Asian Culture Discussion Thread

Yea the night I blacked out and ended up in the ER I had a lot of soju, on top of other alcohol :lol:
sounds about right.

I don’t do shots of hard liquor often anymore, but when I do, that burn and nastiness makes me stop at a couple of shots max. Chugging soju bottles on the other hand...and having it all hit you 30-60 mins later... is an interesting experience :lol: :pimp: (note: I did not chug all of these at once-just one bottle/hour)

FE1B0D34-4280-4C63-A47D-84B6077789E5.jpeg

Soju is hard to drink by itself, need food to go with it. Taste and smell too much like rubbing alcohol.

Warm sake is perfect on a cold night with some sushi.

Soju is hard to drink by itself, need food to go with it. Taste and smell too much like rubbing alcohol.

The regular one is basically light vodka in terms of taste, but the flavored ones are extremely easy to drink. It's a compromise between the plain soju and the soju cocktails that used to be popular (way too sugary for me these days). GoodDay has them in all sorts of flavors; the best ones are Peach and Pineapple IMO

I usually get the regular one if I'm just trying to stick to one bottle or so for the night, and flavored ones if I'm out celebrating something and want to get faded ASAP

The regular one is basically light vodka, but the flavored ones are extremely easy to drink. It's a compromise between the plain soju and the soju cocktails that used to be popular (way too sugary for me these days)
The only time I had flavored soju was at the Korean bar (p0rno bar) in Oakland. They mix it with actual watermelon or something and not the bottled flavored ones.

Sake is something I like to enjoy, but if i'm pounding shots then Soju is the way to go.

Also im not sure what Korean ramen is? They do have better brands of instant ramen though if thats what you're asking :lol:
Korean ramen? Isn’t that just the nongshim brand?

The only time I had flavored soju was at the Korean bar (p0rno bar) in Oakland. They mix it with actual watermelon or something and not the bottled flavored ones.

Ah I see, those are good too. I go to this spot called Dae Bak in Santa Clara that has that

C8F697FC-21D8-40FD-A2CB-0F0922674155.jpeg

Kind of weak in terms of alcohol content though (I sometimes pour in more regular soju) . I mostly end up getting these when I go with my girlfriend since her tolerance is lower

danger style danger style Just ignore my ramen question, I don't really know the difference between the two kinds of ramen myself.

Back on the soju topic, I have this right now. Apparently this soju was supposed to be more smooth than regular soju but honestly it still tastes kinda rough to me lol, I still prefer the cheap kind

20200510_020314.jpg

Ah I see, those are good too. I go to this spot called Dae Bak in Santa Clara that has that

C8F697FC-21D8-40FD-A2CB-0F0922674155.jpeg

Kind of weak in terms of alcohol content though (I sometimes pour in more regular soju) . I mostly end up getting these when I go with my girlfriend since her tolerance is lower
The one in Oakland is weak too and it’s not worth going there, cars always getting broken in to. Sucks to get jipped with the drinks then go out and see your car getting messed up.

Thankfully I live in Koreatown in LA and it’s pretty much an easy trip to get quality food from almost every asian ethnicity.

Back
Top Bottom