Asian Culture Discussion Thread

Gotta turn my doubler lids to a single lids and add that black eye shadow.

Korea has a huge market for makeup and cosmetics targeted to men

The emasculation of the Asian man.

screen_shot_2016-11-22_at_12.24.58_pm-1366x773.jpg

A Japanese man was a huge leading star in America and Europe during the silent movie era, and was considered very handsome : Sessue Hayakawa
Sessue_Hayakawa_1918_(Fred_Hartsook).jpg

:nerd: Im not going to lie, I sometimes have a hard time telling these kpop girls apart from their face.

Back to my point, we need more leading Asian male actors in strong roles that are admirable, and not just repurposed pop-stars.
Where the Bruce Lee/Chow Yun Fat/ Mifune for our era.

I honestly think this is why the birthrate in Japan in so low. You got girls want these kpop stars. How the hell is a normal salaryman going to compare.

Last edited:
BTW a friend of mine started a thing called "Chinatown Cinema" which is a outdoor film watch of classic Chinese firms in Chinatown LA. Obviously its on hold now but the last movie they did was Kungfu Hustle.
If you're in the Socal area, do check it out when it comes back.

:nerd: Im not going to lie, I sometimes have a hard time telling these kpop girls apart from their face.

Back to my point, we need more leading Asian male actors in strong roles that are admirable, and not just repurposed pop-stars.
Where the Bruce Lee/Chow Yun Fat/ Mifune for our era.

I honestly think this is why the birthrate in Japan in so low. You got girls want these kpop stars. How the hell is a normal salaryman going to compare.
Funny you say this

After watching Train to Busan, my sister was ready to have this man's babies

MV5BMjJkNTk0NGQtOGU3NS00M2JlLTg2NzktNjQ1ZTU2YzU0YWI2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_.jpg

No lie, he was by far my favorite character in Train to Busan

I've seen a bunch of his movies.
Train to Busan is probably my least favorite role of his.
His other films are def a must see.

Back
Top Bottom