Asian Culture Discussion Thread

I was at the doctors yesterday cause I kept having a really bad cough.

while I was waiting in the lobby I was coughing like crazy. Thought my lungs were gonna fall out.

everybody in the lobby was looking at me and moved away from me:lol:

turns out I have bronchitis lol. Doc put me on antibiotics and said I’ll be good lol.

I was at the doctors yesterday cause I kept having a really bad cough.

while I was waiting in the lobby I was coughing like crazy. Thought my lungs were gonna fall out.

everybody in the lobby was looking at me and moved away from me:lol:

turns out I have bronchitis lol. Doc put me on antibiotics and said I’ll be good lol.

Get well soon!

Hks tourist places are very quiet but not empty. Still scary

Are you in HK now?
If so, please stay safe...HK is predicted to be the next hotspot for cNoV...just like SARS.
Many people from Shenzhen swam across to HK after it was locked down.
Also, there were a few travellers that had a 2 hr layover at HKG and contracted cNoV.

Are you in HK now?
If so, please stay safe...HK is predicted to be the next hotspot for cNoV...just like SARS.
Many people from Shenzhen swam across to HK after it was locked down.
Also, there were a few travellers that had a 2 hr layover at HKG and contracted cNoV.

this **** show will not end. If its airborne like that tweet u posted claims then it’s over for me because I have no n95

Keep seeing these racists talking about "Who cares, the Chinese getting what they deserve" while Shanghai is literally an international hub with tons of expats from both Asia and the Western world.

I would not be surprised if a lot of the hate comes from other Asian nations. The sins of the government are being answered by its citizens.

I would not be surprised if a lot of the hate comes from other Asian nations. The sins of the government are being answered by its citizens.

Agreed, it's not just limited to Western people. Countries all over Asia are using this as an opportunity as "revenge" against the Chinese government's policies, but of course they're taking it out against the ordinary Chinese citizens that they ironically rely on for their industries and tourism.

There's been anti-Chinese signs all over shops/businesses throughout Asia during the past month. Even here in the Bay Area, my dad said that there have been rival "factions" forming at his company against some of the Chinese employees, especially by some Taiwanese engineers who are using it as a "we told you!" type of moment

Last edited:
The past couple of years there’s been a rise in racism toward all Asians. Not just the general public and businesses in the Western World, even in Hollywood’s movie industry and Colleges. They’re all starting to feel threaten with how well Asians are advancing, so they’re trying to hold us back. This is just their excuse to justify their actions. Nothing will hold us back. We have overcome it before and we will overcome it again and come back even stronger. Asians will keep our mouths shut and let our actions speak for itself. You know what they say...the ones that talk the most and the loudest are the ones that’s scared.

The ones saying “Chinese deserves it” are a bunch of ignorant ****s. What have Asians done to harm them? It’s ok though, one thing Asians are good at is we dgaf about what people say.

Last edited by a moderator:
What the hell is this? I know tons of Chinese people in the Bay Area who haven't been to China in months/years, so they're now banned from these ships too? Ridiculous

Until further notice, all ships in the Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. fleet will adopt these health screening protocols:

Regardless of nationality, any guest or crewmember traveling from, to, or through mainland China, Hong Kong, or Macau less than 15 days prior to their sailing will be unable to board any of our ships.
  • Any guests holding a Chinese, Hong Kong, or Macau passport, regardless of when they were there last, will not be allowed to board our ships.
  • Any guest or crewmember that has been in contact (which the CDC defines as 6 feet or 2 meters) with someone that has traveled from, to, or through mainland China, Hong Kong, or Macau less than 15 days.

Additionally, there will be mandatory specialized health screenings performed on:

• Guests who are unsure if they have been in contact with individuals who have traveled from, to or through mainland China or Hong Kong in the past 15 days.
  • Guests who report feeling unwell or demonstrate any flu-like symptoms.
  • Any guest presenting with fever or low blood oximetry in the specialized health screening will be denied boarding.

Until further notice, all ships in the Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. fleet will adopt these health screening protocols:

Regardless of nationality, any guest or crewmember traveling from, to, or through mainland China, Hong Kong, or Macau less than 15 days prior to their sailing will be unable to board any of our ships.
  • Any guests holding a Chinese, Hong Kong, or Macau passport, regardless of when they were there last, will not be allowed to board our ships.
  • Any guest or crewmember that has been in contact (which the CDC defines as 6 feet or 2 meters) with someone that has traveled from, to, or through mainland China, Hong Kong, or Macau less than 15 days.

Additionally, there will be mandatory specialized health screenings performed on:

• Guests who are unsure if they have been in contact with individuals who have traveled from, to or through mainland China or Hong Kong in the past 15 days.
  • Guests who report feeling unwell or demonstrate any flu-like symptoms.
  • Any guest presenting with fever or low blood oximetry in the specialized health screening will be denied boarding.

Like I said, so stupid. They're basically excluding a giant population of people who are here in the US with tons of disposable income.

The only good thing is that cruises are often cesspools of trashy people anyway, so banning Chinese people from their ships is actually doing the Chinese community a favor.

By the way, you guys remember when dudes were boycotting random Chinese-American restaurants back during the SARS outbreak?Like damn, boycotting Panda Express and Mr. Chau's is not gonna save you from getting SARS...

I have no doubt that there are Trump supporters doing that, but at least this time around I haven't seen it in the Bay Area :lol:

Back
Top Bottom