Asian Culture Discussion Thread

Time to topple CCP or at least Xi

Forreal all the democratic East Asian natoins should just boycott China to force the government's hand. Taiwan and South Korea are models for innovation and high tech with democratic politics. China's just been bullying and leveraging their economic rise in the past two decades to get people to do what they want.

IP theft, relying on cheap slave labor and authoritative governance can only last so long

I hate kill this love. its too cheesy and the horns sound cheap on the track.

but besides that almost all their songs are fire. its cause they're produced by one guy named teddy park. dude is a hit maker for the black label.

I think they're actually confirmed by YG for a Comeback in June. High key excited since they dont have much songs.

My favorite BP songs are Kill This Love, Really and Whistle. That's probably my western music palate bias :lol:
Nothings been confirmed yet I think and they’ve been rumored for a comeback every month of 2020 so we’ll see :lol:

Don’t know what to do and Playing with fire :nerd:

I know E everysingletime saw that DKWTD dance practice video with Lisa doing the splits :nerd:

Any Koreans in here? Need some recommendations on what brand of kimchi is the most authentic and where can I get them, specifically in the Bay Area, CA.

Nothings been confirmed yet I think and they’ve been rumored for a comeback every month of 2020 so we’ll see :lol:

Don’t know what to do and Playing with fire :nerd:

I know E everysingletime saw that DKWTD dance practice video with Lisa doing the splits :nerd:
I'm sorry... Lisa did splits? Please direct me to the video!

... And so cool to see some IU talk in here. I don't like her songs that much but I love her, her personality and acting is everything.

I'd risk it all for a meeting with IU or Lisa or Chungha. I'd drop everything I'm doing.

Btw. Anyone here good at Korean?

I was studying korean for a while and then stopped when the covid shutdown affected the school where I was taking lessons. I'd say I'm at a level 2 in Korean but I'm growing rustier at it by the day.

I'm sorry... Lisa did splits? Please direct me to the video!

... And so cool to see some IU talk in here. I don't like her songs that much but I love her, her personality and acting is everything.

I'd risk it all for a meeting with IU or Lisa or Chungha. I'd drop everything I'm doing.

Btw. Anyone here good at Korean?

I was studying korean for a while and then stopped when the covid shutdown affected the school where I was taking lessons. I'd say I'm at a level 2 in Korean but I'm growing rustier at it by the day.

Any Koreans in here? Need some recommendations on what brand of kimchi is the most authentic and where can I get them, specifically in the Bay Area, CA.

I'm not Korean or super specific about kimchi, but Hankook Market in Santa Clara should have any hard to find/authentic brand; it's my go-to market for Korean food. I usually just pick up any random one from there or the Japanese markets throughout the Bay

I think they're actually confirmed by YG for a Comeback in June. High key excited since they dont have much songs.

My favorite BP songs are Kill This Love, Really and Whistle. That's probably my western music palate bias :lol:
With the way 2020 is turning out, the blackpink comeback could end up being the best part of my year.

I'm not Korean or super specific about kimchi, but Hankook Market in Santa Clara should have any hard to find/authentic brand; it's my go-to market for Korean food. I usually just pick up any random one from there or the Japanese markets throughout the Bay
Santa Clara kinda far from me. East Bay have some weak options too. Maybe the Korean Market in Oakland have some decent ones or head over to SF or San Mateo for the Japanese Market I guess.

There’s an H-Mart that’s supposed to open in the city in the Balboa Park area. It’s been held up for years though :smh:

Santa Clara kinda far from me. East Bay have some weak options too. Maybe the Korean Market in Oakland have some decent ones or head over to SF or San Mateo for the Japanese Market I guess.

The one in Oakland should be fine. Yeah, definitely not as many markets for Korean and Japanese imports in the East Bay. Marina Market has the basics, but it's mostly Chinese. I'm curious why there aren't more Korean markets in the East Bay though, especially with all the :pimp: Korean restaurants in Newark and Fremont

But yeah, I usually hit up the Nijiya Market in San Mateo if I just need kimchi or soju to go along with my dinner.

Back
Top Bottom