn't had any surgeries or any of that yet, he's in good shape overall, but instead of him playing til he's 35 at a high level, his body will wear down/break down much quicker then that.  Wade HAS had a lot of injuries.  He will break down himself in 2 years or maybe 3.  (again, speculation, connecting dots etc)  and now you're lookin at Lebron's "window" is much smaller then people think.  Remember his whole not 3, not 4, not 5........not happening.  Just to get to 5 would already have him in his 30's and at 5 straight finals runs which would mean TONS of extra games and minutes.  And Wade is older!!!!!!! 
nerd.gif

I'm way ahead of myself here, and we have plenty of time/battles to look at that more closely, and who knows, I could be wrong and Bron and Wade play til their 35 with zero injuries and great success and what not, we'll see.  But 6 made up rings, is far from being better then 5 actual proven rings.  If you want to make the case for Kobe/Shaq should have had MORE then their 3, that I am certainly in agreeance with you on.  But that's not what you said. 

eyes.gif

laugh.gif

Hurts cuz it's true?  Come on man, it's just as imaginary as all the other stuff you brought up.  And I agree with you on the Bias, Penny, MJ 8 etc etc etc.  It is predicting and what not based on how they were going and what was being shown.  Here's the thing though, MJ won 3, and then 3 more.  Connect the dots, you get 2 in between.  Barry Sanders is killing it year after year after year after year with rushing yards, he keeps going, you connect the dots.  Bias is a bigger stretch, we have no idea there.  Anyways, people are merely going with what had already happened, along with what MIGHT have happened. 

Your case, is making things up.  You have picked a guy that has never won anything and magically he would win 6 titles just like that playing with Shaq. 
laugh.gif
  There's no dots to connect there.  Now agreed, Eddie could have stayed while Lebron played the 3, however, that's not enough shooting on the floor, NOR is that enough defense.  I know in your mind Lebron is the best shooter we've ever seen and a great defender blah blah blah, but no, the fact is, 20 year old Lebron wasn't going to hit 21 footers in game 4 of the finals, but another 20 year old kid did. 
wink.gif
  And Lebron also wasn't gonna be having any defense classes with Gary Payton at all star weekend, because Lebron thinks his game is already good enough, he don't need anybody's help.  Rice was there to space the floor in that nobody could leave him.  Eddie Jones was a good 3 point shooter, but teams would rather leave him to help double, correct?  Nobody in their right mind would ever leave Glen Rice alone, it would be stupid.  That created space for Kobe and Shaq to operate.  Granted, Rice did fade out quickly after that.  On top of all that though, Lebron's ego was even bigger then Kobe's as a kid, Bron and Shaq could have clashed even worse.  Now, flip that, and maybe not.  Kobe hated that Shaq never worked at all and Kobe killed himself every practice, so it could go either way.  Lazy no practice Shaq and lazy handshake Lebron might have co-existed perfectly, or big ego Shaq and big ego Lebron could have been at each other's throats.  NO ONE, knows either way.  We'll never know.  

Thing is, you don't even have a team.  You can clown Laker fans all you want, but we live and die with this Laker squad, and Kobe is the guy that has been reppin us for 15 years.  You weren't a Cavs fan, nor are you a Heat fan.  All you do is ride and die for Lebron.  You really have no leg to stand on at all to say a damn thing to ANYBODY when they actually root for a team.  It don't even matter that Bron has Wade and Bosh now, because as soon as the Celtics or Magic or Bulls or whoever knock off the Heat in the playoffs, you won't blame Bron, you'll blame the other guys.  Call them worthless, didn't step up, etc etc etc.  But then you hype up the Lakers cast like they are all Greek Gods and they carry Kobe's @#$ thru every game and series, and say things like Bron would win with Smush and Kwame like you did somewhere else in this thread or another thread I saw, and yet when he has the best record in the NBA 2 years staight, you call those guys bums and blame them.  Well, then why say Bron could have won with Smush and Kwame?  Which is it?  Oh you mean regular season games.  The most improtant games that Lebron James has on his resume.  "Big" regular season wins.  I forgot.  At some point, people are going to start to open their eyes.  You probably never will becasuse all you care about is Lebron, but for those of us who care about the NBA and legacies and things like that, there is a chance (and I have brought this up for about 2 years now) that Lebron may NEVER win anything.  Now, that certainly seems outlandish, I know this, and people will of course call me insane in the head, but if you sit back and truly look, say he doesn't pull thru this season.  This being his 8th full season now, all ringless.  So we start next year (maybe, depending on lockout) and he turns 27 years old.  Prime right?  Only one prob.  Look at the miles on him.  As much as a physical freak that he is, he has WAAAAAAY more minutes/games on his legs then a Kobe or KG did because they came out the first 2-3 years with lower minutes/action.  They were eased into the game so to speak.  Bron has a ton of wear and tear already.  Now he hasn't had any surgeries or any of that yet, he's in good shape overall, but instead of him playing til he's 35 at a high level, his body will wear down/break down much quicker then that.  Wade HAS had a lot of injuries.  He will break down himself in 2 years or maybe 3.  (again, speculation, connecting dots etc)  and now you're lookin at Lebron's "window" is much smaller then people think.  Remember his whole not 3, not 4, not 5........not happening.  Just to get to 5 would already have him in his 30's and at 5 straight finals runs which would mean TONS of extra games and minutes.  And Wade is older!!!!!!! 
nerd.gif

I'm way ahead of myself here, and we have plenty of time/battles to look at that more closely, and who knows, I could be wrong and Bron and Wade play til their 35 with zero injuries and great success and what not, we'll see.  But 6 made up rings, is far from being better then 5 actual proven rings.  If you want to make the case for Kobe/Shaq should have had MORE then their 3, that I am certainly in agreeance with you on.  But that's not what you said. 

--Whether you wanna admit or not, Kobe did carry that USA team down the stretch against Spain though.

--Whether you wanna admit or not, Kobe did carry that USA team down the stretch against Spain though.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Xtapolapacetl wrote:

eyes.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
wink.gif

nerd.gif

No lines to connect? A single player who is a difference between the best and the worst record in the league isn't a dot to connect? A two time MVP isn't a dot to connect? A player who led a bunch of bums to the finals wouldn't have been able to win those finals with prime Shaq? You must've misread: I wrote that LEBRON JAMES would've won 6 rings with Shaq, not Darko Milicic. Shaq won 3 rings (+ 1 later with the Heat) with a player who, after Shaq's departure led his team to records of 34, 45 and 42 (a lottery and two first round exits), but he wouldn't have won those rings with a player who led a team of bums to the best record in the league and a finals appearance? Keep dreaming that my claim is "imagination". It's a calculated prediction based on facts whose outcome just doesn't suit your Kobe-hugging agenda. And your counter argument is RIDICULOUS to the extreme: LeBron didn't win with a bunch of players who have the worst record in the league without him, ergo he wouldn't have won with Shaq???? Okay, look at this team:

PG - John Stockton
SG - Reggie Miller
SF - Charles Barkley
PF - Karl Malone
C - Patrick Ewing

Bench:
Dikembe Mutombo
Chris Webber
Dominique Wilkins
Latrell Sprewell

= 0 rings

I mean, what could be more outrageous than to claim that they would've won if they got together. After all, they have 0 rings. They're not winners. They never won a ring. Their work ethics were not quite up to the task of winning a ring, etc. So there's no way that this team would've won, right?

And I don't have a team? This is who you are:

saltykobefan.png

And no, the text on the sign isn't photoshopped. The whole forum is full of you. Your team is the Kobe Bryants. Oh, I am so sorry that I blamed the other players on the Cavs for the Cavs not winning the championships. Clearly I was wrong with the way they're dominating the league. It would've made much more sense to blame LeBron, like you and your fellow Kobe stans. It was clearly his fault that they lost against the Magic with his pathetic 38, 8 and 8 averages throughout that series and the buzzer beating 3. He didn't do sufficiently with the "best supporting cast in the league". And I used Smush and Kwame as an example because of YOU Kobe homers, and how you constantly mention that Kobe had such a horrible team around him in the post-Shaq, pre-Gasol days. If he was able to lead these bums to the best record in the league, he wouldn't have had problems doing it with anyone... He would survive with Kwame and Smush. He would dominate with Lamar Odom and Caron Butler. Yeah, Kobe's ego was so tiny. His ego and reluctance to accept that he was a #2 to Shaq and failed attempt to be #1 is the main reason the Lakers lost the 2004 finals against the Pistons, which led to Shaq leaving. And LeBron has a huge ego, yet he somehow comes to a team to be a Robin and Pippen. Which one is it? And talk about hypocrisy. You Kobe homers blame EVERYONE but Kobe. Gasol grabs 20 rebounds and he's the scapegoat. It's still his fault if the Lakers lose. And not only is it his fault, but it's his fault because he's soft. 20 REBOUNDS... SOFT!

And here's proof that you all are just a bunch of Kobe huggers and not Lakers fans:

I claim that Pau Gasol was the real MVP of the 2010 NBA Finals. But every time I mention this I get battalions of salty Kobe homer soldiers like the one pictured above gang up on me. Yet this is not an anti-Lakers statement in any way. It may be a pro-Pau Gasol and (in your opinion) an anti-Kobe Bryant statement, but it's certainly not an anti-Lakers statement, since in the both players play for the Lakers. I'm simply choosing one LAKERS player over another. Yet because it's not Kobe, you get upset. You constantly customize to make The ridiculous statement in this thread that LeBron only won a gold medal because of Kobe illustrates the most extreme example of your customization:

Kobe plays like doo-doo on a stick throughout the entire 2008 Olympics, but then hits a couple of big shots in the gold medal game and it's because of him LeBron has the gold medal. It's all about that final game. But Kobe shoots 6-24 in game 7 of the finals and gets bailed out, yet suddenly game 7 isn't all that important. It's all about "the whole series", (where Gasol put up better numbers over 7 games as well, not to mention had a much better game 7).. Or it's about the ONE thing that Kobe did well in game 7: rebound. Never in your decade long period of Kobe homerism have you and your fellow stanboys EVER pointed out rebounding as a reason as to why Kobe is so great.. It was always about him being clutch, scoring when it mattered. But oh no, not this time: He rebuilds the World Trade Center with the bricks he lays throughout game 7, so you can't exactly use that to homerize.. "He didn't shoot well, so let's see: What did Kobe do well... AHA! Rebound. That's what we'll use.." All the while LeBron gave up despite him grabbing 19 rebounds against the Celtics.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom