Asian Culture Discussion Thread

I'm surprised you guys know her? More because I'm assuming this was before most member's time.
Or did k-pop's rise also cause people to go back and listen/watch to stuff from the late 90s?

This is dope to me btw, in case my tone comes off weird.
I lived in the same 'hood as Hyori....and "knew" her...through various friends/aquaintances.... but so did a lot of people...
But her and s.e.s 유진....man.
Maybe I need to change my avy.

Have Personal and extended Family ties to South Korea, so an appreciation of the Culture has always existed. Actually prefer the k style for music, variety shows, dramas. Gen 1 and Gen 2 stars still the best having seen all through the beginning.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_South_Korean_girl_groups

Have music section still in Master Playlist.

Re: Hyori.
She’s the classic Best of All. Her beauty, style, personality and confidence in original music and variety shows like Family Outing was unmatched. First Superstar.

:emoji_fire:

:wow: 10 Minutes. haven't heard that song is AGES.

You're instantly my buddy if you know this song :

Last edited:

Hong Kong X Philippines collab

source.gif

wuchi01 wuchi01 did you ever mess with S.H.E? :lol:

Hell no. What is that?
Has to be hot girls and then good beats and flow.

Edit:
Remembered back in the day the chorus of the song played in stadium on tv when former LA Dodger Chan Ho Park went to mound.
Knew then kpop on the rise.
Learned later the young kid in video grew up to be BigBang G Dragon.

Last edited:
Weird twist.
Came here as real little kid and went to kindergarten like everyone else way back in the day.
Can understand our Family original Zhejiang-Wu Dialect Chinese and Mandarin Chinese, but have difficulty when used in Music and some News. Drives me nuts.
But fine with Korean.

🤷‍♂️
Interesting.

You're ethnically Chinese but you're better at Korean?

How'd that happen?

Interesting.

You're ethnically Chinese but you're better at Korean?

How'd that happen?

Misunderstanding:
Prefer K music over Chinese music because can’t understand the language when used in lyrics.
Same when spoken language is more detailed and spoken in News form.

Absolutely nothing. I'm basically a kpop newbie.

you don't know about one vo1ce tho??

tenor.gif

but no lie, they were dope in the 90s. idk how much play they got outside of the bay area, but it was fire seein some asian sisters get put on.

i love H.E.R's music, that woman is talented, but i'm hearing a lot of bay folks incorrectly say "oh she like the first filipina artist outta Vallejo"...pause bruh

good looks on the info. i think yall already know what my next few google searches will be. 20-ish years later, i bet she's still fine AF

Back
Top Bottom