Arian Foster Let It Be Known That He Is A Non-Believer

Originally Posted by Freeze  
Originally Posted by DarthSka  
[A]theism is mostly a refusal to believe what has been largely indoctrinated, whereas belief is mostly sticking to an indoctrination with little to no thought or criticism behind it; just blind loyalty.
But if you're going to look at it like that, then you have to see atheism in the same light. You're shown so many examples of God, and yet you want to attribute it to something else. You see miracles literally every day
I used to tell people the same thing, as a pastor.

Then I realized that the things I was telling people are miracles... aren't.

Childbirth is not a miracle. Sperm, egg, DNA coding, 7-9 months, boom.

Nature is not a miracle. Plant seeds, fertilisation, blah, blah, blah.

Miracles are things that defy logic.

Something we don't knew the answer to yet is not an example of something that defies logic, bro.
freeze has witnessed a single man score 81 points in a NBA game though 
pimp.gif

cant explain that 

BlackIntell, when dealing with atheist, you shouldn't base your arguments off of something they don't see as credible.
Thats rule no one. If they thought it was a valid source, you wouldnt be having the conversation.

And Darth is right. Easter and Christmas are pagan holidays.
duh? I wasn't using it as a source, I was using it to correlate to my def of Easter. Dude was talking about Easter historically I was not.

The problem isn't religion or being non-religious. The problem is that a big chunk both sides refuse to respect the beliefs of others. Religious folks condem athiests, and athiests attack religion constantly. They spend more time worrying about other people's beliefs instead of focusing on their own.

question for fellow athiests, 

do yall use religions phrases?

i use "god dammit" from time to time 

I'm not religious, but I believe in a Higher Power. I can't speak for anyone else, but He's answered my prayers and looked out for me plenty of times.

But if you're going to look at it like that, then you have to see atheism in the same light. You're shown so many examples of God, and yet you want to attribute it to something else. You see miracles literally every day, but because you see them every day, you're jaded.

You woke up today. That's a blessings. To even have this opportunity to have dialogue about your disbelief is a blessing when you consider others don't have that. You can see. You can walk on your own. Childbirth. Those are blessings bro. You have food to eat. A roof over your head, clothes on your back. Yes, you work for them. They weren't free, but you were blessed with your brain, your abilities, to speak, to work, to think. Maybe you prayed a few times and it didn't happen right when you wanted it to, but to allow that to let you move on completely, you're missing the forest for the trees bro.
It seems like you arbitrarily decided that everything is a miracle. What is the criteria for a miracle? 

I can see not understanding or believing in the dogma of religion

To say that God doesn't exist

Thats pretty bold!

To think that in your infinitesimally short life, that you have all the answers and know all there is to know

Last edited:

Thats pretty bold!

To think that in your infinitesimally short life, that you have all the answers and know all there is to know
Saying GOD doesn't exist isn't the same as saying you have all the answers. Most atheists are not gnostics. Most will say they don't know when they don't know instead of blaming/accrediting something to a higher power that by definition you can not understand.

Would you prefer we say there hasn't been any evidence provided to prove GOD's existence? You know extraordinary claims requiring extraordinary evidence.

Thats pretty bold!

the thing is there is no atheist that thinks he/she has all the answers

atheists acknowledge that they dont have all the answers but use the scientific method as a method of finding answers

theists cant accept that they dont have all the answers and use religion as a cop out

Here's what I don't get why is it that people always make it such an issue. Whether you believe in God or don't, a person is going to have their beliefs. You can't prove something to someone that doesn't share the same view as you do.

BTW page 1 provided the :rofl:

Atheists are usually looking for something to reinforce their beliefs/lifestyle. They will look past many positive things to get to the one thing they need.

People who believe in God are always looking for something to reinforce their beliefs/lifestyle. They will look past many positive things to get to the one thing they need.

And then we wonder why we don't understand each other.

Just a big circle of doo-doo and horrible misunderstandings :smh:

This is something that I have noticed as I attempted to return to church earlier this year after 7 years of being away
I hope you don't mind me asking this but just out of curiosity what made you leave going to church and what made you come back?

Thats pretty bold!

Wait... Of the two which one claims to have all the answers? Believers clearly are the ones who think everything has been explained already. Your statement is completly incorrect on that topic. I'm all for throwing in a constructed idea but at least think it through before presenting it as an argument.

Which type of "God" are you referring to? God is just a name or description of force. If you're referring to the biblical character God I'd venture to say there is none. An all powerful being that gets sad every time somebody turns away from him, seeks revenge, plots to kill them, and then ends with "it's for your own good" even though since God is all knowing and all powerful he could of made the thing he loves not do it in the first place? No

The biblical God is as much as a God to us as we are to ants.

Last edited:
Saying GOD doesn't exist is a bold claim is like saying those who don't believe Santa Claus ever existed is a bold claim. The alleged power and story is just bigger than the other when it comes to scale.

Believing they do exist is the much bolder act.

Here's what I don't get why is it that people always make it such an issue. Whether you believe in God or don't, a person is going to have their beliefs. You can't prove something to someone that doesn't share the same view as you do.

BTW page 1 provided the
roll.gif
No, but you can implore people to have empathy. 

I cannot answer for God and why he does what he does, or doesn't do. He may not even make the things we see happen, but just allows to happen what was going to happen. I cannot answer for him.

This statement...

makes no sense for you to be a "Believer" ...

Back
Top Bottom