As of today......Android marketshare >>> Apple Marketshare

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

There is an android phone on every carrier. *+!%$@ are dieing for iphone to come out on their carriers. Dont act like if the iphone didnt come out on whatever piece of @!%! company you have you wouldnt be outside camping out.

laugh.gif
how about no.

cats been having jailbroken iphones on t-mobile forever...now those same dudes

A. got tired of em and got a blackberry 9700

B. got tired of em and got a HD2

C. got tired of em and got a Nexus one

D. got tired of em and got da motorola Droid/Droid HTC incredible

E. is waiting on da EVO 4G to switch to sprint

etc.

bottomline is, Apple nolonger makes da only superphone..hell there's isn't even da most powerful anymore, and thats including

da new one dropping this summer.

You cant possibly be da serious. For every person that has an unlcked iphone with Tmobile, theres are 50 dudes who:

A. Dont want the headache of unlocking phones.
B. Dont feel like reading through forums.
C. Dont want to keep up with the latest methods.
D. Dont feel like voiding warranty.
E. Like to feel that their device is supported by their carrier.

Youre bugging if you think that the number of iphones on Tmobile now would be the same as if Tmobile had rights to the iphone on their network.

Serious question: Why do you guys stand behind these phones like paragraph warriors? you would think some of you are getting a check out of this
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Serious question: Why do you guys stand behind these phones like paragraph warriors? you would think some of you are getting a check out of this
smh.gif

cosign, its just a damn cell phone that YOU are gonna use and no one else. who gives a @#$%?? i have boys who still use motorolla razr type phones and others who got nexus ones, iphones, etc. None of us ever talk about this pointless @#$%

Originally Posted by proper english

so ninjahood, do you honestly believe that Apple will crumble within 5 or so years? 
laugh.gif

im old enuff to remember when they almost did ( windows 95 onslaught)

We never discuss their MARKETSHARE genius, its usually about the product themselves.

#lies

marketshare = relevance just like in da computer world where most applications are windows compatible and apple

software is way less abundant...i see a repeat course in da mobile world if apple doesn't start releasing its death grip and let people

install what they want on phones they pay money on...that closed system sucks.
Despite this guy's abuse of the english language, everything he has said is on point.

Originally Posted by proper english

so ninjahood, do you honestly believe that Apple will crumble within 5 or so years? 
laugh.gif

im old enuff to remember when they almost did ( windows 95 onslaught)

We never discuss their MARKETSHARE genius, its usually about the product themselves.

#lies

marketshare = relevance just like in da computer world where most applications are windows compatible and apple

software is way less abundant...i see a repeat course in da mobile world if apple doesn't start releasing its death grip and let people

install what they want on phones they pay money on...that closed system sucks.
Despite this guy's abuse of the english language, everything he has said is on point.

Originally Posted by oo206oo

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Yeah, you can't compare a company with multiple phone options vs another company that sells just one phone. That should be obvious, no?

umm we do it all da time..... ( PC. VS MAC)

My bad.

I meant

We neva discuss da MARKETSHARE fool, its usually about da products demselves.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Android def. Making moves since it first came out by it not being locked to one carrier should increase its popularity unlike apple...I work for att n one downfall wit iphone is dat ppl say it has way to many dropped calls and also the phone pretty basic ubntil you jail break it

phones are like computers now and the technology is only getting crazier. If you guys are still using the same old $@@ nextel phones its time to step it up. I understand its just a phone but it's very important to stay up to date on the latest technology. its the future!

NKEAIR wrote:
but anyways its no use to argue with ninjahood, dude did months of research before copping his nexus 1, to him, any phone in his pocket is the greatest phone ever

For some reason...this made me laugh hard
laugh.gif

ut this is so stupid...who gives a !#!@ really...

Ain't none of those phones going away...

^ dude what the hell are you talking about?
laugh.gif

I'm waiting to switch to sprint next month.....
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

it's funny how people want to talk down on Apples relevance, but every phone that's dropped since the iPhone dropped is ALWAYS compared to it
this

congrats to Android I guess, but I'll go back to enjoying my iPhone
laugh.gif

da days of lookin at phones as just something you make calls on are FAST coming to a close....

Originally Posted by Hizzle

What do people expect? Android is on dozens of phones and on multiple carriers in the U.S. As opposed to Apple's OS, which is on only one phone and only one carrier in the U.S.

Totally agree..
Had iphone and a android phone and apple market>>>>>android

da days of lookin at phones as just something you make calls on are FAST coming to a close....

Those days have been over IMO.

Originally Posted by rashi

Apple's profits > Android's profits
You coulda just said "an entire company > a segment of a smaller company"

true1life wrote:
ninjahood wrote:

roll.gif
 brought back memories of jim rome going in on miss south carolina
whoever said none of us own stock in either country/company: speak for yourself. i own stock in both companies. market share is relevant for google b/c they are integrating their software w/their phones as well as apple is, and google plays a larger role in one's online experience than apple does, and that will never change.

this is all foolishness though. if iphone was #1, everyone would say its proof that its the best phone. but its not, so the excuse is it only has 1 model on 1 provider. cry me a river. i'd like to introduce you to something called REALITY. same dudes that cheer for the yankees and pretend that they don't spend more than any other team now are taking the other side of the "if the royals had the yankees payroll..." argument. well guess what, the royals suck and the yankees won the WS.

from an individual user experience perspective, this is irrelevant for now. however, android's capture of the market will be huge in the near future. opens the door for google as a one-stop shop: cell phone service provider, home fios, tv, documents, wave, data storage, os, etc. they really need to step their social networking up though. buzz makes me nauseous. </goog love>

edit: decent read. takes literally 2 mins. nm, this is NT... put something in the oven and read this while you wait: http://www.cnbc.com/id/37065369/

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Yeah, you can't compare a company with multiple phone options vs another company that sells just one phone. That should be obvious, no?
why not? its apples problems for creating a closed system. google dont make phones, they make OS. Same as windows. dell hp gateway makes hundreds of different models of pc but they all run windows

Originally Posted by TacC4

Originally Posted by rashi

Apple's profits > Android's profits
You coulda just said "an entire company > a segment of a smaller company"
1.android is google's phone division, google is not a small company by any means2.android is royalty free so google doesnt even make money of from it. 3.android is an os, apple fanboys need to shut up about the 20 phones vs 1 phone bull crap. It is os vs os, not phone vs phone. windows vs osx, android vs iphone os. Get it yet? and if you want to make that argument to sympathize with apple, it is apple's fault for isolating their systems.

you dont have to be a fanboy to realize comparing the iphone os (1 phone) vs the android platform (many phones) when talking about marketshare (pure number of handsets out there) that its not really a fair comparison. of course its os vs os, but we're talking about the number of phones out there. you can't discount the fact, and you have to take that into consideration when talking about this. its not an excuse, its just a fact. its very easy to assume that apples marketshare would be much larger if it wasn't just on one phone, or one carrier for that matter. the fact that apple has this large of a marketshare on only one carrier and one phone is a huge accomplishment. to discount that is ridiculous (not saying you are, just in reference to other posts in here).

also, i havent messed with all of the android phones, but is the experience/ui the same on every phone? just like windows xp/7 looks the same on every pc? or does each of these phones have a different UI but running android as the base platform?

Originally Posted by presequel

you dont have to be a fanboy to realize comparing the iphone os (1 phone) vs the android platform (many phones) when talking about marketshare (pure number of handsets out there) that its not really a fair comparison. of course its os vs os, but we're talking about the number of phones out there. you can't discount the fact, and you have to take that into consideration when talking about this. its not an excuse, its just a fact. its very easy to assume that apples marketshare would be much larger if it wasn't just on one phone, or one carrier for that matter. the fact that apple has this large of a marketshare on only one carrier and one phone is a huge accomplishment. to discount that is ridiculous (not saying you are, just in reference to other posts in here).

also, i havent messed with all of the android phones, but is the experience/ui the same on every phone? just like windows xp/7 looks the same on every pc? or does each of these phones have a different UI but running android as the base platform?

how many times do i have to repeat this? It is apples fault for making their OS a closed system. If they want more market share than release it to other phones with actual good hardware. And from what I can remember there are 3 iphone models to date. Why are you even defending them? the research if plain simple and fair, what % of market share is apples and what % is googles? why are you making excuses for apples loss?

and here is a quick trivia

THE DROID SOLD ITS FIRST MILLION FASTER THAN THE IPHONE'S FIRST MILLION

does that count as something?

Originally Posted by presequel

no the experience is not on the same on every phone

theres stock android which you find on the motorola droid or the nexus one which is the common android you find

however there are some features that are exclusive to a certain device like the droid has some apps in the marketplace only for the droid

then there are android phones with android with a custom UI like the droid incredible with HTC sense, its android with tweaks that give it different features, like on the incredible, HTC put flash on its android phone where the stock android does not have it

Back
Top Bottom