Asian Culture Discussion Thread

I heard Korea is one of he friendliest places to go. My buddy and his wife and newborn went last year and they said everyone came up just to say hi as if they’ve never seen a baby haha.

How come the Koreans in the US seem so aggressive?

I heard Korea is one of he friendliest places to go. My buddy and his wife and newborn went last year and they said everyone came up just to say hi as if they’ve never seen a baby haha.

What race were they?

park-bo-young-wallpaper.jpg

This lady is the reason I got into Korean pop culture

I haven't been to Korea yet. I want to visit and I will but I actually heard Koreans in Korea are really shy with strangers

Keep in mind, Korea is the most homogeneous country in the world. Koreans in the US had to deal with race tensions. LA Riots. So they had to harden up real quick.
Most are super friendly , but do tend to keep to themselves (koreans only) but its comfortable and they share the same culture.
Get enough soju in and they are all wanna fight though.
Also koreans have a very distinct culture system where the younger respects the older.
Like if you're younger than me by one day, you're paying for all my meals.
Also if guys and girls are going out drinking, guys pay for EVERYTHING.

park-bo-young-wallpaper.jpg

This lady is the reason I got into Korean pop culture

I haven't been to Korea yet. I want to visit and I will but I actually heard Koreans in Korea are really shy with strangers
I’m hoping to go too once this pandemic is over. Been to Japan and I love it, I bet Korea is just as good or better.

Keep in mind, Korea is the most homogeneous country in the world. Koreans in the US had to deal with race tensions. LA Riots. So they had to harden up real quick.
Most are super friendly , but do tend to keep to themselves (koreans only) but its comfortable and they share the same culture.
Get enough soju in and they are all wanna fight though.
Also koreans have a very distinct culture system where the younger respects the older.
Like if you're younger than me by one day, you're paying for all my meals.
Also if guys and girls are going out drinking, guys pay for EVERYTHING.
I respect the Koreans in the US. They hold it down and dont let people mess with them. I just hope more Asians will be like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm honestly surprised it's not China.

If there was a trivia question with money on the line asking about the most homogenous country in the world I'd have picked China without hesitation lol
A LOT of foreigners in China, not even talking about Americans, ...Koreans, Japanese. Also a lot of minority Non-Han people in China. Hmongs, Tibetans.
South korea is KOREANS for the most part.

I’m hoping to go too once this pandemic is over. Been to Japan and I love it, I bet Korean is just as good or better.

I respect the Koreans in the US. They hold it down and dont let people mess with them. I just hope more Asians will be like that.

Depends on what you like, the food you like, and which culture you appreciate more. For me, Japan > Korea for travel. But that's just me. Your miles may vary.
Most Asians hold it down when they are younger, but then they get jobs, start families, and holding down the block aint the stuff to do anymore.
They had it really bad during the LA riots though. Shops ransacked and burglarized. They had to arm up and shoot it out in the streets or have their whole neighborhood burned out.

A LOT of foreigners in China, not even talking about Americans, Koreans Japanese. Also a lot of minority Non-Han people in China. Hmongs, Tibetans. South korean is KOREANS for the most part.

Depends on what you like, the food you like, and which culture you appreciate more. For me, Japan > Korea for travel. But that's just me. Your miles may vary.
Most Asians hold it down when they are younger, but then they get jobs, start families, and holding down the block aint the stuff to do anymore.
I’ll have to go to Korea to compare but I loved Japan. Food, commute, clean, felt safe everywhere I went. I don’t want to choose. Both is good and bad in their own ways.

Ain't no way unless they go in English. Probably not even then.

BTS are at a point where they're as big as most of the top tier artists in US.

blackpink is pretty big in the US i'd say, maybe not quite BTS level cause they're a boy group and they actually release music

helps that two of em speak english, and they performed at coachella

Ain't no way unless they go in English. Probably not even then.

BTS are at a point where they're as big as most of the top tier artists in US.
What's ironic is blackpink are much better at English than bts is. They could handle promotions and interviews in America easily but yg just seems uninterested in making blackpink big over here.

What's ironic is blackpink are much better at English than bts is. They could handle promotions and interviews in America easily but yg just seems uninterested in making blackpink big over here.
MUCH more $$ in Boy bands VS girl group. Have you seen the NON koreans who love kpop?? got book bags filled with buttons of BTS.

Japan I'd go for a foodie and nerd/geek adventure

Korea I honestly can't pinpoint why I want to go. I think I've watched too many kdramas not to want to visit it at least once at this point.

Korea is all about food, clubbing and drinking. That's the problem. You can do all that in LA / NY . Japan is something else all together.

Boy bands are probably easier to market over girl bands, but I still think yg is mishandling blackpink.

BTS has a billion songs and Blackpink only has 13. That's four years blackpink has been a group and they have 13 songs. Lol

Blackpink has Rose who is probably more comfortable singing in English than Korean and they can't give her an english solo 😢

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom