Are you the 99% ? - Wallstreet Come Get It...

Originally Posted by Dropten

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

"well off" is pretty relative. To the 1%, you're still a peon 
i understand that but i mean i have no job a decent job with health insurance, no debt an side ventures
i dunno man it doesnt even matter internet got me feelin depressed today between the thread i just made, this thread

all i want for xmas is some new pistols cuz i dunno whats gonna happen next year

there are some of us, including myself that are stacking up on ammo and firearms. I suggest you do too before +@# hits the fan, prices skyrocket and guns bans start taking place.I cant help but feel a dark cloud approaching this country. Things are slowly, slowly going in the direction of a total US shutdown. As much good as these protesters think they are doing, it was all expected and marshall laws are already inplace incase of public uprisings. These protests arent about an african american being shot by police then ppl eventually forget about it and move on. This wont end, the protests will continue until someone is killed by authorities then the violent outbursts begins
tin-foil-hat.png

Originally Posted by CreateDestroy

i understand that but i mean i have no job a decent job with health insurance, no debt an side ventures
i dunno man it doesnt even matter internet got me feelin depressed today between the thread i just made, this thread

all i want for xmas is some new pistols cuz i dunno whats gonna happen next year

there are some of us, including myself that are stacking up on ammo and firearms. I suggest you do too before +@# hits the fan, prices skyrocket and guns bans start taking place.I cant help but feel a dark cloud approaching this country. Things are slowly, slowly going in the direction of a total US shutdown. As much good as these protesters think they are doing, it was all expected and marshall laws are already inplace incase of public uprisings. These protests arent about an african american being shot by police then ppl eventually forget about it and move on. This wont end, the protests will continue until someone is killed by authorities then the violent outbursts begins
tin-foil-hat.png
Some of u have been trained through hollywood, video games and music to think of tin foil caps anytime ur reality is questioned.  

Originally Posted by crcballer55

Originally Posted by devildog1776

Originally Posted by impalaballa187

As a former Wall-Streeter, current teacher, and future wall-streeter... there's a lot to be said about this "occupy" movement. I guess I'm the 99%, but the goal of this is quite foolish IMO. I have too much to type out right now, since my lesson plans are due tomorrow, but I'll drop my full response in the evening.

Quick point though... the majority of the people on wall-street are NOT wealthy, nor do they come from wealth. If we're talking about investment bankers and the other people putting in 100+ hour workweeks, do you think some trust fund child would be doing that? IBanking/S&T is a GRIND, and the majority of the people who started there are/were middle class.

I wasn't raised by my parents, and knew that the path to the top was paved by smarts, and wit. I bust my %$+ to get to a great college. Was strategic with my major selection, extra-curriculars, academics, and professional decisions in college to get a position at one of those firms. Now that I've grinded to get there, a bunch of hipsters with English degrees from Random 1400/2400 SAT University want to boycott me and mine?

@%%% You and the vintage bicycle you rode in on

nobody is thinking about your punk $@! cuz... Your 60000 salary don't make or break me. This movement is to let Washington and corporate BIGWIGS who send lobbyist to pitch legislation for more profits while sticking it to the average citizen on a daily basis. The main idea of a business is profit but when that profit causes pain and suffering to people worldwide then something must be done to stop it. Not everyone thinks working in a suit at some quirky firm is the idea of success. There aren't enough opportunities for the amount of qualified individuals sacrificing years of their lives for a college degree to end up with nothing to show for Once again it's about the merger of corporations and state... Which is called fascism ..Stop rediculing people for something you know nothing about...
Why not occupy Washington then?  Why not join the tea party in fighting to throw out the politicians who created the environment for this to happen?
we live in NY... OUR LEGISLATIVE AND EXECUTIVE BRANCH OF GOVT HAS BEEN CO-OP'ED BY PEOPLE WITH LARGE AMOUNTS OF CASH....
WASHINGTON IS JUST THE VEHICLE WHICH THESE PEOPLE USE TO THEIR ADVANTAGE... WASHINGTON DC WILL BE OCCUPIED.. BUT THIS IS THE GREATEST CITY IN THE WORLD WITH ALOT MORE TO LOSE... WE WERE 50000 STRONG ON WEDNESDAY. WE WILL BE 100000 STRONG IN LESS THANA MONTH... ONCE A PROPER MESSAGE HAS BEEN SENT THAT ALL OF US CAN AGREE ON WE WILL LET EVERYONE KNOW. BUT UNTIL THEN WE ARE GATHERING NUMBERS FOR THE BIGGEST REVOLUTION THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN...

THE TEA PARTY AINT A BUNCH OF RACIST WHITE PEOPLE... I HAPPEN TO AGREE WITH 90 PERCENT OR MORE OF WHAT THE TEA PARTY PREACHES... MOST PEOPLE HATE THE TEA PARTY BECAUSE THE MEDIA TOLD THEM TO.

Originally Posted by rashi

I wish people would watch this vid to understand its mostly govt fault. It is a messed up situation, its time for govt revolution not a free market one.

nobody is thinking about your punk $@! cuz... Your 60000 salary don't make or break me. This movement is to let Washington and corporate BIGWIGS who send lobbyist to pitch legislation for more profits while sticking it to the average citizen on a daily basis. The main idea of a business is profit but when that profit causes pain and suffering to people worldwide then something must be done to stop it. Not everyone thinks working in a suit at some quirky firm is the idea of success. There aren't enough opportunities for the amount of qualified individuals sacrificing years of their lives for a college degree to end up with nothing to show for Once again it's about the merger of corporations and state... Which is called fascism ..Stop rediculing people for something you know nothing about...
Why not occupy Washington then?  Why not join the tea party in fighting to throw out the politicians who created the environment for this to happen?
we live in NY... OUR LEGISLATIVE AND EXECUTIVE BRANCH OF GOVT HAS BEEN CO-OP'ED BY PEOPLE WITH LARGE AMOUNTS OF CASH....
WASHINGTON IS JUST THE VEHICLE WHICH THESE PEOPLE USE TO THEIR ADVANTAGE... WASHINGTON DC WILL BE OCCUPIED.. BUT THIS IS THE GREATEST CITY IN THE WORLD WITH ALOT MORE TO LOSE... WE WERE 50000 STRONG ON WEDNESDAY. WE WILL BE 100000 STRONG IN LESS THANA MONTH... ONCE A PROPER MESSAGE HAS BEEN SENT THAT ALL OF US CAN AGREE ON WE WILL LET EVERYONE KNOW. BUT UNTIL THEN WE ARE GATHERING NUMBERS FOR THE BIGGEST REVOLUTION THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN...

THE TEA PARTY AINT A BUNCH OF RACIST WHITE PEOPLE... I HAPPEN TO AGREE WITH 90 PERCENT OR MORE OF WHAT THE TEA PARTY PREACHES... MOST PEOPLE HATE THE TEA PARTY BECAUSE THE MEDIA TOLD THEM TO.
yo devil dog il be going on sunday so if you gonna be there hit me up. i wanna make a sign that says BUY SILVER CRASH JP MORGUE

Originally Posted by GetThisMoney

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Reading a lot of these posts show how much of a fantasy world many of you are living it. Yall say nobody's tellin u to go to college, they've been sayin it for years "Go to college, get a degree, get a good job a HS diploma can't get u."

Go to a cheaper college, cool, that degree from that cheaper college won't be good enough for many companies. Remember Harvard, Yale, etc are still prized universities.

Work hard and get your school paid for. I know ppl who graduated top of my class in HS w/ a 4.6 GPA and still couldn't get a full ride.

Yall gotta understand that the system has failed the majority. When u got ppl gettin slaps on the wrists from ruining the lives of millions with the stroke of a pen, you have a problem.

Meanwhile you got firms taking extravagant "business retreats" to Vegas at plush hotels and writing them off as business expenses.

Working up to living very comfortably w/o a degree is a luck notion, not everyone will do it.

Now a days it's more who you know and not what you know. And unless u luck up, the small clerk or mail runner won't get that chance to rub elbows w/ the big dogs.

Most people dont get into a top 25 school. So the harvard and the yales are for 2% of the college populuation so spare it. Also im sure having 100k more in my pocket than you outweighs your advantage from going to a run of the mill private school for a similar education. Times are changing, true practical skills/networking outweigh investing for a piece of paper as it should. College never prepares you for the real world nor are most of the things learned there used in your actual career save a few select trades. I admit many people were led like sheep into thinking otherwise, but common sense screams dont buy or do things you cannot afford. Why is schooling different? I noticed many immigrants go straight into these public universities and end up with jobs, never falling for the notion of paying hundreds of thousands for bragging rights.

This I kno. Its has always been this way it seems, just more evident than ever now as everybody fights to stay afloat. Even though the who u know philosophy is more pertenant than ever, u still have them pushing for higher education making many believe that that's the only way they'll get ahead in life. Only few know that's not the case. It took me to get a degree and major debt to figure this out unfortunately. I'm gon get there tho. If not for me, for my daughter

I recently started FT at an investment bank.............

1. Top 1% is around 300k income level. Most people at a bank do not approach this income level. Even in IBD, that's mid-level associate.
2. The people who got us into "this mess" are not "bankers". Please stop talking about #*+! you do not understand. I swear most of the wall street protesters do not understand how wall street works or the various job function.
3. A lot of bankers, traders, fund manaegers, research analyst, etc. came from humble backgrounds and simply worked harder than their peers to get into top schools and get good grades.

P.S. Wall Street runs NYC wether you like it or not. Good luck paying for half the #*+! in this town without bank or fortun 500 tax dollars.

Sick of these people trying to blame others for their college debt. You chose to take out a loan now pay it off. Should I go protest because I have a car payment? Since they can't find a job in their field they decide to protest. I work construction and on my crew there are two guys with college degrees. They also couldn't get a job in their field so you know what they did? They acted like a man and went out and got a job in a different field to support themselves. You are where you are because of your own choices stop trying to blame others. We got the same protestors in Boston blocking traffic and camping out. How about instead of camping out you go find a $%+#%#+ job.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

P.S. Wall Street runs NYC wether you like it or not. Good luck paying for half the #*+! in this town without bank or fortun 500 tax dollars.
This is the problem, it's funny that you can't see it...

Originally Posted by GetThisMoney

Reading a lot of these posts show how much of a fantasy world many of you are living it. Yall say nobody's tellin u to go to college, they've been sayin it for years "Go to college, get a degree, get a good job a HS diploma can't get u."

Go to a cheaper college, cool, that degree from that cheaper college won't be good enough for many companies. Remember Harvard, Yale, etc are still prized universities.

Work hard and get your school paid for. I know ppl who graduated top of my class in HS w/ a 4.6 GPA and still couldn't get a full ride.

Yall gotta understand that the system has failed the majority. When u got ppl gettin slaps on the wrists from ruining the lives of millions with the stroke of a pen, you have a problem.

Meanwhile you got firms taking extravagant "business retreats" to Vegas at plush hotels and writing them off as business expenses.

Working up to living very comfortably w/o a degree is a luck notion, not everyone will do it.

Now a days it's more who you know and not what you know. And unless u luck up, the small clerk or mail runner won't get that chance to rub elbows w/ the big dogs.

Most people dont get into a top 25 school. So the harvard and the yales are for 2% of the college populuation so spare it. Also im sure having 100k more in my pocket than you outweighs your advantage from going to a run of the mill private school for a similar education. Times are changing, true practical skills/networking outweigh investing for a piece of paper as it should. College never prepares you for the real world nor are most of the things learned there used in your actual career save a few select trades. I admit many people were led like sheep into thinking otherwise, but common sense screams dont buy or do things you cannot afford. Why is schooling different? I noticed many immigrants go straight into these public universities and end up with jobs, never falling for the notion of paying hundreds of thousands for bragging rights.

This I kno. Its has always been this way it seems, just more evident than ever now as everybody fights to stay afloat. Even though the who u know philosophy is more pertenant than ever, u still have them pushing for higher education making many believe that that's the only way they'll get ahead in life. Only few know that's not the case. It took me to get a degree and major debt to figure this out unfortunately. I'm gon get there tho. If not for me, for my daughter

Its not over yet, you can still make it out. Everyone even my parents were fed this terrible college = success lie. Being led into debt at an age most people arent responsible for their finances yet is unfair to our youth. Luckily with the internet age knowledge is available for free so people will no longer need to pay hundreds of thousands to educate themselves.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by Kramer

Not sure what they want or expect Wall Street to do

Stay out of the political process and own up to gross fraud, I guess. There isn't an official set of demands or whatever you want to call it. Corporate cosmology is the main concern though, I would believe. It's really hurting this country. There's just no responsibility or ethics at the top.
laugh.gif
@ Lord Impala. TfA to wipe his hands clean and then write back to Wall St. Touché. How the hell can random English majors boycott Wall St. though, Lord?Your point about I-banking is right on but also troubling. So many smart people (I went to a top school as well... better than yours actually, Lord) head into finance...
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Finance will always have its due place, Wall St. included. It is just out of control right now and has been since the 80s. More balance is all everyone is really looking for. Balance.
rlwc52.png

Originally Posted by andycrazn

yo devil dog il be going on sunday so if you gonna be there hit me up. i wanna make a sign that says BUY SILVER CRASH JP MORGUE

lol... I'm not sure if I'll be there Sunday but I'll try... I'll PM you if I comeout...

A "Republican" really told this to me today, "WE NEED WALL STREET TO BE ALL MIGHTY, IT SIGNIFIES OUR WORLD STRENGTH" - I was like is this guy serious? Or real life trolling. I am all for economic strength, but when a domestic issue is transformed into a foreign policy issue. It gets ugly, fast.

It baffles me to see some people vicariously defending the 1% on some stockholm syndrome steez. 
it's crazy, but at the same time understandable.  a lot of people wish they were in that 1%.  what's crazier is these same people defend government handouts to business, but scream about government handouts to individuals.  it would be rolling on the floor funny, if it wasn't so tragic. 

NY POST

What 'Occupy Wall Street' really wants
By DAVID HARSANYI

OK, I haven’t been able to track down a coherent list of demands from the “Occupy Wall Street

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by Kramer

Not sure what they want or expect Wall Street to do

Stay out of the political process and own up to gross fraud, I guess. There isn't an official set of demands or whatever you want to call it. Corporate cosmology is the main concern though, I would believe. It's really hurting this country. There's just no responsibility or ethics at the top.
laugh.gif
@ Lord Impala. TfA to wipe his hands clean and then write back to Wall St. Touché. How the hell can random English majors boycott Wall St. though, Lord?Your point about I-banking is right on but also troubling. So many smart people (I went to a top school as well... better than yours actually, Lord) head into finance...
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Finance will always have its due place, Wall St. included. It is just out of control right now and has been since the 80s. More balance is all everyone is really looking for. Balance.

Alright, Part 1: Me personally, I'm not sure what doing TFA would wipe my hands clean of. The few deals I did where a company was merging with another company? The pitchbooks and powerpoint slide edits that myself, and many of my peers did? I'm a bit confused... I'm doing TFA to show these kids that there are routes to the upper echelons of education and careers that they 1) didn't know about or 2) didn't think were possible. If you went to a better school than me, I truly am glad to hear that, I really am. I trust you bust your ##* to get there to open up more doors for yourself both academically and professionally. Do your thing playa'.
Part 2: Do people actually know what the vast array of wall street employees do? The range of professions in the financial sector and firms on "wall-street" are as diverse as the range of businesses on "main-street". So with that, I wonder, what the hell, or who the hell are they protesting exactly? The majority of the people working in those firms are NOT the "1%" that is so vilified here, they are people from humble beginnings who make decent to above-decent wages. "Occupy Wall-Street" is only really distracting, impeding, or otherwise disrupting the function of the majority of those workers. The couple HUNDRED executives are way the hell away from wall-street.

Part 3: From the grievances and rationale for complaints I've viewed from the protestors, they have little to do with Wall Street, and more to do with Pennsylvania Avenue. Whoever posted that satirical "we, the people" piece thank you, that is exactly what this looks like from the outside.

Part 4: I'm seeing these "I am the 99%" posters talk about the hard times people are facing. From what I've read, the OVERWHELMING majority of those issues THEY caused THEMSELVES. You know damn well if your house is worth $95K, you shouldn't be taking out a >$200,000 mortgage on it when you cannot plausibly afford something like that. Same with education. Why are you taking out a tremendous loan for a major, school, or course of study that research tells you is either 1) difficult to land a job in, or 2) very low paying? Even still, there are ways to get around that. Teach for 5 years, all loans are forgiven. Public service for a few years, all loans are forgiven. But nah, these newly graduated folks want to %+##+ about why they're in so much debt and how there's no way out of it. You did it to yourself.

To @DevilDog: Whenever someone profits, it is always at the expense of someone else. Any level of profit will always cause some level of suffering to another, tis the nature of business and life in general. We have a limited number of resources, we compete for said resources, whoever doesn't get it suffers. This is survival of the fittest fam, get with it or get left. Now, you yourself claim this is to send a message to Washington... yet it's aimed at this mythical "Wall Street". You want corporate lobbyists out of the ear of politicians... then go advocate for legislation that changes that. Standing in a park with a sign saying "I'm the 99%" isn't doing that. I understand the situation. I understand economics, politics, human nature, complacency, and their interconnectedness. This is not some topic that I'm incapable of comprehending bruh.

The issues here are far and wide, and this "protest" lacks a clear message and direction. Personally, if I'm on some hard times, I'm grinding, I'm not asking for a bailout, free money, or to get my loans wiped away. Those are choices I made, and I will have to deal with my damn self. You and your buddies not worried about my "punk ##* $60k?" Awesome. Get the $#@@ out my way while I'm on my way to work.

And HankMoody, I am neither your lord, savior, master, or anything similar. No need to address me as such.

sorry to tell you but there isn't a limited number of resources.... There is an unlimited number of resources. It's just that these people put a cap on the said product and cause the numbers to be artificially inflated due to demand.... there is enough land to provide food for the entire world just in Africa alone but that continent has been depleted and decimated due to banks like JP Morgan chase, Goldman sachs , boa , and hsbc along with plenty others who currently displace millions and commit genocide for profit all in the name of capitialism. Each student is tasked with the dreadful decision after HS.... Go to college , join the military , or begin the never ending cycle of working dead end jobs that doesn't benefit your health or state of well being. The system requires you to continue your education with false hopes of landing a job that doesn't require a college degree but more so maturity which many still don't have after college due to lack of experience in the real world... If you can't see how 300 million people are fighting for 100 million jobs while 200 million jobs are being exported to foreign countries Without any repercussions or sanctions is beyond me. Legislation by our elected officials and others around the world have caused this global recession soon depression due to political contributions by these banks or money laundering firms. These politicians feel indebted to these firms so they pass the lobbyists request and they line their pockets with tax free money and end up bein filthy rich because they helped others profit 10000% instead of 1000%...Obamas administration is now filled with lobbyist from Goldman sachs JP Morgan etc. When he clearly said he wouldn't invite lobbyist into his cabinet. How can he deny them when they stuff a few million in his pocket and tell him there's more where that came from if you just pass this tiny earmark in that bill. I can go on for days about this and I will.... Im gonna do some research next week so I can connect names and business' ... It's always a paper trail... Got me typing on this iPhone when I should be showering... That p90x workout was crucial today... S&A's all day...I'll be back

Part 3: From the grievances and rationale for complaints I've viewed from the protestors, they have little to do with Wall Street, and more to do with Pennsylvania Avenue. Whoever posted that satirical "we, the people" piece thank you, that is exactly what this looks like from the outside.
In Philadelphia, they are protesting outside of City Hall, not the Philly Stock Exchange.  Does that change your opinion?

"well off" is pretty relative. To the 1%, you're still a peon 

um my dude............no joke ive already been to the gun store and seriously looked, matter fact i was in wal mart other day for quick stop an i was looking at some gun magazine also guns and ammo buyers guide or something i dont recall.

im def gettin some new sig sauers before 2012, an yes im serious. i get a xmas bonus in early Dec an thats my treat to myself ive had this idea in my head for a while now just because 2012 period might bring out some crazies who knows.

i agree with you also, something MAJOR is gonna happen in this country/world soon, i dont know when but yea.

Back
Top Bottom