Arian Foster Let It Be Known That He Is A Non-Believer

I think Hitler motives also included religion, he was a devout christian from what I read. 
Atheists why don't you try to be immoral as possible?
whats the point to being immoral? Just because we lack faith, doesn't mean we can't be civilized and no right from wrong.

Last edited:
No seriously though?

Why be a good person?

I understand you need some relationships but past that..why?

I'm not saying commit crimes and all that but why not do anything you want up until that point?

Last edited:
Excuse us if we don't believe that religion has a monopoly over morality and that the only thing able to keep people civilized is the fear of eternal damnation 
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Yes and myself 
laugh.gif
. I seriously find it insulting the insuation that the only thing keeping people from savagery is religion when many of the most savage acts throughout history have had religion as a root cause...

Last edited:
theists love to say things like "the big bang theory doesnt work because what happened before the big bang?"

if god created everything, who created god? 

Who are you having morals for?

Your fellow man?
people treating each other with respect is something that makes me happy, it makes life more enjoyable. I do this because i think it is a good thing to do and it also improves upon the lives of others not because im scared of what will happen if i dont.

if the only reason you're not going around doing bad things is because you're scared of going to hell then you are the immoral one

Who determines morals?

What is right and wrong?
everyone has their own set of morals that is influenced by the world and people they grew up around. this is vital to our survival as a species as having common morals improves the quality of living of society as a whole (for the most part)

but at the end of the day whats right and wrong is an opinion, not a fact. 

Your fellow man?
people treating each other with respect is something that makes me happy, it makes life more enjoyable. I do this because i think it is a good thing to do and it also improves upon the lives of others not because im scared of what will happen if i dont.

if the only reason you're not going around doing bad things is because you're scared of going to hell then you are the immoral one

Then there's the person who doesn't care about other feelings and gets off to disrespecting others. Being all those things makes his life enjoyable.

His moral code is to just make himself happy, who's to say he's wrong?

Your fellow man?

Then there's the person who doesn't care about other feelings and gets off to disrespecting others. Being all those things makes his life enjoyable.

His moral code is to just make himself happy, who's to say he's wrong?
the people who he/she has disrespected say that he's wrong

but again, its not about a black or white "im right, you're wrong". its a "i disagree with your actions so I'm going to start treating you differently because i dont respect you as a person"

when one person is destructive to society then society will take action. its like a giant immune system 

Who determines morals?

What is right and wrong?
The society in which you live in. The rules and customs that the people around you follow is what gives people their moral compass.

Now, where the original people of that society came up with the rules? Who knows. Might have been influenced by religion, might not have been.

But again, what is your point here

Yes and myself 
laugh.gif
. I seriously find it insulting the insuation that the only thing keeping people from savagery is religion when many of the most savage acts throughout history have had religion as a root cause...
Very insulting and arrogant.
laugh.gif
Especially considering theists are the ones out there chopping off heads and selling women as sex slaves. If you can't be a good person without God you are a PSYCHOPATH.
Seriously man 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Disrespecting someone is not a crime though. Disrespect is different to different groups to people.

Are morals just based on the society you live in?

what if we reversed the question

to all the christians out there, IF you were to give up your religion and stop believing in god how would that effect your behaviour towards other people and society as a whole? 

Disrespecting someone is not a crime though. Disrespect is different to different groups to people.

Are morals just based on the society you live in?

Morals are the culmination of learned caused and effect within a region culture or demographic

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom