Asian Culture Discussion Thread

She's good and talented. Wasn't she compared to Anita Mui at one point? I could be wrong.
Hard to really compare the two. I would say Anita was more well rounded since her performances featured a lot of choreography in addition to singing whereas Faye was mainly just a singer.

Anita was also a really great and prolific actress.

Anita was mainly based out of Hong Kong , where Faye was big in both mainland and hk markets.

Btw my boy said hell join me for viet coffee after covid19 . Which one in socal should we try?

Everyone in high school was into Beyond with that "Gum Tien Wo". :lol:
Beyond is one of my favorite bands man. Two of the members went on tour last year and did a bunch of their classics. If I had known at the time, I would’ve seriously considered flying out and attending. Need to experience it live at least once.

RIP Wong Ka Kui

Beyond is one of my favorite bands man. Two of the members went on tour last year and did a bunch of their classics. If I had known at the time, I would’ve seriously considered flying out and attending. Need to experience it live at least once.

RIP Wong Ka Kui
One of my favorites too. I forgot when but one of those Chinese channels was doing a documentary on them. Everyone expected them to fail. They got popular in Japan first and went back to HK. RIP man...if only he didn't die.

@PoweredbyMSG u eat spam with macroni?
Nah...LOL. I do like going to HK Cafes tho. Baked pork chop over rice and stuff.
“Chahn Dan mein”

1589956543599.jpeg

One of my favorites too. I forgot when but one of those Chinese channels was doing a documentary on them. Everyone expected them to fail. They got popular in Japan first and went back to HK. RIP man...if only he didn't die.
Think the story was that Beyond actually wanted to break into the Japanese market because they were unhappy with the HK music industry.

That’s how they ended up doing that Japanese variety show on that night and the accident happened :frown: :smh:

Another favorite is the Minced beef over rice or spaghetti with an egg.

I'm someone who sleeps very late at night. It's the reason why I'm up at night with you west coasters

A 7/11 right by me would be heaven right now. I'm kind of hungry lol

Back
Top Bottom