ARRANGED MARRIAGES

my mom wants to have an arranged marriage for me...

surprisingly (or not) I'm Pakistani lol

my parents are like "Its good. She's imported" and then they smile and make it sound
pimp.gif

pretty convincing though from their stories

Originally Posted by GrandPopPoplock

Originally Posted by GreyScaleMethod

I wouldn't have a problem as long as she looked good and wasn't psycho.

I look good , so you have nothing to worry about , boo .

I know you do, that's why I'm with you, now let me post in peace.

Originally Posted by JustScoreda100

my mother always told me not to worry about finding a wife. She said after I get my MIS shes taking me to the village and gonna let me take my pic
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I dont know bout some village girls but nigerian females > american females all day.
I haven't found that many Nigerian girls I find attractive but whenever I see one I'm smitten. The girl I posted is Nigerian.

Originally Posted by GULLYDAGREAT

there is no way im down for a arranged marriage

and shorty isnt too hot imo
So as a package you could do better than this girl?
grin.gif

my family is indian but we're catholic.
so it's not technically an arranged marriage.
but my older brother pretty much found his wife in the newpaper.
pretty much lists basic info like career, education, religion etc.
they met a couple times and got married.
but he had options unlike a true arranged marriage where the person is set in stone while you're still a kid.

I wouldn't have a problem as long as she looked good and wasn't psycho.

I look good , so you have nothing to worry about , boo .

I know you do, that's why I'm with you, now let me post in peace.

HAHAHAH!!!!!
Considering this is the same person that made the ****** thread, it is fitting that he/she only addressed the good looking portion of thatstatement, not the crazy.

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

and she single? girl a serial killer or some $@*% my dude.
I don't know if she's single or not....this thread is strictly speculative.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

even Indians in the US don't arrange marriages in the traditional sense...

most of them serve as match-makers... introducing their kids based on their "bio-data"
QFT

Basically their parents set the kids up these days. The kids go out on a few dates, and if they like eachother they get engaged and then get married later on.

It's no longer parents choosing you a husband or bride for you and you must marry that person. At least thats not how its done in America.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

most of them serve as match-makers... introducing their kids based on their "bio-data"
QFT

Basically their parents set the kids up these days. The kids go out on a few dates, and if they like eachother they get engaged and then get married later on.

It's no longer parents choosing you a husband or bride for you and you must marry that person. At least thats not how its done in America.
i'm a indian wedding videographer, & dirty is right about the match maker thing, that makes up 95% of marriages I do.
The kids usually find each other & the parents approve of it, or parents try hooking their kids up & kids get along good.

the other 5%... parents choose a match from india, arrange wedding, bride & groom meet for first time a few days before wedding.

I get paid regardess, but the 5% weddings are just so much more fun with all the people STRAIGHT from india...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sunny559

QFT

i'm a indian wedding videographer, & dirty is right about the match maker thing, that makes up 95% of marriages I do.
The kids usually find each other & the parents approve of it, or parents try hooking their kids up & kids get along good.

the other 5%... parents choose a match from india, arrange wedding, bride & groom meet for first time a few days before wedding.

I get paid regardess, but the 5% weddings are just so much more fun with all the people STRAIGHT from india...
laugh.gif
Yea I've seen The Namesake, I know how it works for "Americanized" or less traditional Indian families
happy.gif

I have been trying to get my dad to put me on Jamaican women from the motherland
smh.gif
dude is slippin.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by sunny559

QFT

laugh.gif
Yea I've seen The Namesake, I know how it works.
happy.gif

btw, that movie sucked
happy.gif

I would accept an arranged marriage if the girl was descent looking and was well educated

Back
Top Bottom