Asian Culture Discussion Thread

086E6944-BB0C-46D7-A419-703F90690411.jpeg

059F31DB-4BDF-4143-A951-7BB827A30A3C.jpeg

One of my buddies in high school is a stuntman in Hollywood. He was in one of the Rush hour movies and in most of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies doing stunts. Always been a crazy guy. Haven’t seen him in a while.

Triad? Not that I know of :lol:

He still directs movies but hes mainly based out of China now.

sad but he’s basically on bad terms with all of his 90s costars and production people. Combo of being money hungry and fiery temper =\
I remember hearing that rumor, not sure if it was true haha.

Yea I also hearing him and “Tat sook” had a fall out. They were a good combo.

Brother B from goo wak jai is for sure a triad

1590303615313.jpeg

since you mentioned God of Gamblers

1590303711753.jpeg

He’s the bodyguard/best friend in the series

He’s a real life Dai Lo and ran his own production company :lol:
Brother B for sure haha. I wonder how he is in person. He seemed like a cool guy in the movie.

How'd you know about the bodyguard/best friend being a real life Dai Lo? I bet most of the production companies for the movie and music industry in HK is ran by triads. What’s that production company that handled Twins? Aren’t they pretty big?

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a little white washed to me. I guess that’s what they were going for tho, trying to get the American viewers.
Yeah I remember disliking it when it first came out because the comedy was definitely more geared towards western audiences. It works though, Can’t argue with its success.

I’ve started to appreciate it more when I look at it as his tribute to old kung fu movies and martial arts philosophy.

Yeah I remember disliking it when it first came out because the comedy was definitely more geared towards western audiences. It works though, Can’t argue with its success.

I’ve started to appreciate it more when I look at it as his tribute to old kung fu movies and martial arts philosophy though.
It would be hard to translate some Chinese humor/jokes too. Different meanings that the Westerners couldn’t relate.

How'd you know about the bodyguard/best friend being a real life Dai Lo? I bet most of the production company for the movie and music industry in HK is ran by triads. What’s that production company that handled Twins? Aren’t they pretty big?

That guys name is Charles Heung. His family's triad background is well known to the public. His dad founded the Sun Yee On, which is one of the biggest triads in the world.

In regards to Twins, I think they're managed by Emperor group. I don't specifically know if they're run by triads, but yeah there are definitely connections. I remember reading about there being a contract out for Edison Chen's arm when his whole scandal went down and messed up one of the Twins' image :lol:

Werent they going to cut off his pp for that scandal? Thats what i heard. Seems like nothing happened.

Is Edison Chen even allowed back to HK? Or is he still going back there once in a while? His company Clot is still in business.

That guys name is Charles Heung. His family's triad background is well known to the public. His dad founded the Sun Yee On, which is one of the biggest triads in the world.

In regards to Twins, I think they're managed by Emperor group. I don't specifically know if they're run by triads, but yeah there are definitely connections. I remember reading about there being a contract out for Edison Chen's arm when his whole scandal went down and messed up one of the Twins' image :lol:
You know your stuff. :lol: Can’t keep up but I know you could fill me in on all the details.

I think HK Cinema really messed me up when I was a kid. I remember the opening scene of God of Gamblers Return where they killed Chow Yun Fat's preganant wife and put their fetus in a jar :smh:
I remember my parents watching some Hk movie where the bad guy had dudes hanging alive with hooks in they backs and he was like tugging on their legs so it digged in deeper. Freaked me out back then

Back
Top Bottom