ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT MOVIE

Originally Posted by Donny Walker Blaq

tired.gif
Calm down guys arrested development is not that funny.

It was taken off air for a reason
laugh.gif

2hyjnet.jpg

Anyways, yessssssssssssssssss
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

tired.gif

laugh.gif
Then what is "that" funny?
curb your enthusiasm

how i met your mother
Seriously one of the lamest shows I've ever seen. They try so hard and it's so obvious. The writing is basic, the acting is generally mediocre at best, and none of the characters are particularly believable, or more importantly likable. So no.

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

They said it's been being written for the past 5 years, I'll believe it when I see the trailer 
this

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

laugh.gif
curb your enthusiasm

how i met your mother
Seriously one of the lamest shows I've ever seen. They try so hard and it's so obvious. The writing is basic, the acting is generally mediocre at best, and none of the characters are particularly believable, or more importantly likable. So no.

so if i really love how i met your mother... there'd be no hope in me liking arrested development?

tired.gif

Yes, it was taken off air for a reason. Obviously. But the reason isn't because it wasn't funny. For one, Fox has a history of canceling great shows.  More importantly, it's far too smart for cable television...it rewards viewers for paying attention to little details and repeat viewings - not the typical Fox audience.  Arrested Development would have thrived on a premium channel such as HBO.  

Back to the "news": If you've been following this project at all, you know that every cast member (especially Jason Bateman) has said this several times in the past 3 years. They are all asked about it in every interview they get and they never have much more information than we have. I decided a year or two ago that I wouldn't get excited until they were actually filming the movie. I think Mitch Hurwitz is just slaving over the script because he wants it to be PERFECT and feels a ton of pressure...and that's why we still don't have a movie. 

I love Arrested Development but Tambor didn't say anything new that we haven't heard before. Everytime Bateman, Arnett, Cera, etc. are interviewed, it's always something similar to what he just said, it's in development and being written.

Well, Arrested Development is much smarter, funnier, and complex than HIMYM. You should like it more.

tired.gif

laugh.gif

FOX cancelled the show, same network that cancelled family guy when it was in its prime
hope they dont overdo Tobias, guy was hilarious

@NubianDisaster: I personally don't care for HIMYM either but I have plenty of friends who love both. Check out the pilot, I'm sure it's online somewhere   

Originally Posted by youngcheezer

tired.gif

laugh.gif

FOX cancelled the show, same network that cancelled family guy when it was in its prime
hope they dont overdo Tobias, guy was hilarious

I could Tobias getting married to another "woman" in Cali to get back at Lindsay but of course it turns out to really be man, though Tobias apparently has no idea

*lucille gives away buster's hand chair*

buster - i would've never imagined someone could miss a hand so much...

*5 episodes later buster's hand gets bitten off*

11hvy4j.jpg

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

They said it's been being written for the past 5 years, I'll believe it when I see the trailer 

Originally Posted by Big J 33

When I see the release date and a trailer, then I'll get excited.

I've been teased for too long

Back
Top Bottom