Asian Culture Discussion Thread

The last couple of days of posts have been hilarious.
There must be some posts I missed because the sprinkling of serious discussion.
But is someone questioning/denying/dismissing the AAPI experience out here?

Fyi: for those in or go to Seattle.
Another crazy dumb mf to look out for
Be aware and Be safe. Protect you and yours.

in times of national hysteria, there's almost always a group the media/government props up to be caught in the crosshairs. post 9/11 we saw how this country rallied against folks who looked middle eastern or could possibly identify as muslim. now, more than ever, xenophobes are coming out for asians. meanwhile andrew yang was insinuating that asians essentially need to "be more american" and show our pride during the current pandemic. smfh, if this senseless asian uncle tom don't sit down.

This is what I was afraid of with the Chinese or Wuhan virus talking points.

What's sad is I'm sure there are lots of Asian Americans that buy into this republican talking point. Wouldn't be surprised if one or two of my cousins are thinking the same way

for my california heads in here, specifically those from the LA/LBC area, yall listen to the rapper $tupid Young? definitely got that west coast vibe to him and his flow is saucy

bro really slid "i represent for all the asian that aint got no voice" into his verse

I ALWAYS sing a parody of the hook when Im making Korean dumplings at home. :nerd: :lol:

This is what happened where I live a couple days ago. If I see this white trash leave a note on my door she will get a beating. Don’t care if she’s a man, woman, young or old.

Funny thing is the white b**** can’t even write a proper letter. She sounds like an immigrant herself.

The last couple of days of posts have been hilarious.
There must be some posts I missed because the sprinkling of serious discussion.
But is someone questioning/denying/dismissing the AAPI experience out here?
Some members in other threads were saying how AA were striving to be white / accepted by whites / model minority.

Honestly, I'm going to start putting people on ignore because I obviously learn nothing from them and it just ruins my experience on NT.

This is what happened where I live a couple days ago. If I see this white trash leave a note on my door she will get a beating. Don’t care if she’s a man, woman, young or old.

Funny thing is the white b**** can’t even write a proper letter. She sounds like an immigrant herself.

seen that yesterday...homegirl needs a copy editor, her **** was riddled with grammatical errors. she got some nerve telling foreigners to leave while below elementary command of english composition. the audacity!

seen that yesterday...homegirl needs a copy editor, her **** was riddled with grammatical errors. she got some nerve telling foreigners to leave while below elementary command of english composition. the audacity!
:lol: I couldn’t believe it when I read it.

in times of national hysteria, there's almost always a group the media/government props up to be caught in the crosshairs. post 9/11 we saw how this country rallied against folks who looked middle eastern or could possibly identify as muslim. now, more than ever, xenophobes are coming out for asians. meanwhile andrew yang was insinuating that asians essentially need to "be more american" and show our pride during the current pandemic. smfh, if this senseless asian uncle tom don't sit down.

Although I will politically disagree on some issues with the man, gave Yang the benefit of doubt on what he was saying. The Asian community in the broadest sense has still not engaged with American society to our full strength and potential. This ongoing apathy has effects still being felt today.

Would like to see more local, state and national involvement on a Civic and Political level. Sure then actions and opinions will then diverge more toward shared values and not race/ethnic bias. But that’s what White, Black, Hispanic, etc have done over generations in American History.

And don’t get me wrong, Politics and Civics can and is a dirty game. Lengthy experience from back in the day have taught me not my interest. Such is Life.

Some members in other threads were saying how AA were striving to be white / accepted by whites / model minority.

Honestly, I'm going to start putting people on ignore because I obviously learn nothing from them and it just ruins my experience on NT.
I've been on nt a very long time.

The days of going back and forth with ppl is rare for me nowadays.

I don't have the energy for that . So I just put ppl on block.

Saw that news too. Was floored the sheer audacity. Have lived in San Leandro before during my years in Bay Area. Un-effing believable.

I don’t put anyone on ignore. Just a message board. And people have bigger issues in Life if they can’t carry on a conversation. Personally dismayed by Outrage/Cancel culture. Waste of Time.

Although I will politically disagree on some issues with the man, gave Yang the benefit of doubt on what he was saying. The Asian community in the broadest sense has still not engaged with American society to our full strength and potential. This ongoing apathy has effects still being felt today.

Would like to see more local, state and national involvement on a Civic and Political level. Sure then actions and opinions will then diverge more toward shared values and not race/ethnic bias. But that’s what White, Black, Hispanic, etc have done over generations in American History.

And don’t get me wrong, Politics and Civics can and is a dirty game. Lengthy experience from back in the day have taught me not my interest. Such is Life.

I agree with what you're saying, but Yang lost me when he straight up said to "wear red, white and blue" among other things. Why should we perpetually have to prove our "American-ness"? And apparently going to wal-mart and picking up American flag jumpsuits is the answer...?

For sure though we need more representation in all forms of government. And for our voice/voices to not be minimized.

edit: by not be minimized I mean push our voices/agendas to the front scream it out and not wait to be heard.

If I know the nter I give them a long leash. The leash can last years.

If I don't know a nter and they immediately annoy me I just go straight to the ignore button :rofl:

If I know the nter I give them a long leash. The leash can last years.

If I don't know a nter and they immediately annoy me I just go straight to the ignore button :rofl:

I've never seen oldboy
Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 17.51.03 PM.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom